✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Should I get a motorcycle?

Matter-Eater Lad

I think my car might finally die this year.. I've drven the hell out of it. Contemplating saving up a few thousand and getting a used bike if it does...have a friend who works at a dealership who can hook me up.

Only main bad thing I can think of is the summer...I sweat walking to my car...I've been told though even with the horrible heat when you get going the wind is enough to cool down...but ehh..I'd to sweat everywhere I went if that wasn't true.

Yes you should get one, but not one of those shitty Harleys that Americans are fond of, get a proper bike if you're going to do it.

I hate harleys

It will probably suck when it rains

Good point.

And given that you've put only one "yes" voting option, and then three that are some form of "no"... I think you've already answered your own question.

The cons outweigh the pros for sure but I really want a bike.

Keep a car for when the weather turns bad & for went you need a car to cart stuff around.

This.

But if you do get one, just be really careful. :uhoh: I saw the worst accident over the summer, it was on a highway and a motorcycle was hit. . . it was awful his blood was covering the road. :bigcry:

Got my M two years ago. My car is still my primary mode of transportation, but when the weather is nice, I take the bike into work. I wear full face helmet, padded jacket, jeans, boots, gloves every time I ride. Even on the hot days, my helmet and jacket breathe well, once I get to 30+ mph.

Personally I really enjoy it; riding calms me.

I HIGHLY recommend taking an MSF certified course before making the commitment. And it'll give you insurance discounts, sometimes discounts on gear.

If it means anything, i ride a Suzuki 650. Nice reliable bike.

Good luck!

Got my M two years ago. My car is still my primary mode of transportation, but when the weather is nice, I take the bike into work. I wear full face helmet, padded jacket, jeans, boots, gloves every time I ride. Even on the hot days, my helmet and jacket breathe well, once I get to 30+ mph.

Personally I really enjoy it; riding calms me.

I HIGHLY recommend taking an MSF certified course before making the commitment. And it'll give you insurance discounts, sometimes discounts on gear.

If it means anything, i ride a Suzuki 650. Nice reliable bike.

Good luck!

I've got my Bike Licence but I haven't got a bike yet, I'm kind of worried about being able to touch the floor, I know I can ride a bike pretty well because I learned when I was young, my dad encouraged me.

Nick I think you should get one of these:

ducati-1198-superbike.jpg

Yamaha_YZF-R1_2011_Black_1.jpg

The R1 looks gorgeous, I'm giving serious thought to getting an R6 next year.

well a motor bike is really cool and yes its way more economical than a car but with everything they are good and bad sides and a motorbike can be very dangerous.

My boyfriend has one and i'm constantly scared he's gonna end up dead some day. It just scares me.

It depends on how confident you feel about being so exposed and vulnerable with nothing around you but the wind . If you are adventerous and like the thrill of being on a bike then I'd say go for it , you only live once, but make sure you get all the protective gear and always wear your helmet and be careful, I'm sure you'd be fine.

I'm 5'4" and not that much over 100 lbs, so size is an issue for me, still I doubt I will ever take the plunge and get a bike, or at least not for quite a while.

If/when you opt to take the plunge, I'm 5'3", 104. Found a handful of bikes that fit pretty well. Went with the Boulevard 650, because I can easily plant my feet, felt comfortable and its a lighter bike (350lb), so on a few occasions I may have hypothetically dropped it, I had no trouble lifting it and getting back on track. The Buell Blast was a good size, and a couple Yamahas fit, but I like the Boulevard the best.

sit on as many as possible, and you'll eventually find the right one, but when your ready, if the day comes. :-)

If anyone has a bike or is thinking of riding, these are expensive, but pretty sweet:

http://www.bikebone.com/page/BBSC/CTGY/AT

I have one of the vests, wear it if in planning on spending time in busier areas. There are a fee news reports out there where these definitely saved lives.

One guy was going about 65mph on an expressway, when he was struck by a car and ejected. Was wearing a full face, gloves and one of these jackets. Walked away with a broken arm.

If/when you opt to take the plunge, I'm 5'3", 104. Found a handful of bikes that fit pretty well. Went with the Boulevard 650, because I can easily plant my feet, felt comfortable and its a lighter bike (350lb), so on a few occasions I may have hypothetically dropped it, I had no trouble lifting it and getting back on track. The Buell Blast was a good size, and a couple Yamahas fit, but I like the Boulevard the best.

sit on as many as possible, and you'll eventually find the right one, but when your ready, if the day comes. :-)

I will get one in a year or 2, I have the Licence and I used to do dirt biking so I've got no problem riding one, I think when I do I would probably go for a Yamaha R6, I really like out and out sport bikes best.