✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

When i met Chris and Guy:)

shanecrofts

Just thought i would share this story (still can't get over how down to earth the band are)

Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining (has a title and everything, oh and its long, sorry)

A few months ago we were asked to perform in Russia which we were over the moon to do, but then we had the news from our agent it had been cancelled, Gutted. 2 weeks ago we received an email to say Russia is back on but this gave us a problem of getting the visas in time, so i decided to go to london Monday 6th Dec to get the visas, it took me around 5hrs 30mins to get there due to weather and bad traffic. I arrived at the Visa place only to be told the applications were not correct and had to be done again! So of i went and drove all the way back to Grimsby to re-do the forms then leave again Tuesday morning, another 5hr drive and i arrived at the embassy and once again turned me away because a letter we had written wasn't worded properly (prety much like this story but you get the jist of it) so feeling very down had to figure a way of correcting the problem because i couldn't face the drive home again. Few hours later came up with an idea and had to return Wednesday morning and on the way to my travelodge tues night i got a call from a friend Ruuk who asked if i wanted to go to the Top Of The Pops gig to see Coldplay because he couldn't make it, i told him it was great news and coincidently was already in London and talked him into going with me:) So next morning finally got sorted with the embassy with great help from Gail, Wayne and James and headed of to the gig but i got lost in London and arrived late, i stood in the line for about 15mins and asked some people if they are looking forward to seeing Coldplay, they looked at me funny and said they were here for Question of Sport! i stood in the wrong line for 15 minutes! eventually getting in the right queue i was told i was on stanby and may not get in, anyways i luckily got in, saw the performance and shook hands with Will (who had a big smile on his face and you could tell was very happy fans had come to see them), Jonny and Chris, missed out on Guy tho:( so after the performance me and Ruuk went for a drink near were his girlfriend lives who happens to also live in the same area as Chris, he showed me were the Coldplay studio was. The next day i remembered were the studio was and instead of going to see Big Ben or Westminster i decided to try my luck and go to Coldplays studio and stood outside for about 3hrs with a guy called Kris who was also there on the chance of meeting them. And to our amazement out walk jonny who was on the phone so we didn't disturb him. Then out walk Guy who saw us waiting and i think he figured we were there to see them and walked towards us i shook his hand and mumbled something, thought it was really nice that he acknowledge us and i wish i had asked for a photo with him but was to nervous to do so (idiot!) Then out walked Chris and straight away made us feel welcome by asking our names and were we are from, i said i was from Grimsby and how much i enjoyed the Christmas Lights performance. He then Said "you have had alot of snow up north and you came here for the BBC gig" I said "not exactly but would feel stupid telling you" he replied grinning "its ok you dont have to tell me" and asked if we would like a picture. Afetr the pic i thought yeah i will tell him why im here and Said "actually the reason i'm here is i am in a Coldplay cover band and we got a gig on saturday in Russia and i have come to London to get some visas" I thought oh no he'll think i'm an idiot, but know he laughed and said "really your not joking" and asked were in Russia we were playing, i told him The Moscow arena he said "wow thats great man" and then asked what the band was called and at this point i felt embarrassed cos nothing sounds better than Coldplay, so i told him and he said "don't be embarrassed its great and good luck with your gig" also spoke a little about Crisis and Make Trade fair how they bring awareness to things i had never heard of, which he said "its something they are passionate about".

So the first few days was a nightmare but turned out to be one of the best weeks of my life. Coldplay are a huge successfull band but yet they are so humble and just very nice people.

Not sure how to post the pic sorry:(

163491_10150137302818018_114293063017_8006952_7620907_n.jpg

Hi

yeah if you could upload the pic that would be great thanks so much:)

and thank you for posting the story in the TOTP thread.

Done! :nice:

I'm happy to see you posting it here, too.

Like I said I found it rather by accident and had no idea if you are a member or not until Kris said so.

You must be reallllllly tall btw. :stunned:

yeah really are some of the nicest people i ever met, also Guy for walking over to us was something i did not expect. Glad you like the story

Thanks for sharing, that was a wonderful experience you'll treasure forever, and you and Chris make a pair of 2 handsome men together!!!!:)

Done! :nice:

I'm happy to see you posting it here, too.

Like I said I found it rather by accident and had no idea if you are a member or not until Kris said so.

Yeah he makes Chris look like an "Christmas Elf" :D Maybe Shane was standing on the high side of the sidewalk:inquisitive: They both are very handsome together tho.:)

Just thought i would share this story (still can't get over how down to earth the band are)

Thank you for sharing your story! :) (nice picture!)

I've seen it with my own eyes, but it always amaze me to hear how genuinely kind Chris is ;)

I tought exactly the same thing :rolleyes: