✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?

Imke

No doubt with that attitude one day you'll be wishing someone would at least send you socks. :awesome:

Very unlikely, as I don't have a "materialistic" view of things. I'm more than happy to buy socks (or anything else for that matter) myself, and I can quite happily enjoy Christmas without receiving presents.:rolleyes:

The best present you can give anyone is your time (and I don't mean spending a few minutes buying a pack of socks and wrapping them up in Christmas paper).:dozey:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha! Unbelievable- to go back to the same point I just made 1 post ago which you decided to edit out of your quote:

My point is that buying socks (Or any shit gift) is still more thoughtful then doing absolutely nothing, some of us know way too many friends and relatives to spend time with all of them around Christmas, clearly you don't have this problem.

Anyway, seeing as I regularly buy crappy random presents like chocolates, wine etc. because I have a very large family and know quite a lot of my neighbours families, way too many people to know that well so I'll just get them anything to remind them that I still think about them even if we rarely see eachother.

I just acknowledged that very point, of course time is more important but when you don't have the option of spending time with everyone then socks or something shit will have to do.

clearly you don't get the precious gift of time from others because in that case you wouldn't be online all day :lol:

Giving and getting presents is fun, even if it's called materialistic and stuff. A present worths more than the price of the object anyway and if you only see than when you receive a gift, then you're the materialistic one.

You still haven't acknowledged the point I made which you've now ignored twice- I have said that time is more important then sending presents, but if you don't have the time to spend with everyone you know, and you know way too many people to specifically go through what present is right for them, just get them something to remind them that you still think of them. Now to progress things, what are the alternatives? I have about 60 cousins, do you think it wouldn't be awkward for me to call all of them up and just be like "HEY- haven't seen you in 4 years....".

You are just dragging this out as much as possible, you even went to the effort of editing the part of my post which made the same point that you used as a rebuttal!

I have about 60 cousins, do you think it wouldn't be awkward for me to call all of them up and just be like "HEY- haven't seen you in 4 years....".

It doesn't have to be all about Christmastime. That's the whole point. If you care about these people enough, you have 364 other days in the year to get in touch with them some way and show you still "care" about them.

Best time would be on their birthday, I suggest.;)

Of course, if you want to get all stressed out haring around buying pointless presents for 60 cousins you apparently don't see all year for whatever reason, because you're worried they might think you don't "care" about them, then that's up to you.

You still haven't acknowledged the point I made which you've now ignored twice- I have said that time is more important then sending presents, but if you don't have the time to spend with everyone you know, and you know way too many people to specifically go through what present is right for them, just get them something to remind them that you still think of them. Now to progress things, what are the alternatives? I have about 60 cousins, do you think it wouldn't be awkward for me to call all of them up and just be like "HEY- haven't seen you in 4 years....".

You are just dragging this out as much as possible, you even went to the effort of editing the part of my post which made the same point that you used as a rebuttal!

over 60 cousins wow :o I suggest you get to it. Start dialing those numbers That's a really big family you have

It doesn't have to be all about Christmastime. That's the whole point. If you care about these people enough, you have 364 other days in the year to get in touch with them some way and show you still "care" about them.

Best time would be on their birthday, I suggest.;)

Of course, if you want to get all stressed out haring around buying pointless presents for 60 cousins you apparently don't see all year for whatever reason, because you're worried they might think you don't "care" about them, then that's up to you.

You STILL haven't acknowledged my point! 4 times you've ignored it now?

That's it. Fuck off and die. :nice:

Cancel Christmas because people got bad presents (usually from people they weren't too close to and if not then only one out of the last decade or so). Good idea that.

Sorry, I'm just reading half the posts then forcing my opinions across, as is the fashion. I'll make a similar post in about twenty minutes to anyone who replies, no matter what you say.

Haha that would be ghost writers like Jordan gets for her books, or even worse, Wayne Rooney- there is no way that man could possibly write a book about anything.

They just go to some writer and give them some major details about things that have happened in their life and then the writer fills in the blanks with minor insignificant details that have no real relevance (Which actually must not be easy) that aren't expressing any sort of opinion or bias one way or the other. Then a proof reader and editor read over it and if there's anything they think the star would object to then they refer it to them, but normally it's so mundane that it doesn't need to come to that.

over 60 cousins wow :o I suggest you get to it. Start dialing those numbers That's a really big family you have

Especially when they are all (apparently) going to go ballistic if they don't receive a Christmas present because they'll think they're not cared about!:stunned::shocked2::stunned:

Guest howyousawtheworld
In what way? Would you use it to throttle the person who gave it to you?:P

I'd vomit on it then throttle them with it. And then burn it! ;)