✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2011 Albums Worth Listening To

The Escapist

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just downloaded Death Cab For Cutie's new album (it leaked) but the first song was so long and boring that I decided I won't listen to it yet :lol:

WHAT IT LEAKED?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFK

according to a few blogs it leaked a while ago. i would download it if i wasn't already so overwhelmed with new music.

This. I can't even remember trying to keep up with this much new music last year. I've got about 20 albums on rotation at the moment but there is still another 10 releases that I should probably look into. I did get around to listening to Elbow's new album yesterday. It was good but was much like their older stuff, with a slightly different spin. I might listen to it again.

let's get clear. The best album so far is R.E.M.'s Collapse into Now.

Other picks are: Adele's 21; White Lies's Ritual; Radiohead's The King of Limbs; Elbow's Build A Rocket Boys!; Noah & The Whale's Last Night on Earth; The Strokes's Angles and The Vaccines's What Did You Expect from the Vaccines?

^I saw your username and thought you were Bryce. Then read what you said, and realized Bryce is smarter than that :P

Hahahaha. Nice one Briggins. I don't know about the best albums so far are but the ones I've enjoyed the most are:

Braids - Native Speaker

Cut Copy - Zonoscope

James Blake - S/T

Radiohead

The Strokes - Angles

and probably Destroyer - Kaputt as well.

And I still need to listen to Lykke Li, Toro y Moi and Explosions in the Sky properly.

does anybody here like Rise Against? i wouldnt call myself a fan but i saw them last year and i've taken a fleeting interest in them since. their new album is far more accessible than their past work and actually sounds quite decent. punk music isn't quite what it used to be but these guys are doing a good job at keeping it alive to some degree.

Hahahaha. Nice one Briggins. I don't know about the best albums so far are but the ones I've enjoyed the most are:

Braids - Native Speaker

Cut Copy - Zonoscope

James Blake - S/T

Radiohead

The Strokes - Angles

and probably Destroyer - Kaputt as well.

And I still need to listen to Lykke Li, Toro y Moi and Explosions in the Sky properly.

Good to see some Destroyer love.

does anybody here like Rise Against? i wouldnt call myself a fan but i saw them last year and i've taken a fleeting interest in them since. their new album is far more accessible than their past work and actually sounds quite decent. punk music isn't quite what it used to be but these guys are doing a good job at keeping it alive to some degree.

I used to listen to them periodically. I generally don't listen to them so much now (mostly because I've found punk isn't really my cup of tea), but I've been known to take an occasional listen every now and again. "Hero of War" is one of the saddest songs I've ever heard.