Avril Lavigne

Hicksy

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like her :)

OK, I realise I may get flamed for this but im going to hold my ground

You guys know I am a Radiohead and Coldplay fanatic but I REALLY like her!!! not just in the obvious sense but her music is VERY good and she has a big part in writing the music too which gives her credibility. Her lyrics are very strong and its more than just pop music - its very tuneful

If any of you have an open mind go find her album Let Go and give it a few listens because its excellent and her 4 b-sides are also extremely good

if any-one wants to have a pop at me for admitting this then bite me :D

I must admit' date=' that "Losing Grip" song (I just saw the video on Much Music) is getting better and better the more i listen to it.. :shrug: :D[/quote']

I really don't like her that much...buuuut...I must admit that song is pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

GO AVRIL!!! everyone I know practically hates her but i love her for how she speaks her mind and rocks out. i watched gonna meet a rock star and she was so down to earth and was just acting like a regular teenager. she's also canadian and i love to support my fellow canadians!!! i love her band!! They're hilarious!!

watch exposed on avril lavigne on much!

When Avril's album was released I didn't give a shit to her. Then some weeks later i saw the complicated video and thought: "Oh man, that chick is so hot!" And that was the main problem... i were so attracted to Avril that i didn't pay attention to her songs. (you guys must admit, avril is a hot petite. :D ) But then i went to the cd store and bought her cd. I must say that i were really impressed. So many nice tracks... Her lyrics are very cool. I always laugh when i hear "things i'll never say": "If I could say what I want to say, I'd say I wanna blow you... away" :lol: :lol: :lol:

On sk8er boi she shows that she knows how to rock, on i'm with you and tomorrow she shows that she knows how to transmit her emotions... Ooooh, i DO love Avril Lavigne. *Gives a Big Hug to Avril* :D :D

at the beginning i didn't like avril's music, i though she was just a new pop icon with a huge marketing process for selling her disc. But i've been so hammered by her music, that finally i like it. But it's true that she sucks in live... Well she's young :shrug: not yet the alanis morissette's endurance! lol

at the beginning i didn't like avril's music, i though she was just a new pop icon with a huge marketing process for selling her disc. But i've been so hammered by her music, that finally i like it. But it's true that she sucks in live... Well she's young not yet the alanis morissette's endurance! lol

you're right, avril sucks live... But at least she tries to sing her songs. (Not like "Bitchney" spears, that uses playback.) Avril gives her best on stage, and I admire that. I'm sure that in 3 or 4 years avril will be a great live performer. She just needs some time.

avril's pretty. i'll give her that. i saw her about a week ago. she's so small!

Oh god, you saw her... that's MY dream. You know, what all the girls in this board feel for chris martin, I feel for avril. She's the sexiest girl in the world!!! :D

New Avril video?

I heard a lot of people talking about a new avril lavigne video: "knockin' on heaven's door." But i never saw it, and didn't hear anything about her making this video. Does anybody here know if this video exists, or it's just a rumour?

Yup, she performs that in the "warchild - hope" cd. it is a cover version of bob dylan's knockin' on heaven's door.

Our newest avril video here in Brazil is "i'm with you", but i downloaded the losing grip video on kazaa and it really is pretty cool.

so, it appears that there DO is a video for avril's knockin' on heaven's door. I need to download it to complete my avril vidz collection.

Oh, and cold_kitty (sorry, i forgot your name :? ), i totally agree with you, but i think that avril's videos couldn't be different. I mean, do you imagine her on the scientist video, or radiohead's just? Of course not, that's not her style. I can only imagine avril on her teen-style clips, skating and destroying cars. But they're still good vidz, and avril's is so hot that i don't really mind what the video is about, as long as she appears in the video.