✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

National Geographic Book Club

Prince Myshkin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, well I either make stupid threads or serious threads. Never anything in between. It's not that they don't have an interest in these things, it's more that if we were to discuss these things I would have to explain everything first since I would have just read up on it and that would get really old for everybody involved, like you said. If we had all read the piece we could bounce off each other and maybe teach each other things that some may not have picked up on. That's what I'm hoping to do in this thread if we get any subscribers, no matter how few.

I was looking at The Sky At Night and it looked really good. If I was to have a third subscription it would be that. Then I could have one on the environment and world events, one on history and then one on astronomy.

That is quite a cool idea actually, tell you what, ill buy the next issue and see how we get on. I love learning so sounds good to me. who else is gonna?

If price is a huge factor for you right now National Geographic would be a good choice for you. What will you be studying at uni?

you're right but i'm afraid i have to wait another month or two:\

i'm studying archeology i was going to study medicine but i changed my mind at the last minute!!

That is quite a cool idea actually, tell you what, ill buy the next issue and see how we get on. I love learning so sounds good to me. who else is gonna?

Sweet. I look forward to it.

you're right but i'm afraid i have to wait another month or two:\

i'm studying archeology i was going to study medicine but i changed my mind at the last minute!!

Well of course education should come first. I'm getting it for the next year so it doesn't matter when you get yours first, I'll still be able to discuss it with you :)

I wish you well in your studies!

• 4 weeks later...

New one is out. I don't have it yet, just letting people know.

I bought New Scientist the other day and was reading it today at work. Pretty interesting with all the new technology coming our way. Also had a piece on legalising marijuana, for which it was in favour.

Anyone think they will buy National Geographic or New Scientist?

My dream job would be a travel journalist for the National Geographic. :heart:

Although I hardly ever see the National Geographic in shops...although maybe thats because I go straight to the music section...

I frequently check their website though, especially the photography section.

My dream job would be a travel journalist for the National Geographic. :heart:

Although I hardly ever see the National Geographic in shops...although maybe thats because I go straight to the music section...

I frequently check their website though, especially the photography section.

Yeah it'd be sweet!

You should look into a subscription, they are really cheap - see first post of the thread.

Oh this is crazy timing. I just got a subscription offer yesterday, one year for $12 (that's like £8), and I was going to mail it tomorrow. :|

Really.

xq6gw.jpg

So yes, I will participate! :awesome:

Sweeeeet. It'll be a while before it comes for you I think but it's well worth it :awesome:

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I got a 12 month subscription for a birthday once. I love the magazine.

But recently I haven't read it so often... Thanks for bumping this thread and reminding me of it. Gonna pick a copy when I can.

edit: I was referring to National Geographic. Never heard of New Scientist. We don't have it here.