✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?

Imke

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

must have been the Iron Maiden album I got by a friend some months ago.....she knew I'd hate it though (I am glad she did haha)

Haha ... a friend got me a CD of the Kastelruther Spatzen once, I don't think I was ever able to throw it away, although I hid it somewhere and I haven't seen it ever since. :uhoh:

I once got a toy coffee machine from my aunt, when I was 14 :blank:

I thanked her politely cause she looked so happy and the thing seemed kinda expensive but in my mind I was like "WTF?", and the worst thing was that like I read happened to some of you, it was a nicely wrapped big box and I was wondering what it might be :awesome:, but it was some toy :disappointed:

Haha ... a friend got me a CD of the Kastelruther Spatzen once, I don't think I was ever able to throw it away, although I hid it somewhere and I haven't seen it ever since. :uhoh:

Well at least it wasn't a Wolfgang Petry CD........................... :rolleyes:

I could never tell someone that I didn't like the gift, it was a gift after all. D: But some things my father gave me were just ... I don't know, almost thoughtless. :uhoh:

Haha for my birthday once, at the time I didn't wear watches (Maybe about 15 years old) I owned a few but just never wore them, my parents specifically asked me if I wanted a watch and I said I'd never wear it, they actually asked a few times to the point where I wasn't shouting but like "I. Dont. Want. A. Watch." to make it clear as possible.

So they got me a watch :awesome: And my mum was like "I know you said you didn't want one but, do you like it?" and this was the one exception to the rule of pretending to still like it. I was actually shocked, my parents aren't idiots or anything, I was like "Did you at least get it before I made it very clear that I didn't want a watch?" and of course they only got it the day before. :facepalm: A real WTF moment, because they didn't really have any explanation for doing it.

There is another example of when I couldn't pretend to like a present because I genuinely thought it was a joke, and it was a girlfriend (Which I think it wouldn't be as bad if it's a family member but she felt like really shit and embarrassed for quite a few days). My birthday, she buys me this red and white plaid cowboy shirt with white buttons and massive gold squiggly writing on the back. I opened it, looked at the front, started laughing because I was sure it was a joke, then I turned it around to the back and saw the huge cheesy writing and I was like in stitches and after about 20 or 30 seconds of laughing (Which is a loooong time if you feel humiliated like she probably did) before I looked up to notice that she was almost crying.

That was some rebuilding process, initially she was mad at me, but I was like, look at my wardrobe! Then she felt embarrassed because although I didn't rub it in, it was pretty thoughtless.

Haha I can't imagine you with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles blanket.

Haha this wasn't like last Christmas, it was 3 Christmases ago. :shifty:

I could never tell someone that I didn't like the gift, it was a gift after all. D: But some things my father gave me were just ... I don't know, almost thoughtless. :uhoh:

my nephew got like a million presents for his birthday a few weeks ago, when he was opening almost the presents he was like "that's boring", "booooo", etc :lol:

Luckily he loved my present and said thanks like a million times :awesome:

^ I got a Hannah Montana blanket, but at the time I asked for it.

I usually don't get presents by surprise, I choose and if we can afford it or we usually have a budget, but if they are by surprise they're usually shirts I didn't like.

OHWAIT, I remember when I was 7 I had a small birthday party with some people from church, and I remember there was this rich old man, so I told all of my friends that I'm sure that, that dude was going to get me something awesome.

But he buys me a wallet.

A wallet.

I'm 7 years old, he's filthy rich and he gives me a freaking wallet.

I sound so spoiled :sad: .. I AM SPOILED :disappointed:

I know this is really bad of me to post this. I really appreciate my friends' kind thoughts in giving me this gift but I didn't like it even at the time when I listened to mainstream music, and I kinda really don't like it now, especially since my music taste changed.

It's a 3 Doors Down self-titled album. :|

I've actually had pretty good pressies over the years. My mum gets heaps of bad gifts though, since she's a Grade 1 and 2 schoolteacher. She gets the regular chocolate/wine/flowers thing (which she doesn't mind), but she's got some truly awful stuff. Like the other day she got this body cream thing that's supposed to smell like pomegranate, but just smells... bad.