✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 'Who Else Would I Like?' Thread

A Famous Old Painter

Thanks guys! I have some serious downloading to do now... :D

EDIT: Okay, I've had another listen to Keane; in the vast jumble of mp3s in my Music folder, I found Somewhere Only We Know. And I must say, it's an excellent song! I'm downloading some others now, and I think I might get an album :D

Hurts is sooooo good. :heart:

No, do it now! The National needs you to listen to them. GET TO IT. :whip:

I know, I've really been meaning to. :disappointed:

Do you have any song suggestions (of The National)? :wacko:

Two Door Cinema Club, Foals, Klaxons are some of my favourites a bit like Metric and MGMT :)

Okay, thanks, I'll check them out. :wacko:

More MGMT

Seconded. Their second album is a masterpiece.

I have all the songs from Congratulations and 2 I think from Oracular Spectacular. Then one song from Time to Pretend EP :nice:

Have you heard Thom Yorke's solo work? It's pretty good, too. No, it's not as great as Radiohead, but it's nice. "Analyse" is a great track.

Also, as a side note: The Who >>>>> Oasis.

If you like Keane a lot, you should perhaps try Travis. I don't know a lot about them myself, but from what I've heard of them, they're quite good.

I actually like The Eraser better than In Rainbows

*waits for people to curse me out :P*

I agree with The Who. :heart:

I also love The Guess Who. . . not as well known, but they had some great tracks like American Woman and These Eyes.

I like Travis (not an avid fan, but I have a few of their songs). Probably my favorite is Closer, and I think it's a pretty good example of their style. :nice:

I have all the songs from Congratulations and 2 I think from Oracular Spectacular. Then one song from Time to Pretend EP :nice:

Oracular Spectacular > Congratulations :escaping:

I like Travis (not an avid fan, but I have a few of their songs). Probably my favorite is Closer, and I think it's a pretty good example of their style. :nice:

I used to be a huge fan of Travis, but since I got to know new, young bands I think I've left their songs behind...

But what can I say about Travis is, they produce the sweetest songs ever.

If you like the old Coldplay, mainly in AROBTTH era, you should probably give Travis a listen.

Oracular Spectacular > Congratulations :escaping:

I used to be a huge fan of Travis, but since I got to know new, young bands I think I've left their songs behind...

But what can I say about Travis is, they produce the sweetest songs ever, If you like the old Coldplay, mainly in AROBTTH era, you should probably give Travis a listen.

I know, I need to get the rest of OS. :shame:

And yes, that ^. They're very early-Coldplay-ish

I know, I've really been meaning to. :disappointed:

Do you have any song suggestions (of The National)? :wacko:

I actually like The Eraser better than In Rainbows

*waits for people to curse me out :P*

I agree with The Who. :heart:

I also love The Guess Who. . . not as well known, but they had some great tracks like American Woman and These Eyes.

Start with "High Violet." Yes, the entire album. It is amazing. Then work your way backwards. :nice:

Ha, you would. :tongue:

Yeah, The Guess Who are pretty legit.

Have you heard Thom Yorke's solo work? It's pretty good, too. No, it's not as great as Radiohead, but it's nice. "Analyse" is a great track.

How in the world is "Leaving So Soon?" like "Shiver?" That doesn't make any sense to me at all. :inquisitive:

Also, as a side note: The Who >>>>> Oasis.

If you like Keane a lot, you should perhaps try Travis. I don't know a lot about them myself, but from what I've heard of them, they're quite good.

1. Thom Yorke! Love his album / Atoms for Peace. My recommendations are Cymbal Rush, The Eraser, Skirting on the Surface, and Harrowdown Hill.

2. Okay they're not that similar; I just said that because at the time I was thinking about how both songs have a tone of bitterness towards the lover.

3. I personally like Oasis better, but you could definitely argue that. The Who is a brilliant band.

4. I love Travis. It certainly helps that they have sexy Scottish accents. :wink3:

Oh yeah, most definitely. It's the very first Keane song I heard. It's quite beautiful. "Hopes and Fears" is by far their best album.

Yay! Personally, my favourite is Under the Iron Sea because of all the fairy tale imagery. It's very haunting.

I am limited in new music and bands but love many bands

mmm I love so much keane is as A-ha (he has always modeled his voice on Morten Harket his singer

prefered say in 2002 ) Perfect Symmetry good album

and me have discover keane with the song She Has No Time

A-ha

Coldplay

Travis

U2

Ultravox

Midge Ure

depeche mode

talk talk

Human league

Pet shop boys

the Cure

Jeff Buckley

nirvana

David Bowie

Duran Duran

the Beatles

is bands and singers I listen much

1. Thom Yorke! Love his album / Atoms for Peace. My recommendations are Cymbal Rush, The Eraser, Skirting on the Surface, and Harrowdown Hill.

2. Okay they're not that similar; I just said that because at the time I was thinking about how both songs have a tone of bitterness towards the lover.

3. I personally like Oasis better, but you could definitely argue that. The Who is a brilliant band.

4. I love Travis. It certainly helps that they have sexy Scottish accents. :wink3:

Yay! Personally, my favourite is Under the Iron Sea because of all the fairy tale imagery. It's very haunting.

1. Is there any separate stuff I should know about from Atoms for Peace?

2. Ahhh, I gotcha there. :nice:

3. Well, see, that's the thing. I really don't like Oasis at all. :tongue:

4. Ha, good point. I keep telling myself I'm going to make time for them, but I'm so ADD when it comes to music. I keep forgetting bands and stuff all the time. I shall have them in the back of my mind for sure.

Yeah, "Under the Iron Sea" is a VERY close second for me in terms of Keane. It's really quite beautiful. You're right in the sense that it's haunting; it's quite a bit darker than "Hopes and Fears." Based on that, you'd think I like "Under the Iron Sea" more, since I like darker sounding music. However, for some reason (probably the more extensive use of piano), "Hopes and Fears" wins for me. :tongue:

For those of you who like Keane, you might like Thirteen Senses; I'm having a listen to The Invitation now, and it's great.

PS I've downloaded some Travis and Feist, quite into them now too. Thanks very very much! :D

Alright, I'll look into them as well at some point.

YAY. :cheesy: I'm glad you're really liking Feist. She's quite legit. :nice:

YAY. :cheesy: I'm glad you're really liking Feist. She's quite legit. :nice:

Yeah, she's great. I've only got a couple of her songs at the moment, but I'll download some more (possibly an album or two, as well) in the next couple of days.

Plus, she worked with Kings of Convenience for a couple of songs on my favourite album of theirs, so that automatically makes her awesome xD

And I agree, Hopes and Fears is Keane's best album. I'm listening to Perfect Symmetry at the moment, and it's not exactly the best album out there.

Yeah, and she was also a member of Broken Social Scene at one point. I don't know how you'd feel about that band, as they're a bit more indie in nature, but maybe you should check them out back when she was in it or something.

It's funny you say that about "Perfect Symmetry." I remember being highly disappointed when I first listened to it. It's not so bad now, but it's still my least favorite and, in my opinion, their weakest. I guess I just don't feel that Keane sounds as nice with such an emphasis on synthesizers. :shrug:

Yeah, and she was also a member of Broken Social Scene at one point. I don't know how you'd feel about that band, as they're a bit more indie in nature, but maybe you should check them out back when she was in it or something.

It's funny you say that about "Perfect Symmetry." I remember being highly disappointed when I first listened to it. It's not so bad now, but it's still my least favorite and, in my opinion, their weakest. I guess I just don't feel that Keane sounds as nice with such an emphasis on synthesizers. :shrug:

Okay, I'll check them out too :)

And yeah, I listened to the album again yesterday, and it's not bad... certainly not their best, but not too bad. I was the same with Jack's Mannequin's (another band you might like) album The Glass Passenger. It took me a couple of listens to like it, but now it's one of my favourite albums... Everything in Transit (their other album) is better, though.

Hurts is sooooo good. :heart:

No, do it now! The National needs you to listen to them. GET TO IT. :whip:

Okay, listened to The National. I like them. :nice:

Two Door Cinema Club, Foals, Klaxons are some of my favourites a bit like Metric and MGMT :)

Listened to Two Door Cinema Club (a lot! :P) and I really like Tourist History. :wacky: Some really catchy songs.

And I'm working on getting more Hurts, Mumford and Sons, Gorillaz, and Florence + the Machine music. :wacko:

AM I IN GOOD SHAPE FOR A CAR TRIP? :lol: :P

Okay, listened to The National. I like them. :nice:

Listened to Two Door Cinema Club (a lot! :P) and I really like Tourist History. :wacky: Some really catchy songs.

And I'm working on getting more Hurts, Mumford and Sons, Gorillaz, and Florence + the Machine music. :wacko:

AM I IN GOOD SHAPE FOR A CAR TRIP? :lol: :P

:thumbsup:

RHCP is a difficult band to recommend to people cos no other band sounds anything like them. but i can see how Green Day fans might like them.

yeahh i know..thats why theyre aweesomme..

try the popular songs first like scar tissue, californication, cant stop ETC

..a bit of them have an acquired taste, but you learn to love them

my favourites right now are Wet Sand, Slow Cheetah and Suck my kiss

yeahh i know..thats why theyre aweesomme..

try the popular songs first like scar tissue, californication, cant stop ETC

..a bit of them have an acquired taste, but you learn to love them

my favourites right now are Wet Sand, Slow Cheetah and Suck my kiss

add to that their first big hits like under the bridge and give it away.

but live on stage is where RHCP is at their best.