✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-June-2011] Coldplay @ Heineken Jammin' Festival, San Giuliano Park, Venice, Italy

busybeeburns

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really need to start working this morning, I will hopefully write more when I get home and post some pics as well (though I'm really not sure if they're worth posting, it was almost impossible to take any as I was pushed from basically everywhere, not in a bad way, but if you can't stay firm with the arm you get a blurred pictures fest :P).

Just reading around tough, as much as the people really enjoyed the gig, almost everyone was let down by how they didn't even say goodbye at the end. I've read the blog and I saw it was just because they had to catch the flight, but 99,9% of the people there didn't, so I can totally understand how they tought the band was coming back again, especially because we stayed there for other 5 minutes trying to calling them back even when the lights were already switched on and the roadies were on already on stage. I was in the second row and saw Chris taking a mic and say something just when he was going away but the sound was switched off and no one heard anything, not even us there in the front, so yeah it was a bit of a meh moment to end the gig like this :\

Leave you with some pics from here and a short video from here :)

Well, just woke up after a bunch of sleeping hours. My feet are broken... too much time standing in the very first rows could be sadly painful! But I was waiting for that concert as much as I could bear!

The gig was amazing, Chris' voice seemed better than the two festivals in Germany, and there was a sense of knowing-more-than-before-about-how-to-perform-the-new-songs.

I was surprised to hear a lot of Italian fans singing the new songs, especially HLH and Charlie Brown.

Will's performance was literally terrific, but Jonny Buckland's one was the best one ever heard by him.

I think the new songs are so good as performed live, but Charlie Brown is still my favourite, and it seems the band is agreed also: they plat it with more energy than the others.

Great renditions of GPASUYF (even if Chris' intro has to be rediscussed because it doesn't really fit), Politik, Cemeteries Of London, In My Place and Lost! were probably played in a slower way that the past.

But hearing Life Is For Living was the most sensational experience of the night!

Very very good show, one of the best I've seen so far and surely in the TOP 5 of the shows performed in Italy. I fell in love with Charlie Brown, it's marvellous, even if Major Minus has the most terrific impact since 3 or 4 years for a Coldplay show.

Just a complaint: no greeting from the band at the very end of the gig, but then I've read with Denise they had to reach the airport quickly, so... I forgive them! :)

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUMZgmARGng]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - Live‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTBL_gC-OZ0]YouTube - ‪Coldplay-Every teardrop is a waterfall-live Heineken jammin festival 09-06-2011‬‏[/ame]