✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Vinyl Freaks and Geeks

MrMagpie

Hope you can record them one day !

And yeah, 99% of songs is about love nowadays... one of the reasons I liked old Coldplay, because they were focussing a lot on themes like insecurity, doubts, regrets, and the general melancholy inherent in life, too.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I'm entirely European, but I've been living in the US for four months now.

If you don't mind me asking, where in Europe are you from?

I've made it more than apparent I'm Canadian because some type of patriotism, or maybe I just love revealing my whereabouts to the Internet, as well as my age, and my gender, and maybe I've mentioned my name somewhere... I should actually rethink my life lol I'm gunna get like stalked or something.

• Like 1

Hope you can record them one day !

And yeah, 99% of songs is about love nowadays... one of the reasons I liked old Coldplay, because they were focussing a lot on themes like insecurity, doubts, regrets, and the general melancholy inherent in life, too.

Well I mean going through a divorce is reason enough for me to write a couple of albums about love

I´ve been following a strangely parallel track to Chris in my life, which kinda allowed me to resonate with all his songs about love love love haha But yeah I know what you mean :) Though I´ll say songs like up and up are about general love, not specific romantic one, so those themes are timeless and ultimately its a song about how to overcome the harsh things in life.

If you don't mind me asking, where in Europe are you from?

I've made it more than apparent I'm Canadian because some type of patriotism, or maybe I just love revealing my whereabouts to the Internet, as well as my age, and my gender, and maybe I've mentioned my name somewhere... I should actually rethink my life lol I'm gunna get like stalked or something.

LOL this made me laugh! I know you did not ask me, but I thought I´d throw it in as I am replying to the post already LOL I am from Denmark.

Well I mean going through a divorce is reason enough for me to write a couple of albums about love

True and it all kinda started with MX really, didn't it? Makes me think thats when C&G started having problems perhaps.

I dont mind the love theme. I used to be a very independent "no love, just dating girls" kinda guy, but that one woman came along and I´ve hopelessly fallen in love for good in the one and only. I´ve resigned to my destiny now haha

I´ve been following a strangely parallel track to Chris in my life, which kinda allowed me to resonate with all his songs about love love love haha But yeah I know what you mean :) Though I´ll say songs like up and up are about general love, not specific romantic one, so those themes are timeless and ultimately its a song about how to overcome the harsh things in life.

Oooooo interesting! (Also same with amazing day)

Your life sounds like a riot! I sorta kinda wanna hear the essay- or the song lyrics :)

Oooooo interesting! (Also same with amazing day)

Your life sounds like a riot! I sorta kinda wanna hear the essay- or the song lyrics :)

My life is crazy....you have NO idea haha One of the reason I´ve been so rarely on the forum :/ So great to be back btw and see all the new lovely faces (figuratively speaking of course LOL) , I hope it lasts.

I am kinda a guy always on fire, I guess that means you´ll never really have a quiet life, but I do long for some rest soon: I hope to find it with her :) I´ll post the synopsis the day the book is ready haha

My life is crazy....you have NO idea haha One of the reason I´ve been so rarely on the forum :/ So great to be back btw and see all the new lovely faces (figuratively speaking of course LOL) , I hope it lasts.

I am kinda a guy always on fire, I guess that means you´ll never really have a quiet life, but I do long for some rest soon: I hope to find it with her :) I´ll post the synopsis the day the book is ready haha

Aww you little love bird you :) on fire?? Good on fire like 'ooh look at me I'm so hot I'm on fire LADIES' or ' IM ON FIYYYAAA WOOO' Or bad like 'Oh god I'm the only person in the room that is burning to the floor in pain and suffering'

I'm gunna sign off now :) it's 12:30 here and I gotta sleep! Night :)

Aww you little love bird you :) on fire?? Good on fire like 'ooh look at me I'm so hot I'm on fire LADIES' or ' IM ON FIYYYAAA WOOO' Or bad like 'Oh god I'm the only person in the room that is burning to the floor in pain and suffering'

I'm gunna sign off now :) it's 12:30 here and I gotta sleep! Night :)

I am not little and I am not a love bird. I am a lion thank you very much LOL On fire as in I am very passionate about everything I do and everything I am and hopelessly impetuous, curious and always following my heart, which makes for a bubbly life I guess :)

Nighty night :)

@Jaytheblue :

The X&Y lyrics resonated strongly with me during a particular phase of my life. In fact, still do. Also I am of a melancholic nature so the early EPs and Parachutes/AROBTTH resonate with me a lot.

I think there is true beauty in melancholy. In a weird way I kinda "enjoyed" all the sad feelings I had during the break up I went through, just because they were so intense and raw. But I am happy I am happier now. I found out you can still have very strong feelings just as meaningful and be happy-dance-around hehe :) And I so love dancing....I guess one of the many things I have in common with Chris LOL

Maybe you are really Chris posting and you are in LA because you wanna get Gwyneth back :p

Hahahaha so funny ! :) Well there is strange thread running through in my life which resonates with what Chris does and who he is. I guess one of the reason I love Coldplay so :) I feel like they sing my life all the time just in the right moments! Princess came out when I first met her, A sky came out when I found out something amazing about myself which changed my life, True Love single came out when we broke up, Adventure now came out when I was at my lowest and I so needed a lift, and so on and so forth. haha

But I am in LA and I am trying to get her back...not Gwyneth though haha Though honestly I think Chris still loves her...judging from tracks like Everglow and Fun.

^^ Yeah mysterious...

And man good luck LA seems like an awesome place generally:D

And I know the feeling of taking basically every emotion to the extreme, it's been the story of my life since I was like 5 when I would throw tantrums at the end of birthday parties because I simply didn't want to go home :)

It's always been like that to me, when I'm happy I'm absolutely ecstatic and when I'm sad I'm utterly hopeless.

^^ Yeah mysterious...

And man good luck LA seems like an awesome place generally:D

And I know the feeling of taking basically every emotion to the extreme, it's been the story of my life since I was like 5 when I would throw tantrums at the end of birthday parties because I simply didn't want to go home :)

It's always been like that to me, when I'm happy I'm absolutely ecstatic and when I'm sad I'm utterly hopeless.

You know Ive not actually been to LA yet *LOL* I´ve kinda been around Anaheim so far only. I have acclimated to an extent that I feel like a local now haha

And yes its quite tricky to feel things so strongly and yet achieve a balance. I finally managed to a few years ago, I kinda found an anchoring point in my life which stands still, like a rock, so no matter how high I soar or I low I dive, I am never lost, I always have a thread which brings me back to the center. I found this to be a nice compromise for me, where I still get to express my I guess you call it passionate nature but so it doesn't become detrimental to me.

You know Ive not actually been to LA yet *LOL* I´ve kinda been around Anaheim so far only. I have acclimated to an extent that I feel like a local now haha

And yes its quite tricky to feel things so strongly and yet achieve a balance. I finally managed to a few years ago, I kinda found an anchoring point in my life which stands still, like a rock, so no matter how high I soar or I low I dive, I am never lost, I always have a thread which brings me back to the center. I found this to be a nice compromise for me, where I still get to express my I guess you call it passionate nature but so it doesn't become detrimental to me.

Yeah I am yet to find that balance. Also the US is a pretty interesting place, I've only really really toured Boston and Hawaii though (but I don't really count Hawaii as America really) The US is a funny place to me, so globally powerful but so... Behind in a sense (in a political and non political way) I suppose that it's my inner Canadian hating though. Oh Murica...

• Like 1

Also the US is a pretty interesting place, I've only really really toured Boston and Hawaii though. The US is a funny place to me, so globally powerful but so... Behind in a sense (in a political and non political way) I suppose that it's my inner Canadian hating though. Oh Murica...

*lol* Maybe its my american genes but I always liked the US. I´ve been to Boston and love the city (incidentally I was there during the marathon bombing :/, we had to go to watch it but I changed my mind at the last minute, talking of destiny sometimes... ) , New York as well I love very much. I cant wait to see LA one of the next days. I had my first Thanksgiving here too and wow my favourite food of all time :) Also I am very much a homemade burger/fries/ice cream kinda guy and here I found some delicious ones (no I dont mean the cheap fast foods hehe). I enjoy the country as a tourist, but not sure I´d enjoy it as a citizen. I mean I could but some things would have to change hehe

However I live in Denmark, in what is probably the diametrically opposite system to the USA socially and politically. And I do prefer Denmark´s system, though it´s far from flawless. When the social safety net is lacking you can see it in a country and it´s detrimental for all imo.

^ I mean in a way I agree. I would enjoy the US as a tourist but I mean in the end in natural beauty I prefer Canada a bit more, and I feel like I can't find that cute small town- cottage country vibe that you get it Canada, or the exotic historical presence you get it Europe or Latin America there. And don't get me started on actual American people, maybe it's their accents that get me a little riled up, or just the overall attitude (but I'm probably stereotyping) but they sorta make be a little.. Uncomfortable???

Canada has thanksgiving in October- but I'm not a fan of turkey so...

^ I mean in a way I agree. I would enjoy the US as a tourist but I mean in the end in natural beauty I prefer Canada a bit more, and I feel like I can't find that cute small town- cottage country vibe that you get it Canada, or the exotic historical presence you get it Europe or Latin America there. And don't get me started on actual American people, maybe it's their accents that get me a little riled up, or just the overall attitude (but I'm probably stereotyping) but they sorta make be a little.. Uncomfortable???

Canada has thanksgiving in October- but I'm not a fan of turkey so...

Well I am sure Canada is just stunning when it comes to nature! I´ve never been but I can only imagine from the pictures I saw :) And I do know about the mild "rivalry" between canadians and americans? hehe

The small town-cottage vibe is all over in New England imo. I remember visiting Cape Cod, the MA coastal area is full of quaint towns :) They to me are very reminiscent of Scandinavia/germany. (and pilgrims from northern europe were quite prominent in these areas if i remember correctly and it sure shows in the architecture and such).

Historical presence? Yes Europe wins hands down ! haha The USA is such a young country it needs another 500 years minimum to build some history hehe But you cant really hold it against them haha

As for american people I like them! But then again maybe I am biased. I grew up in an american military base after all, so I´ve been surrounded by them since I was a toddler hehe I always found them pleasant, kind and very talkative (which is a plus if you are a social person as danes are quite reserved hehe). They never made me uncomfortable...well ok maybe once when I met some "overly" religious ones hehe but 99% of the time was fine so far :)

^ yeah the overall attitude to Americans in Canada isn't the best lol. And yeah the east coast is nice, but if you really want small fishing towns with unique culture, then try Nova Scotia and the Maritime Provinces, those towns also have a French influence which gives them this unique 'Acadian' culture. I remember going a while back, it was really incredible.

And by small town cottage I mean the towns of northern Ontario surrounded by lakes that have one main road and adorable little houses. I must admit I did visit Vermont to ski and I think it was Stowe that came close, but everything was spaced out unlike Huntsville (a town in Ontario)

And wow, a US army base! That's actually incredible! I can't relate to that lol but it just seems like an incredible and unique place to spend early years. Members of the armed forces are incredible people no matter the country

And wow, a US army base! That's actually incredible! I can't relate to that lol but it just seems like an incredible and unique place to spend early years. Members of the armed forces are incredible people no matter the country

Well its actually a mini version of the USA hehe I was technically born in Italy but I grew up with baseball, Dr Pepper and Cracker Jacks haha And yeah I´ve mostly met really nice people both in the base back then but also here in the states :)

Well its actually a mini version of the USA hehe I was technically born in Italy but I grew up with baseball, Dr Pepper and Cracker Jacks haha And yeah I´ve mostly met really nice people both in the base back then but also here in the states :)

I'm actually of Italian heritage so I grew up with soccer and crappy Italian music and too many carbs and a lot of Coldplay (don't even know why but my parents were obsessed)

And wow you have quite a bit of cultures mixed in you. Are you of Italian heritage originally though??

I'm actually of Italian heritage so I grew up with soccer and crappy Italian music and too many carbs and a lot of Coldplay (don't even know why but my parents were obsessed)

And wow you have quite a bit of cultures mixed in you. Are you of Italian heritage originally though??

Oh yes a lot of soccer in my childhood too hehe *nods to the crappiness of italian music* :) I did not get too many carbs, my mum was fond of cooking vegetables and making good home-made food. I first encountered the damaging carbs when I moved to Denmark (and dont get me started on the carbs in the US, they practically live off bread in all its forms haha)

My DNA is a strange mix haha I am part american, part italian and more back in the family also scottish, french and danish and probably some other countries too haha :) I was born in Italy but I spent 80% of my time in the american base while going to italian school though (yeah a mess early on LOL), then moved to Denmark when I turned 18 and I still live here :)

p.s. no denying the deliciousness of italian pasta though, am i right? :) And how cool with Coldplay-obsessed parents! :D