✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2011 Albums Worth Listening To

The Escapist

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just asking this out of curiosity, to the people who are naming James Blake's album as one of their favourites, what exactly about the album is it? I listened to it (only once, so perhaps I need to listen more) and found myself struggling to get through it.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just asking this out of curiosity, to the people who are naming James Blake's album as one of their favourites, what exactly about the album is it? I listened to it (only once, so perhaps I need to listen more) and found myself struggling to get through it.

James Blake album is the worst I've heard this year.

I'm not sure about albums this year eh. The best releases this year have been singles and EP's (Street Halo - Burial, Burial/Four Tet/Thom Yorke and Another Girl - Jacques Greene)

hmmmm

I actually really like it. :uhoh:

his ep's were so nice but now he's hip :(

What is that even supposed to mean? :wtf:

That's cool :nice:

... but why? :P

Well, to me, it sounds very chill, which is something (particularly right now) that I appreciate. :nice:

• 2 weeks later...

i enjoyed the james blake album but i just thought he took the whole minimalism thing a bit too far.

madly in love with the new Lykke Li album.

i have listened to the leaks of Battles and Fleet Foxes a few times each but i think i'll reserve my judgement until they get their general release. i find it easier to listen to an album after i read a few reactions to it so i know what to listen out for.