✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Member of the Month!!

SueDeNimes

May 2012

Our competition has ended and we have a winner!

Congrats to phantoneku for being the champion of Pappas Pizza and therefore becoming MOTM in the Month Of May, in the Month Of May!

We'd also like to inform you that our beloved and addictive Arcade is back for the joy of all our gamers out there! :D

We'll be adding new games soon so if you have any request please let us know in the Arcade thread.

Just realised the Arcade Fire reference... :awesome:

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

In the final days of my MOTM reign, I'd just like to thank the coldplaying.com staff for letting me be MOTM (even if it was in contest pretenses and I kinda wish I got the status for doing something much greater (in true MOTM fashion)), and for keeping this magnificent site up and running very smoothly! If it wasn't for my status (maybe) I wouldn't have met so many diverse and fun people here in the forums! Thanks again, and see you all around the site! :)

I hope this isn't a personal attack or anything... :confused:

Her comment had nothing to do with you. If it did, she would have made that clear. She was merely asking how winning a game merits earning the MOTM title, given how we were told at the beginning that this title was given to people who have made outstanding contributions to the forum.

I think it was intended as a way of celebrating the arcade being back. Even if it wasn't in full accordance with the initial guidelines of becoming MOTM, I think it was a good thing, since the arcade seems to play an important part of the forum (I say 'seems' just because I don't visit it myself, so I'm presuming its relevance) and, besides, it seems to have helped phantoneku to be more integrated here. Even if the original criteria wasn't 100% met, if the forum was somehow improved because a member felt more at home and people could have some fun trying to become a MOTM while being reminded that the arcade is back, I think it's a good outcome.

"...people could have some fun trying to become a MOTM..."

That's exactly why some people have an issue with this. Members of the Month haven't been elected in the past because they were TRYING to become one. They were chosen because they, out of the goodness of their heart, gave something to this forum and, in turn, made a difference. If you make a coveted title like that something you can just win by doing something, not only does the award lose its meaning, but it spreads the wrong message about what it represents.

I'm not trying to argue against the decision that was made to have this competition, nor am I talking down phantoneku for winning it. I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm just trying to explain why some people didn't like the idea.

Her comment had nothing to do with you. If it did, she would have made that clear. She was merely asking how winning a game merits earning the MOTM title, given how we were told at the beginning that this title was given to people who have made outstanding contributions to the forum.

well you never really know, I don't see it this way after reading the recent posts, but some people may see it otherwise...

I do see and understand how the MOTM status could have been tarnished for making it a competition. The "outstanding" criteria can be seen from different angles, from doing outstanding things to make the site a better place, to doing something outstanding out of the rest of the community, which is how I see what I did... like placing 1st in a sport for example.

My opinion is that the admins could do this once in a while, but credit those who deserve it from true hard work, >90% of the time...

Hi guys, we're really sorry about the delay!! :embarrassed:

About the discussions above...

It is like suzanafg assumed: Offering to become a MOTM by winning the game was indeed the best way we could imagine to announce that the arcade is back.

I don't see anything wrong with that!

Yes of course, the original purpose of the title is to honour contributions to the site but I don't think it's a big deal that we've made an exception here.

Most people became aware of the re-start and phantoneku had a nice welcome into the community! :nice:

Congratulations, Ellen!