✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[28-June-2011] Coldplay @ 'Where The Action Is' festival, Gothenburg, Sweden

Rodan

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same setlist but you can feel the magic of Glasto is missing...I should not even think of a comparison, but i can't help it.

Politik...my fave for the melody, all the instruments play such an important role in giving different emotions...wow

I like how they seem much more at ease during this gig compared to Glasto... Much smaller crowd and pressure now that it isn't widely broadcast all over the world. You can see them be much more relaxed and having much more interaction with the crowd. Loving it!

I always find them best when there's pressure on them to put in a special performance. That edge seems to drive Chris, and he's the ringleader of course. They didn't (and / or couldn't) work the crowd for The Scientist and ENL tonight, but then, while it was a great version of ENL, they didn't even try at the end there.

Considering the scale and importance of the gig, I think Glastonbury will go down as one of their greatest ever performances (it was certainly the best performance I've ever seen or heard from them) - and if it's ever beaten it'll only be at Glastonbury, and I'll be very very surprised. All imvho :)

<edit> They just neglected the end of Viva too - they should really be milking these moments I reckon. The crowd were well up for a big singalong!