✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bands that are better live than on CD

bjaiken

While they make me sleepy on the albums (I'm exaggerating :kiss:) there's a whole different energy in the songs when they perform them live. :heart:

:laugh3: I get what you're saying. The energy is different for sure but I've never been 'sleepy' listening to them...but maybe because gL's voice is a warm blanket to me so I feel confortable 'sleeping' with them playing in my ear :lol:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Led Zeppelin, too. Man, if you listen to the beginning of "How The West Was Won," they blow the doors off the hinges when they come out of the Intro and into Immigrant Song. That's back when Robert Plant's voice was still spot on.

Yes, that as well!

But to be honest - I never really listen to their albums.

The songs sound so much better live.

While they make me sleepy on the albums (I'm exaggerating :kiss:) there's a whole different energy in the songs when they perform them live. :heart:

think i have to agree with you, Anna...even tho i became a fan because of their albums first. then it just built up from there after seeing them live.

have a friend who insists that SP aren't a good band based on her opinion of their album (Final Straw: good at the start, then starts getting boring after Run). i told her they're actually really good live & definitely more loud/rockier sounding, but she thinks that there's no point listening to a band's songs or even seeing them live at all if they're only good/better live.

oh, well...to each, their own. :shrug:

i haven't gotten a chance to see him live, but i heard Newton Faulkner's really good live too. tho it might have to do with his style of playing the guitar - using it as both a string instrument & a percussion.

^ U2 is definitely a band you need to see live. Their CDs are good, but you can't really understand that band without seeing their concert. They have such an incredible energy about them. Also, the stage show is just nuts.

The good thing about U2 is that each tour is like an experience. Although I don't think the band sounds quite as good today as they did during the Joshua Tree era (certainly Bono's vocals), their current tour is so amazing its hard to call it better or worse than others. It's just different.

Well I'll know in another year! :dozey:

We've had our tickets since last October and we're seeing them NEXT july! :evil:

I still have my tickets for the 2 nights in Anaheim. Ticketmaster is making some good interest on this one.

Maroon 5 [/size][/b]and I was surprised. The vocals are so much better live and the bands were very talented and energetic. :awesome:

P.S. (I would know if U2 was better live, but somebody had to postpone the tour! :evil:)

There is something else that is better in live than on CD. ADAM LEVINE !!!! :bomb:

There is something else that is better in live than on CD. ADAM LEVINE !!!! :bomb:

+100000 (on the band and Adam even if my heart goes to Jesse :heart: ) I was surprised to see how good they're live! (and Matt=drummer is just incredible... :stunned: )

franz ferdinand is EPIC live....Coldplay live is very emotional/energetic some songs sound better live, but CD is better...what do you guys think about Arctic Monkeys?

never seen them live but from going on live videos i would say theyre better on cd. theyre the type of band i would love to see do some jamming and improvisation on stage because they have the talent and chemistry to do it.

oasis is pretty bad live... especially vocally

Excatly

I had a good time seeing them last year but if the public hadn't been so pleasant it could have been the worst gig I attended. Liam's fault (bad voice, always out of stage). And even if Noel was far better than his brother he didn't have any stage presence (?).