✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Wikileaks releases 250000 confidential US embassy files

busybeeburns

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a tough one....

The US IS the most powerful country in the world, but not because we want to rule the world... I mean, when we really think about it... there's no other country like it in world! With so many freedoms, rights, and liberties.... is no wonder why this country is built on immigrants! And for the most part... we embrace those. My parents being some of them...

with that said... I agree the public has a right to know, but at what cost?! Soldiers lives are already being sacrificed everyday.... do we really need to add more fuel to the fire with these leaks? What good is this really?

man, I just don't know how I feel about this exactly... :( it just sucks all around.

We are trying to rule the world. Why do we have bases is so many countries? Interfere with everyones business all the time? It's not because we're bored.

We have a modern day global empire. Forcing or at the very least trying to force out will on every nation we can. We aren't hated for our "freedom" but for our military presence and wars all over the globe. The dictators we keep in power or put in power and the constant interfering with others nations, like pawns to get us what we want.

_50345714_50345713.jpg

There is disagreement over how much the attacks have affected the firm

Anonymous Mastercard attack 'hits payments'

Web attacks on the Mastercard site have disrupted payments, the BBC has learnt.

The site is among several targeted by the Anonymous group of hackers, who have pledged to pursue firms that have withdrawn services from Wikileaks.

Mastercard, which stopped processing payments to the whistle-blowing site, said the attack had had "no impact" on people's ability to use their cards. But the BBC has been contacted by a payment firm that said its customers had "a complete loss of service".

In particular, it said that an authentication service for online payments known as Mastercard's SecureCode, had been disrupted. Other readers have also said that they have had problems with online payments. The scale of the problems is still unclear.

Mastercard has not responded to the claims. It said in a statement that it was making "significant progress" in restoring full service to its website.

"Our core processing capabilities have not been compromised and cardholder account data has not been placed at risk," it said. "While we have seen limited interruption in some web-based services, cardholders can continue to use their cards for secure transactions globally."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11935539

Well there's a very fine line between being extremely courageous and extremely foolhardy.

Whatever way you look at it, he's going to be a marked man for the rest of his life.

Bet you any money, right now.. MI5, CIA are talking to him... !

True. A lot of countries want to take him down now:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/nov/30/interpol-wanted-notice-julian-assange

^Sudden 'rape allegations' now against Julian Assange

Just mindless character attacks used to make him appear less credible.

Did Wikileaks do anything illegal when they put the documents up? Surely there must be SOME law they were breaking. . .

That's just the thing. Wikileaks/Assange broke no laws whatsoever. They simply spread information which was given to them. Any organization (CNN, Fox news, BBC) who publishes the information contained in these documents is doing the exact same thing.

Come on, we all love a gossip, but we dont need Pardoara box being opened. !

Think like this would you tell, your folks friends your darkest secerts if you ever did anything.. that was considerd as bad, silly dark .. betrayed.. no !

However when I think about it, this could be an excuse for Western Goverments to justify the passing of emergency laws to control the media, end off. !

Come on, we all love a gossip, but we dont need Pardoara box being opened. !

Think like this would you tell, your folks friends your darkest secerts if you ever did anything.. that was considerd as bad, silly dark .. betrayed.. no !

However when I think about it, this could be an excuse for Western Goverments to justify the passing of emergency laws to control the media, end off. !

Which is all the more reason to suspect these are "deliberate" leaks.;)

Which is all the more reason to suspect these are "deliberate" leaks.;)

I am starting to think this more and more. Justifying passing laws that will enable them to control us more.

Bart I can't really take you seriously if you think these leaks are the same as 'gossip'.

?? yes gossip, its given the world something to talk about, I am being ironic.

Well there's a very fine line between being extremely courageous and extremely foolhardy.

Whatever way you look at it, he's going to be a marked man for the rest of his life.

I don't know about that. Is Daniel Ellsberg a marked man? The US government tried to put him in prison for leaking the Pentagon Papers, and failed.

By contrast, Julian Assange didn't even do anything illegal. All he did was to publish the papers that were given to him. The only person who did anything illegal by US law was the guy who leaked the information in the first place, Bradley Manning.

I don't know about that. Is Daniel Ellsberg a marked man? The US government tried to put him in prison for leaking the Pentagon Papers, and failed.

Maybe so, but they will never forget, and they will at the very least ensure his life is made very difficult from now on.;)

By contrast, Julian Assange didn't even do anything illegal. All he did was to publish the papers that were given to him. The only person who did anything illegal by US law was the guy who leaked the information in the first place, Bradley Manning.

Same as the above.

All the more reason to support WikiLeaks. Free speech and freedom of press are more important than government secrets.

In a democracy, the government should be afraid of it's people, not the other way around.