✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Wikileaks releases 250000 confidential US embassy files

busybeeburns

Mr Assange is accused by the Swedish authorities of one count of rape, one of unlawful coercion and two counts of sexual molestation, alleged to have been committed in August 2010.

All too convenient if you ask me. However, he only has himself to blame for stirring up the hornets' nest.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the process could take months. Police contacted his lawyer, Mark Stephens, on Monday night after receiving an European arrest warrant from the Swedish authorities.

And it will take months, and buy time while governments around the world decide if they can pursue action against him. From there, it'll be all too easy...

All too convenient if you ask me. However, he only has himself to blame for stirring up the hornets' nest.

I don't recall him asking for your sympathy, if there is nothing behind these allegations then he doesn't have himself to blame as he hasn't broken any laws.

_50331755_010802095-2.jpg

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange refused bail

The founder of whistle-blowing website Wikileaks, Julian Assange, has been refused bail by a court in London but vowed to fight extradition to Sweden.

Mr Assange denies sexually assaulting two women in Sweden. He was remanded in custody pending a hearing next week.

A judge at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court refused bail because of the risk of the 39-year-old fleeing. A Wikileaks spokesman said the arrest was an attack on media freedom and pledged to continue publishing.

Mr Assange's lawyer Mark Stephens said after the court appearance he would be applying again for bail. He also claimed the charges were "politically motivated" and he pointed out the judge had said he was keen to see the evidence against Mr Assange.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11937110

Suddenly a 'rape claim' comes out of no where, it amazes me how Governments think everyone is that stupid.

This guy has bought it partly on himself though, I'm sure he knew he wouldn't be thanked by anyone for putting that kind of information on his website, I've not actually read the site itself just the bits that have appeared in the Newspapers and on the News so I don't know the extent of what he said but from what I've read there are going to be some quite offended people out there.

I agree.

And I still say that to expose stuff on the scale he has, you've got to have some kind of death wish, because even if he's not prosecuted for anything, he'll have nowhere to go, and will be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.

So ultimately you would have to be the most stupid person on the planet (which he clearly isn't), or be seeking martyrdom, as nobody could be so naive to think certain people wouldn't want to silence you as soon as humanly possible.:dozey:

There are a few problems with this whole thing:

1. How did the guy get the documents in the first place?! Aren't they confidential?

2. Why did the guy think it was a good idea to leak them? We're in the middle of a war, for God's sake!

3. We don't know if any of the world leaders that was mentioned is going to get really pissed at us for it. . . that's what I'm most worried about. Especially that Saudi Arabian king guy, he worries me.

Ridiculous situation.

Guest howyousawtheworld

The reaction of the US towards these Wikileaks shows they've got a lot to be ashamed about with a whole lot more coming.

1. How did the guy get the documents in the first place?! Aren't they confidential?

2. Why did the guy think it was a good idea to leak them? We're in the middle of a war, for God's sake!

3. We don't know if any of the world leaders that was mentioned is going to get really pissed at us for it. . . that's what I'm most worried about. Especially that Saudi Arabian king guy, he worries me.

Ridiculous situation.

I agree. They should just do away with him, and his pansey followers... for the better of everyone !

Somethings are done, no matter how ugly they seem, we would not be here if goverments had taken such actions..

If there are dodgy goings on in this war then we need to know. We need to know the bad things in life just as much as the good.

And I still say that to expose stuff on the scale he has, you've got to have some kind of death wish, because even if he's not prosecuted for anything, he'll have nowhere to go, and will be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.

So ultimately you would have to be the most stupid person on the planet (which he clearly isn't), or be seeking martyrdom, as nobody could be so naive to think certain people wouldn't want to silence you as soon as humanly possible.:dozey:

Again I agree with you, he's clearly not stupid and has his own motivations for doing what he did, but to do something like that and expect no reprisal would be something no one could expect.

The US needs to stop trying to police the world so much, I like the Country, most of its people are great but alot of the Forigen Policy sucks and quite a few Americans say the same.

The US needs to stop trying to police the world so much, I like the Country, most of its people are great but alot of the Forigen Policy sucks and quite a few Americans say the same.

That's a tough one....

The US IS the most powerful country in the world, but not because we want to rule the world... I mean, when we really think about it... there's no other country like it in world! With so many freedoms, rights, and liberties.... is no wonder why this country is built on immigrants! And for the most part... we embrace those. My parents being some of them...

with that said... I agree the public has a right to know, but at what cost?! Soldiers lives are already being sacrificed everyday.... do we really need to add more fuel to the fire with these leaks? What good is this really?

man, I just don't know how I feel about this exactly... :( it just sucks all around.

I'm not saying we should police them because we consider a nation dangerous, I'm merely worried for our safety, and our soldiers overseas' safety. I don't expect or want the US to be in charge of another country, I just wanted to express that I'm worried about the consequences stemming from this.

with that said... I agree the public has a right to know, but at what cost?! Soldiers lives are already being sacrificed everyday.... do we really need to add more fuel to the fire with these leaks? What good is this really?

man, I just don't know how I feel about this exactly... :( it just sucks all around.

This.

I reckon there is plotters within goverments of the world, whom have joined forces to try and bring down goverments cause disoder by bringing out these links, and it makes them just as bad as the secret forces that these goverments have such as M16, CIA, MOSAD, CSS etc.

I reckon there is plotters within goverments of the world, whom have joined forces to try and bring down goverments cause disoder by bringing out these links, and it makes them just as bad as the secret forces that these goverments have such as M16, CIA, MOSAD, CSS etc.

The Illuminati?:rolleyes: