✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?

Imke

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In short, people shouldn't bother to buy you presents at all unless they know you well enough to know the sort of thing you would appreciate.

Oh not this again (For those who don't know I once had a very long 'discussion' with Mark about his viewpoint of this). I might find it later so I don't have to bother writing loads again, for now I'll just say that's a very lonely and bitter outlook.

Oh not this again (For those who don't know I once had a very long 'discussion' with Mark about his viewpoint of this). I might find it later so I don't have to bother writing loads again, for now I'll just say that's a very lonely and bitter outlook.

I would say this thread is ample proof that there are far too many people out there who are just throwing their money away on meaningless presents for the sake of it.

If they really have money to burn like that, they should give the money to charity instead. At least there's a good chance it won't have been totally wasted then.:dozey:

Otherwise, at least have the decency to find out what the intended recipient would actually appreciate, even if it's just a bar of their favourite chocolate!;)

Guest howyousawtheworld

I can't ever say I've received bad gifts. I've had gifts that I haven't used like diaries and watches but I'd never call them "bad" as such.

I would say this thread is ample proof that there are far too many people out there who are just throwing their money away on meaningless presents for the sake of it.

If they really have money to burn like that, they should give the money to charity instead. At least there's a good chance it won't have been totally wasted then.:dozey:

Otherwise, at least have the decency to find out what the intended recipient would actually appreciate, even if it's just a bar of their favourite chocolate!;)

I found the original debate, and seeing how it culminated reminds me of how ridiculous you are:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3840866&postcount=101

So in case anyone's wondering, sending someone socks this Christmas is an insult to them, shows you don't know them well enough and therefore shouldn't have bothered, and you're a bastard for not using that money for charity. TOE SOCKS on the other hand are perfectly fine. ;)

The world according to Mark.

I found the original debate, and seeing how it culminated reminds me of how ridiculous you are:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3840866&postcount=101

So in case anyone's wondering, sending someone socks this Christmas is an insult to them, shows you don't know them well enough and therefore shouldn't have bothered, and you're a bastard for not using that money for charity. TOE SOCKS on the other hand are perfectly fine. ;)

The world according to Mark.

Seems that somebody's been brainwashed into thinking that Christmas is all about buying presents for people. How sad.:rolleyes:

Seems that somebody's been brainwashed into thinking that Christmas is all about buying presents for people. How sad.:rolleyes:

That didn't even make sense. My point is that buying socks (Or any shit gift) is still more thoughtful then doing absolutely nothing, some of us know way too many friends and relatives to spend time with all of them around Christmas, clearly you don't have this problem.

Anyway, seeing as I regularly buy crappy random presents like chocolates, wine etc. because I have a very large family and know quite a lot of my neighbours families, way too many people to know that well so I'll just get them anything to remind them that I still think about them even if we rarely see eachother. I can't say I've bought socks but one of my aunts usually buys me socks and hey, they're fine, I use them, but the important thing is that she still thought of me.

But the thought of opening up a present that someone's gone to the effort of buying, wrapping, sending to me with a card, and just thinking "Wow they don't know me they shouldn't have bothered :dozey:" is just sick, but hey that's your mind, I'll leave you to it.

No doubt with that attitude one day you'll be wishing someone would at least send you socks. :awesome: