✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Are Getting "Risky" On Their New Album

Tash

November 25th, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Coldplay have nearly completed work on their new album and frontman Chris Martin has revealed some of the songs see the band getting a little "risky" compared to their previous releases.

Speaking about their recent studio sessions, the singer says: "We're down to 15[songs]. I'm trying to make sure there are three songs that start with the same letter. On the last album it was 'L'. It might be 'U' this time.

"One of them is Up With The Birds. It might be a duet, but we don't know who with yet. The other two might change."

Chris added that guitarist Jonny Buckland has a big part in the new recordings, as he shared with Q: "Hurts Like Heaven is all Jonny. It only has two chords. The songs are group-y, its guitar-y. Johnny is coming out of his cocoon. We're just trying some risky things."

Martin continued: "We're hungry and very fired up. In five years we'll be in our late 30s. You have to have your best work done my then."

Before the new is released, Coldplay will release a Christmas single called Christmas Lights on December 1st.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

Hurts Like Heaven doesn't sound like a great title but let's just remember back in 2008 the 'What the fuck is Viva La Vida loca or whatever crap/shit/cheesy name for a song title is that' reaction.

Up With the Birds sounds nice as does Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Oh, I didn't realize that was a real song from their next album, I thought you made it up or something.

No I did not maam. Now is there a sense of awkwardness that it's not a joke?