✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Prezzies i wrap look like the scotch tape and wrapping paper got into a fight

xxKels

Do you wrap the gifts you bought others? Or do you have the store do it ?

Are you any good at making beautiful packages ? I wont be applying to be a gift wrapper at Macy's anytime soon.:cry:

Any tips to make my packages not look like an angry 3 year old wrapped them much appreciated- I still have loads to go yet !

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:\ OK-Im grasping at straws here, I have to deliver 12 presents in about 2 hours here, and I have about enough tape left for 2 gifts- (the first 4 gifts used all the tape up- (well....refer back to thread title)

Anyone want to fly over and help me out ? All the bourbon-laced eggnog you can drink supplied !!!:D ( did i just hear Angie and Christa on their way ? :sneaky:)

Ren ! You good at this ? Who'd a thunk it !

Haha yup! I bought tons of xmas presents for my family and i spent a whole day wrapping them and oputting little bows on it and all ...i feel girly now :disappointed:

One easy way around it is to buy those cute gift bag that are decorated and just put the pressie in it and ta-da! ready! :dance:

I don't do this, but my sister does, she starts of by taping the wrapping paper to the item, so if you cut out a piece of paper take one end and tape it about the middle point on the back, then the other end of the paper fold the edge down only a little bit to give it a clean edge that is not jagged. Then take that side and fold it around the gift, pull a little snug so that the package is neat a crisp, my dad often will then err kind of fold the corners so to make each side crisp, if that makes sense..? The ends are often challenging, so the best idea is to make sure you don't have a ton of paper left on either side, if you have too much, trim it down a bit, then like an envelope fold the ends to make right degree triangles.. then with the middle section fold the tip a bit to create a neat edge, then fold up and tape. Good luck, that's the best I can do with explaining it with words, it would be much easier to show you a video.

Just had a look on youtube, this is cool!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn6zdyCAwJs]YouTube - Furoshiki gift wrapping[/ame]

Here's some help for wrapping with paper:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh1GBPeyyMo]YouTube - Swiss gift packing[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M50GBFVFdsU]YouTube - VIDEO: Gift wrapping tips[/ame]

Hope that helps!

Good luck :)

The bow on the second video is genius :awesome: ! I'll try it when I'll wrap my presents :wacky:!

The 3rd one is really basic though, I'm sure you can compete with that one Julia :p!

I did a job where all I had to do was wrapping presents in a toys shop so I'm quite good and quick at it now :).

I always used the gift bags, but the fam Im dropping these off to are a bit ermmm....:snobby:.....so they have to be Martha Stewart level or I`ll be laughed out of the party.:\

Post the vid Julia!

And thanks, Kjones- that helps I think !

And leave it to Anna to pull a few vids out of her bag of tricks, lol...thankies.

Is it New Years YET ??