✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Christmas Lights sold on Ebay for $200

AnnaElisabeth

yeah, i agree, but i'm pretty sure that also the promos are rare.

Look, nowadays digital broadcasting is used, it's simpler for emi to send an encripted aac fil than to send a physical promo copy.

As i stated before, i'm pretty sure there are 100 of the handwritten ones, and here we already know this.

About the promos, they are not simple promos, if you see there is a written text on the cd, maybe handwritten, or simply printed from an handwritten matrix. ANYWAY, i'm pretty sure this promo will be rarer than a clocks or the scientist or other promo.

It ISN'T the rarest one, introduced by Chris at the radio.

But i'm pretty sure it will be a rare promo, rarer than the strawberry one or other.

It doesn't seems to be industrial, look at the sleeve, and look at the cd with the written text. I can bet on this.

Anyway for what i suppose now, No, do not pay hundreds £ for that one!! we have to wait for knowing more.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one up on Ebay now is already at 32 pounds. Still eleven hours to go on it, I think.

The more we bump these threads the higher it'll go :cry:

Collectors look on here for tips, and feed off the stuff we can't afford to buy :(

No doubt someone will come in with a stupid offer, like the same item from another thread on here, and it'll be taken off ebay and sold for a silly amount considering what it is...

No good for whoever buys it, because it won't be worth what they're paying, and no good for us because yet again the truest fans can't even buy the song (which in some cases they spent freezing hours being a free extra in the video for) in a physical format that would mean the world to them...

:thinking:

The amount might be something like the Strawberry Swing promo... Not many of those in print but still not super rare. :shrug:

(Oh, and can I say I'm super glad I lost the bidding now? I just hope the person who won actually pays because otherwise I'll be the winning bidder... :P)

Yeah, it's like Strawberry Swing promo, it's rare but not super like Safety! :nice:

And If you got it, show us later! I'm curious to see it! :P

I can see where you're coming from, but most serious collectors don't rely upon this forum, or any other, to locate rare goods. Personally built my collection by visiting hundreds of sites daily and Forming relationships with sellers.

The whole physical copy thing...these on eBay look to be radio distribution, not public. Wouldn't be too pissed at the band; they surely have little to do with format distributions.

I can see where you're coming from, but most serious collectors don't rely upon this forum, or any other, to locate rare goods. Personally built my collection by visiting hundreds of sites daily and Forming relationships with sellers.

Of course, but stuff on these forums contributes, doesn't it? If only to, sometimes, be the touchpaper for first contact between a collector and someone who's able to acquire items?

The whole physical copy thing...these on eBay look to be radio distribution, not public. Wouldn't be too pissed at the band; they surely have little to do with format distributions.

Yes they're clearly radio distribution. There's no public release. No-one's pissed at the band, but it's another bit-of-a-balls-up (from many fans' point of view, when a general physical release would be such a treasure) from Coldplay HQ, hope you can understand that.

I think the forum works better as a "be alert" system. Like the Capitol Record Mince Spies promo... Which has a validity so suspicious, I wouldn't spend a penny. I've seen a slew of other items and "heads up" valid postings here, and didn't see an inordinate rise in bids for a particular item. I've generally seen that the people who were going to bid already knew the item was available for sale. The primary bidding war on this copy of the Xmas promo was between a small handful of bidders. The one now has 8 bids; probably some raised bids in there. Sadly, ultimately if you come across something you want, I've found (for better or worse) you're stuck paying for it.

Same thing with me! Forming relationships with sellers. That's why I have a great collection.

I never understood the part of the "copies for radios", for me these things are send digitally... They don't work digitally because of the risk of theft, yes?

yeah, completely agree...