✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-June-2011] Coldplay @ Heineken Jammin' Festival, San Giuliano Park, Venice, Italy

busybeeburns

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quindi la penultima a destra, son contenta per te :nice:

Io ero più a sinistra, mi sa che si vede solo un pezzo dei capelli, però nonostante fossi in seconda fila Will ha letto il cartello che avevo fatto e s'è messo a ridere, credo che non mi sopportino più con i miei continui riferimenti a Crests of Waves :laugh3:

Hallo again,

I arrived home today, a bit tired but happy.

It still feels a bit surreal to see them live, even if it was for a third time for me.

I loved that they played Life is for living, I loved the new songs and I enjoyed ETIAW much more live than recorded.

But I was expecting them to come back for the second encore, I wasn't prepared for the concert to end after the first one, so I was left a bit dissappointed. I agree with Denise, that it seemed like they were looking at the clock. And it felt like they were less personally involved. But maybe that was only my impression after seeing them in Liverpool, which can't be compared, of course.

I was also dissappointed by the people around me, who were chatting, phoning and taking pictures of themselves all the time. Especially during the more quiet songs, like Us Against the World, I could hear the people talking and not the music. And I was not so far away from the stage.

Nevermind, I'm happy to have been there, especially because I won't be able to travel for quite a long time again.

And I didn't take any pictures or videos and concentrated only on the show, so thanks everyone for yours!

Awww I'm happy everything went well with the trip in the end, and that you enjoyed the gig after all :hug:

The fact that you have my same feeling is making me really think that maybe I was not that wrong after all :/

And the fact they played a song more tonight while on thursday they basically rushed the last songs to get away is really disappointing, I don't think we were less deserving, but yeah, nothing we can do about it after all :uneasy:

Sorry to hear that it was a bit disappointing :uneasy:

Dont be sad! In Nürnberg they also played one song less than on the other days..

I wouldnt want to change with any other gig though!!..

It s just. . everything happens so fast whether it lasts 17 or 18 songs.

Well, to be true i also was a little sad the next days so why do i tell you not to be sad :shrug:

Thank you Denise for the beautiful pictures again! Do you still have more to come?:)

Awww I'm happy everything went well with the trip in the end, and that you enjoyed the gig after all :hug:

The fact that you have my same feeling is making me really think that maybe I was not that wrong after all :/

And the fact they played a song more tonight while on thursday they basically rushed the last songs to get away is really disappointing, I don't think we were less deserving, but yeah, nothing we can do about it after all :uneasy:

Thanks Denise, one more time, for all your helpful information!

Maybe we were spoilt by the intimate Christmas gig, which can't be topped by anything.

My friends enjoyed the Venice gig very much, which makes me happy, because they are not such crazy fans and they wouldn't go without me.

Has anyone recorded or found a good video of Us Against the World? I found only one so far and not complete.

Haven't found any so far, but I know there's a guy who recorded everything and is searching for other video sources to make a multicam DVD, hope he succeeds :nice:

Sorry to hear that it was a bit disappointing :uneasy:

Dont be sad! In Nürnberg they also played one song less than on the other days..

I wouldnt want to change with any other gig though!!..

It s just. . everything happens so fast whether it lasts 17 or 18 songs.

Well, to be true i also was a little sad the next days so why do i tell you not to be sad :shrug:

Thank you Denise for the beautiful pictures again! Do you still have more to come?:)

I would change it, it was not really the best gig of theirs I've been to, again not from the music point of you, because technical perfection in a gig is not really what I'm looking for. If I think back of the first time I saw them in Verona nearly 6 years ago, that can't just compare, I still have vivid in my eyes Chris running up the arena stairs, sit on top of them and look at us singing In My Place. The other night it looked like everything was super polished to the detriment of spontaneity. There were a lot of people coming from all over Italy, who passed the night before on a train, and for whom it was a real odyssey or pilgrimage, not to mention the money and time they had to spend to travel from the likes of Sicily or Puglia (South of Italy), which are not that much closer to Venice than London is. The fact they had to rush away was not really respectful tbh, if they really have to arrive, do their homework and then go away without even say bye, then the only reason I'm going to see them again live is for my friends company, I really hope Main Square Festival and BBK in Bilbao change my mind.

Just to make a comparison, We Are Scientists seemed to me a lot more happy to be there, and were quite surprised by the audience reaction, and don't even get me started on Pearl Jam last year in the same place (I don't even know many of their songs but they basically blew me away, they put so much passion in every song, it's one of the best gigs I've ever been to).

I might be over reacting, and it might probably be due, as I said before, to the fact that I had high expectations for a gig in my hometwon, but yeah if this is what I feel I don't have a problem to let it out :)

And Markus, here's some other pics, don't have many more and they're not that good

254497_10150200900036179_627276178_7518604_587398_n.jpg

254590_10150200915666179_627276178_7518770_4194922_n.jpg

251282_10150200787726179_627276178_7517307_7084671_n.jpg

254432_10150200791986179_627276178_7517345_6864462_n.jpg

251238_10150200916981179_627276178_7518783_1716829_n.jpg

Hi guys! I'm a bit late but I was busy... anyway, it was a great show!! Too short (just 1h and 20 min - 17 songs!) but great! great!!

It has already been written a lot, so ... what else? I love all the new songs, even ETIAW - when chris sings it live it's adrenalinic! - The intro + Hurts like heaven is fantastic, I can't stop watching the video on youtube! and sing it!! Even Charlie Bronw deserve lot of appreciation!!!

It was fantastic to listen both to Life is for living and "that" version of GPASUYF (it rocks!!!)!

As I arrived in the afternoon I wasn't next to the stage, but I took some pics from the "big screen" .. I think one of them is pretty, so I just want to share:

ChrisMartin@HJF_2011

PS: hope to see them again live soon!!! in the meanwhile I wait for the new album!

Hello everyone! ^ I'm late too, because I came back home today after a little "tour" around Venice :P Nice pic!

Anyway, I will only say that as my first Coldplay concert I really had a great time, but since I can't compare it to any other, I can't even say how the band really felt... They played and sang perfectly, insted of the Rock am Ring show, for example, so I was pretty happy for it! Sadly, I arrived quite late, it was 5.30 pm, so I didn't manage to get close to the stage as I wished, but thanks to the big screens I saw, more or less, the band... The lights were amazing, the balls too, luckily it didn't rain as it had been expected to (yay! :dance:) and it wasn't even too hot, so it wasn't hard to stand in the middle of the crowd for 6 hours. I loved all the songs, the new ones are wonderful, all of them! The best moments were God Put A Smile Upon Your Face, Politik, Life Is For Living and Fix You... I sang continuously, many didn't even remember the title of Life Is For Living! Actually I didn't sing a lot during this one because... I needed to contemplate it, especially the astounding ending! I couldn't believe I was attending such a beyond-the-universe performance! Neither I can now! Time flew away too fast, when it finished I felt like I hadn't truly lived it... Although I even filmed some songs (awful videos, the audio is terrible)! A nice moment was during Yellow, everyone was singing so loud the... second stanza? Well, Chris didn't sing and just confirmed it: "Yes!", and smiled :D It reminded me an interview where they said that Italians are sing soooo much during their shows, differently from Japanese who usually remain quiet :P As I've already said, I can't judge how it exactly was, but it seemed a great show to me, although maybe the band were a little in a hurry... Let's wait for the LP5 tour! Guys, come back to Italy soon!

As regarding to the organization, it was awful... If I had a lot of trouble in arriving there not too late, the lack of parking lots only worsened the situation... And I saw one bus only prearranged for the festival... But in the end, it was still a great experience to go there! :nice:

Edit: I strangely didn't cry, maybe because I couldn't see them very well... But I often felt shivers down my spine and had glistening eyes, and I remember at the first chorus of In My Place a shed an only tear because the lyrics "How long must you wait for it?" reminded me of those 3 years I had to wait before seeing them... And other personal stuff too :blush:

You always need to have your eyes open when in Venice during the festival as most of the bands stay here and visit the city and they can easily go unnoticed among the tourists, but I saw two members of Linkin Park three years ago (lucky me eh :P) and a friend of mine met Steven Tyler last year :)

According to the guy who met him he was with his wife, how romantic :wacky:

He was the smartest of the four :nod:

Hi guys! I've been late as well, but I was there...so close to the stage...and it was IMHO one of the best concerts I had to feel in my bones! <3 I also loved the light effects (especially the multicolored little man running and/or walking) and how Chris played the piano. ETIAW was so...darn, I can't describe how it was. I felt like my skin was becoming hedgehog spines!