✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[10-July-2011] Coldplay @ Oxegen festival, Ireland

squibby92

OXEGEN80LOGO.jpg

Coldplay to close this year's Oxegen

March 8, 2011 8:00 pm

Irish festival show announced for July 10

news_line.png

Good evening. We have another festival show to tell you about - on Sunday July 10th, Coldplay will close the main stage at this year's Oxegen Festival. Tickets have just gone on sale via ticketmaster.ie. For more information on the festival, head over to oxegen.ie.

This brings the number of confirmed 2011 festival shows to 15. Click here to see the full list.

Anchorman

poster-2010.jpg

------------------------------------

It's one of the many names being thrown around since arctic monkeys and foo fighters are the only headline acts announced so far meaning blink 182 are probably going to be on before one of them. Does anyone know anything or have a better insight for the line up? Really hoping Coldplay will be there :D

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulp, Coldplay for Oxegen?

coldplay.jpg

Pulp, Coldplay for Oxegen?

The very minute we heard they'd be hitting the festival circuit this summer we figured Pulp would play Oxegen, but now that they've been confirmed for Scottish sister festival T in the Park, it's seems a sure-fire certainty. I said seems. Don't quote me if it never happens.

Meanwhile Coldplay have also been confirmed for the Scottish shindig, which also takes place from July 8th to 10th. The Arctics have already been confirmed for Oxegen, so fingers crossed there'll be an announcment confirming Chris Martin and co. for Punchestown soon enough.

A recently announced line up also has the likes of Bright Eyes, Weezer, The Script and Blondie hitting T in the Park, all of which seem likely for Oxegen too.

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Pulp-Coldplay-for-Oxegen/62693.htm

Guest kmm1482

There's a county fair near me I'm crossing my fingers for! Lol

ENOUGH OF THE FESTIVAL NEWS!! I can't go to ANY of them!!! GIVE US LP5 NEWS!!!!

There's a county fair near me I'm crossing my fingers for! Lol

ENOUGH OF THE FESTIVAL NEWS!! I can't go to ANY of them!!! GIVE US LP5 NEWS!!!!

Im sooooo with you! It's getting crazy, they basically are headlining every major festival, and yet not told us any solid LP5 news!

• 2 weeks later...

Foo Fighters, Coldplay, the Strokes Arctic Monkeys, Blink 182, Paolo Nutini, Swedish House Mafia, Two Door Cinema Club, Black Eyed Peas, Tinnie Tempah, The Script, The Vaccines, Beady Eye, Plan B, The Minutes, deadmau5, the National, Beady Eye, My Chemical Romance, Weezer, Pendulum, Primal Scream, Bright Eyes, Imelda May, Eels, Bruno Mars, Jessie J, Calvin Harris, Jimmy Eat World, Friendly Fires, Crystal Castles, House of Pain, Chase and Status, All Time Low, Noah and the Whale, Fight Like Apes

That's all of them so far, it looks so awesome it's one of the best festival line ups for this year i've seen so far

I'M GOING.

I just bought my Sunday-only pass.

The reason I had to go was because The Strokes AND Coldplay are headlining the same day, the SAME STAGE. The Strokes will basically be opening for Coldplay, and I am just as nutso about The Strokes as I am about Coldplay, even moreso lately given the fact that they're releasing a new album and Coldplay's been quiet.

It was like a sign from the universe for me, not only that they were both playing the same festival, but that they were both playing the same festival on the same stage on the same day. I'm still in shock. I've been doing this all night: :bigcry:

OK, needed to get that out of my system :lol:. Who else is going?

i'm definitely going, just have to sell basically all my stuff probably including myself haha foo fighters and arctic monkeys on the saturday then the strokes and coldplay on sunday, i think my soul would die if i miss it to be honest

i'm definitely going, just have to sell basically all my stuff probably including myself haha foo fighters and arctic monkeys on the saturday then the strokes and coldplay on sunday, i think my soul would die if i miss it to be honest

Exactly, I was really hesitant to do it because I'm also going to Coachella and Sweetlife in Washington DC this year (and I live in England, haha, so huge travel expenses). But I told myself that I would regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't see my two favorite bands of all time play the same stage on the same day and I could feasibly go...and compared to California, Ireland is right around the corner! Once I put it that way, it was a no-brainer.

As much as I hate camping, I wish I could see the Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys as well, but I think I made a wise choice by going for Sunday only. I have to prioritise myself, haha.

Exactly, I was really hesitant to do it because I'm also going to Coachella and Sweetlife in Washington DC this year (and I live in England, haha, so huge travel expenses). But I told myself that I would regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't see my two favorite bands of all time play the same stage on the same day and I could feasibly go...and compared to California, Ireland is right around the corner! Once I put it that way, it was a no-brainer.

As much as I hate camping, I wish I could see the Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys as well, but I think I made a wise choice by going for Sunday only. I have to prioritise myself, haha.

i don't blame you, plus oxegen is a really cool festival. I know that on the sunday i'll be going to the main stage as soon possible and stay there for the day no matter who is on before the strokes and coldplay, just pray it's good bands (good things come to those who wait!)

i don't blame you, plus oxegen is a really cool festival. I know that on the sunday i'll be going to the main stage as soon possible and stay there for the day no matter who is on before the strokes and coldplay, just pray it's good bands (good things come to those who wait!)

Oh me too, I will be doing nothing besides maybe buying water and food and then high-tailing it to the main stage and waiting there ALL day, hopefully getting as close as I can. I plan to do the same at Coachella on the last day, and that's just for The Strokes :P. I will probably die of happiness if The National happens to be on the main stage on Sunday as well :dead:.

I've never done a festival before, but at least by the time Oxegen rolls around I'll have one under my belt!

Oh me too, I will be doing nothing besides maybe buying water and food and then high-tailing it to the main stage and waiting there ALL day, hopefully getting as close as I can. I plan to do the same at Coachella on the last day, and that's just for The Strokes :P. I will probably die of happiness if The National happens to be on the main stage on Sunday as well :dead:.

I've never done a festival before, but at least by the time Oxegen rolls around I'll have one under my belt!

well if you get to the front they give out free cups of water which is a life saver if you plan on sticking round for long like i did last year. i managed to get to the front for everyone i saw except for the coronas, bombay bicycle club (but there was only like 2 or 3 rows of people in front) and mumford and sons and there was only one person in front of me. Just bring food with you that won't go off or melt and you'll be sorted. This will be the 2nd time i've gone so hopefully i'll learn from last years experience to make up for what i did wrong then, which was quite a lot really ha

got my ticket for it today, so psyched for it can't wait now!

• 5 weeks later...

I am currently working it out to go to this festival. I live in the US and have never been out of the country. I haven't seen Coldplay perform live in almost 2 years and I really really really want to see them. Along with being a huge Coldplay fan, I am also a huge fan of the Strokes. So being able to see both bands at the same place would be something completely unforgettable. I have traveled to various cities in the US to see Coldplay perform but this will be my first trip out of the country. Hoping that is all works out so I can go.

I am currently working it out to go to this festival. I live in the US and have never been out of the country. I haven't seen Coldplay perform live in almost 2 years and I really really really want to see them. Along with being a huge Coldplay fan, I am also a huge fan of the Strokes. So being able to see both bands at the same place would be something completely unforgettable. I have traveled to various cities in the US to see Coldplay perform but this will be my first trip out of the country. Hoping that is all works out so I can go.

when you get your ticket get it for the Red camp unless you're going to the green camp. Blue camp is supposed to be where the scummier people go. It looked it too when I passed it last year going to the Red camp. Still Oxegen is a great festival, hope you have fun :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen Chelsea's tweets about that. :\

Do you know why they moved it to Friday?

Happy to hear though you can change flights... here tickets are usually non refundable!

Unless you're totally rich and pay like 3 times the amount to be more flexible.