✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Facebook

bart

Facebook I seen being banned in certain countries in the world.

With other goverments looking on to see how it goes.

Recently with the ousting of the goverment in Tunisia and protests in Yemen, Alegria and Eygpt.. all these protests are being orgainsed by groups on such sites.

Hard to imagine we are living in a age wheras social network sites can bring down the world, it would not supraise me if a war started over comments on sites in the end.

Well, really Facebook and other social networking sites are a simple means of public organization that is still young. The potential of such networks and their footprint on global politics seems infinite.

Im sure that Egypt caved in and again allowed the tweets and FBookers to carry on after Hilary Clinton called for the government to do so.

But as said before, social networks are just an extension of the groups voices, a way to share news and organize protests, but not the actual cause of the uprisings.

Not sure what is happening in Yemen today or if their gov. will cave also.

blocking Facebook and twitter will not stop people if there is a revolution/rebellion going on ....

then government should block internet otherwise there always will be some kind of social network/ forum for organizing crimes and raising protest

Yes, but it will invariably be slowed down and less people will show.

You don't need to have an internet for being terorist or something like that.

I thought this was protesters :inquisitive:

all i know about criminals in that case, is that for Egypt is said the goverment free some political prisioners and those are making it hard for international press to inform about what's going on there, as they get insulted, banned and so.... but from that, sentence that there are terrorist behind it.. :confused:

it doesn't surprise me all those revolutions, was going to happen some day i guess, all i hope it goes for good, won't be coherent to go to riot the streets asking for democracy and end accepting some undemocratic way of goverment, although theorically if it is accepted by majority of the people then there's nothing to complain/blame i guess.

Most of the protests that took place in my country this week were organised on facebook, and i agree banning social networking sites will just make things worse as the protesters who already have reasons to go to the streets will not be more peaceful if there has been attempts to silence them...

^ nah, it's a thin line between the protester and terorist

what:shocked2:? no not true. I have taken part in some protests before and i can assure you, i don't intend to blow myself up or kill anyone in the name of anything.