✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[10-July-2011] Coldplay @ Oxegen festival, Ireland

squibby92

i'm pissed over it too, it was a brilliant combination of coldplay and the strokes. It's because it's Beyonce and how popular she is in Ireland is why the strokes got moved to friday. If the strokes are on the main stage though before the script and black eyed peas i'll be fuming, two poppy overrated groups being put first over the strokes would be pathetic. At least Coldplay are still closing the festival though

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that sounds about right, the second biggest stage is the Vodafone stage, which is the stage the Black Eyed Peas were on last year. It's silly really that they brought them back a second year running (especially since they're crap)

well i'm going with Chelsea but FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK they moved The Strokes to friday :furious: now we have to move our flights and get friday tickets as well UGH sucks so bad :(

they announced the days now though...people are saying that The Strokes will probably headline the second stage but..that would mean that The National would alsdo probs headline second stage on sunday? which would SUCK so fucking bad (sorry my language i'm just pissed off at this festival..) I dunno...i just really want The National to play the main stage and The Strokes to play the second stage

If I were you i'd sell your ticket and just get a 3 day camping ticket instead, you'd save more money that way

you could try ebay or the oxegen.ie forum maybe? and also oxegen donate any tents left behind to charity apparently. I don't blame you though. problem with Ireland is that they seem to prioritise R&B and that kind of stuff over all over types of music. Back in March Mumford & Sons were playing in Cork and it wasn't advertised around the city at all, I didn't find out till the day before and it was sold out by then. Then a few years back N-Dubz were playing and there were posters for it everywhere. They either prefer that stuff over everything else or they seem to think there best selling point is towards young teens and girls……

I feel for you man ha, but one thing about the Mumford gig in Cork was that it was announced on the bands website about a month before the date and they are very popular here in Ireland so that's what I didn't get like how they never advertised it and The Savoy (where all the 'big' acts would perform in Cork) normally does a good job publicising up coming gigs and stuff. Never mind though

I'm going on Friday & Sunday now, for The Strokes and Coldplay. If I had known The Strokes were going to change the day they were playing from Sunday to Friday, I would just have gotten a whole weekend ticket, but...urgh. I blame Blink-182 for dropping out and Beyonce for taking The Strokes' place on Sunday, haha :P. Now I just need everything to pull through for Jo!

Despite the additional, unexpected expense...I'M SEEING BOTH MY FAVORITE BANDS OF ALL TIME IN THE SAME WEEKEND :bigcry:

• 1 month later...
I'm going on Friday & Sunday now, for The Strokes and Coldplay. If I had known The Strokes were going to change the day they were playing from Sunday to Friday, I would just have gotten a whole weekend ticket, but...urgh. I blame Blink-182 for dropping out and Beyonce for taking The Strokes' place on Sunday, haha :P. Now I just need everything to pull through for Jo!

Despite the additional, unexpected expense...I'M SEEING BOTH MY FAVORITE BANDS OF ALL TIME IN THE SAME WEEKEND :bigcry:

it's going to be awesome! i've already planned out the bands i'm making an effort to see. Got my tent last week so all i need now is my alcohol and for Oxegen to release the stages and times :D

My friend who has gone to Oxegen said that they don't release the stage times until you're AT the festival so you sort of have to buy this guide with the stage times..I think it sucks cos you can't really plan ahead on who you're gonna see etc. I just want to know if The National will play the same stage as Coldplay...and which stage The Strokes play at..WELL anyways, just a bit over 2 weeks to go now! :awesome:

your mate is wrong, they released it all with about 2 weeks before the festival last year along with a free app for the iphone/itouch. They also said today that they'll be releasing allocated stages and stage times early next week :D

I'm going now too btw, just thought I'd erm, mention (or boast) that in here! :-)

If the set stays as it is right now I'll be wetting myeself! :o

ENL and Life is for Living?! Jesus, never thought I'd see the day, seriously! :D

i know i've been saying it for months that they should put everything's not lost in. Then life is living sounds awesome live. cannot wait for it now also can't wait to hear shiver live for the first time. Basically i can't wait to see Coldplay again haha

Everything's Not Lost is one of my least favourite CP songs...:uhoh: and I don't like Shiver very much either haha I don't really like the setlist that much but oh well it'll be amazing anyways! Charlie Brown is the one that I'm looking forward to the most and Life Is For Living will be amazing! :wacky:

Really :O Shiver and Everything's Not Lost are my two favourite Coldplay tracks. Charlie Brown and Hurts Like Heaven are the two new songs i'm most pumped for.

Oxegen have just released the stage times too and the app for the iPhone/iTouch

oxegenlineup_large.jpg

yeah, i'm more pissed about the saturday timings, Foo fighters and Deadmau5 are clashing and on friday I'll miss the end of The Strokes set to see Noah And The Whale. I think they could've arranged it better but never mind, just a week and a day away now :D

well by the looks of it we'd only miss about 10-15 minutes of the strokes, plus last year i thought it relatively easy to get in and out of crowds when i saw an act except for when i saw florence and the machine and i asked to be lifted over the barrier haha

i think the strokes will get a bigger crowd than whoever's on the main stage though. Because we all know that they should be there anyway. Also with Jessie J pulling out there's a time slot needed to be filled, I wonder could it be them???

Oh yay, I'm not the only Irish person here :P :D

I wish I could be going to this year, but I'm too young so I can't. Hopefully next year, but definitely the year after. They were outstanding at Glastonbury, so hopefully they can make us Irish proud next week!! ;)

i'm sure they will, after watching them again from the festival they played last night they seemed better than the performance at glasto. can't wait! this time next week beyonce will be nearly finished her set and then coldplay will finish of an awesome weekend :D

Last year the only coverage of the festival on tv was an half an hour show on the british channel 4 (which didn't do the festival any justice). Anyway RTE's 2FM are doing a lot of coverage this year, radio, web and sharing the live coverage with other european radio stations. Here's the link about it, hope it helps for finding a live stream or broadcast of next week for those interested :)