🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

[5-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago

Ebs757

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah!!!! I'm pumped up too! I work at Disney World everyday and I can't wait to get out of this town!!! Spending time with some REAL people and REAL music!!!

Hey! Anyone staying the whole weekend? Sunday night one block over from Grant Park and my hotel is Buddy Guy's Legends (700 Wabash) Blues Club in Chicago and Sunday night is his 75th Birthday Bash! Only $10 cover! And you will get to see a 5 time Grammy winner... one of the best Blue guitarist around. You know he's got to be there for his own birthday celebration. I am going to this after the festival. Restaurant menu til midnight. http://www.buddyguy.com/

One week to go! Ok honestly I am getting nervous. I have never lined up early for a concert so I am getting anxious. Too many questions -- What time will people be getting there? Will I be able to get a good spot? How will the weather hold up? What should I take? LOL like I said too many questions.

I went to the Lolla site and they have a map up of the stages and food vendors.

Here is the link:

http://lolp1.c3cdn.com/wp/wp-content/themes/lollapalooza/images/map/2011_map.jpg

Here is a link to FAQs and things we can bring/not bring:

http://www.lollapalooza.com/faqs/festival-faqs/

Ok so what is everyones game plan? What time will you be getting there and what will you be taking with you? The FAQs say no food but then how would we hold up with no food while in line all day? Does anyone want to meet up for breakfast Friday morning and then we can walk together to Grant Park?

Hi everyone, quick question, do you think staying at the stage from a little before bright eyes till coldplay will get me a decent spot? i figure a lot of people will leave after bright eyes to go see ok go so i should be able to move up a bit. i wish i could wait all day and get front row but my friends arent down for it and theres other bands i want to see. i saw coldplay front row during the viva tour and though it was one of the best experiences of my life, i feel like i can settle for only a decent spot this time.

One week to go! Ok honestly I am getting nervous. I have never lined up early for a concert so I am getting anxious. Too many questions -- What time will people be getting there? Will I be able to get a good spot? How will the weather hold up? What should I take? LOL like I said too many questions.

I went to the Lolla site and they have a map up of the stages and food vendors.

Here is the link:

http://lolp1.c3cdn.com/wp/wp-content/themes/lollapalooza/images/map/2011_map.jpg

Here is a link to FAQs and things we can bring/not bring:

http://www.lollapalooza.com/faqs/festival-faqs/

Ok so what is everyones game plan? What time will you be getting there and what will you be taking with you? The FAQs say no food but then how would we hold up with no food while in line all day? Does anyone want to meet up for breakfast Friday morning and then we can walk together to Grant Park?

Don't worry, I have many questions myself lol. My best friend and I are getting there right when doors open at 11. There is an entrance near the stage where Coldplay will be performing. As far as what to take with you... I am going to try to sneak food in, such as protein bars and such, I am bringing camelbak water bottle(Lolla has free water stations,) sunscreen, hat, I also heard that wet ones and toliet paper are recommended. Also advised to wear comfortable shoes and light clothing due to the humidity in Chicago, I am also bringing an umbrella in case it rains.

Me and my best friend are meeting for breakfast Friday AM before heading to Grant Park so if you'd like to meet up with us, that it totally cool. Feel free to direct message me!

Im so full of questions too! Dnt know what to pack, what to take to the festival. Or how my day will go. Im heading out to chicago but im in the hands of my cousins that live there. Im just gonna trust them and see what happens! I hope I get a good spot!

Adding to my nerves is that I can't find my viva tote bag, for some reason its making me anxious, I better find it!

I'm gathering all my stuff to pack. Got my baby blue shirt, a hat, plenty of sunscreen (85 SPF!). I got some granola bars - am planning to eat a hearty breakfast on Friday and hope it holds me! Will bring in the 2 bottles of water they allow, glad to hear that there are water stations. I'm also bringing an umbrella. My plan is to be there when they open at 11 and make a beeline to the front of the Bud Light stage! Those of you who have experienced this before, is it possible to have someone hold your spot if you make a break for the bathroom?

My experience in meeting Coldplayers before was overwhelmingly positive and I'm looking forward to making a bunch of new friends.

Hoping to make the meet-up at The Bean on Thursday!

Also alone, and now tshirtless because Cafepress messed up. Apparently they lost/corrupted the image file...and didnt tell me until it was too late. Even with the free air shipping they offered me, it would get here on Saturday.

Oh well. Ill be wearing something waterproof anyays by the looks of it. See you all there! (I am heading down to Chi Town now to visit family for the week.) Travel safe everyone!

Awwwww I wish I could go :bigcry:

I have a question about the festival..is it always in Chicago or do they change cities every year?? :confused:

Its always been in Chicago except this year there was also one in Chile. I believe it is supposed to start traveling in the near future though

If anyone or anyone that knows of someone getting rid of tickets, preferably 3 day passes, I have two friends that were too late in purchasing them and are willing to pay a little bit more than face. let me know!

I went to a food festival on friday, and it was soooo hot! I wanted to faint. And it made me so worried about lolla :(

I need to keep myself hydrated and stuff, but then what about bathroom breaks?? Im afraid of it coming down to peeing my pants :embarrassed: lol. Hopefully not! :lol:

and then what about food? when I dnt eat I get very dizzy and weak too :(

im scared guys....

Guys how did the group text thing work again? Someone was gonna make a group or something? :thinking:

There's a service like that available on the (free) Lollapalooza official app for iPhone. I've also used an app called "GroupMe" that works very well too...and it can be used with any phone, not just smart phones.

There's a service like that available on the (free) Lollapalooza official app for iPhone. I've also used an app called "GroupMe" that works very well too...and it can be used with any phone, not just smart phones.

Yea I remember it had to do with that app, but I thought someone had a group on it so we could group chat. Ill read a few pages back (ill stop being lazy) :P

Sooooooooooo. Who is excited?!!! Just days away! :dance:!

I was playing with the "Group Text" feature in the official Lolla app. Looks like people can be added to a group using just an email address, so no one needs to hand over a phone number.

Anyhow, I created a group (CP) and also DL'd the GroupMe app, so I'd receive push notifications instead of texts. Apparently, I can send an invitation to anyone via email, the recipient chooses to "join group," and im guessing it verifies you're real?

Dunno, I'm still new to a lot of this tech stuff.

Anyway, if you're interested, reply here or PM me whatever email addy you'd like, and I can send an invite. This way we're not tossing out personal contact information, etc.. But anyone can "live chat" or whichever during the Lolla weekend. I'll keep the group open through that Sunday, then kill it.

Found it :P

Yea I remember it had to do with that app, but I thought someone had a group on it so we could group chat. Ill read a few pages back (ill stop being lazy) :P

Sooooooooooo. Who is excited?!!! Just days away! :dance:!

Me!!! :) I leave for Chicago tomorrow night! After months and months of planning this trip, it is finally here :dance: