✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Vinyl Freaks and Geeks

MrMagpie

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all the albums on vinyl except Mylo and Rush. I need to get a new Ghost Stories one cause the one I have was messed up in the box

I sadly have no Coldplay vinyls, but I feel like I've listened to the albums enough on cd that I should really be re buying it... It just doesn't feel right to me, modern artist and vinyl

Update after going through some old records:

Came home with The Joshua Tree, the Grease soundtrack, Simple Minds (I think just Don't you forget about me the single) there was also a lot of Talk Talk and Tears for Fears, a whole lot of 80's alternative dance and miscellaneous Italian songs.

I sadly have no Coldplay vinyls, but I feel like I've listened to the albums enough on cd that I should really be re buying it... It just doesn't feel right to me, modern artist and vinyl

It just feels the opposite to me: very right! hehe Vinyls are really appreciated and often preferred by musicians. Its also making a tremendous comeback. I kinda like all the formats! Digital for my iPhone and car, cd if I want that pristine "polished" sound, vinyl if I want the authentic analogue experience akin to being in the studio while they record the songs :)

It feels more real seeing the album artwork in a big size

And just holding that big vinyl disc in your hand, so colourful and seeing it spin as you listen to it! LOL Maybe cuz I was not born in the times of vinyl but in the digital age, the whole vinyl experience looks so exotic and appealing to me haha

I only have a small portable vinyl player so far but I loved listening to them, just lying down with my headphones. Its a special experience.

I have a cheap one too but I love it :) One day I wanna buy me a hi-fi one :D

Mine was 100 bucks and that isn't cheap to me, but I can tell from the sound (or maybe it's just my ancient records) that it probably could be better quality. I could get external speakers though, I just really enjoy the look of it though and I don't want to ruin it with some external techy looking junk

Mine was 100 bucks and that isn't cheap to me, but I can tell from the sound (or maybe it's just my ancient records) that it probably could be better quality. I could get external speakers though, I just really enjoy the look of it though and I don't want to ruin it with some external techy looking junk

Sounds like we have the same model LOL Mine was €150 and I also thought wow thats not cheap but its apparently quite cheap for a vinyl player so you won't get the best quality, far from it, but I still enjoy it with my headphones and I like that its portable

Sounds like we have the same model LOL Mine was €150 and I also thought wow thats not cheap but its apparently quite cheap for a vinyl player so you won't get the best quality, far from it, but I still enjoy it with my headphones and I like that its portable

May I ask what player you have ahaha

I wonder why vinyl still has that appeal today (I feel the appeal too, but unfortunately I don't have a player). For some reason it feels like a special way to play music. Is it our 60s/70s nostalgia shining through ? I don't know.

I'd be interested if some of you could explain their feelings about vinyl so I can better understand why people love it :)

I wonder why vinyl still has that appeal today (I feel the appeal too, but unfortunately I don't have a player). For some reason it feels like a special way to play music. Is it our 60s/70s nostalgia shining through ? I don't know.

I'd be interested if some of you could explain their feelings about vinyl so I can better understand why people love it :)

Im a little young teenage rascal, but I think there is something incredible to me to have a album where you can literally see the music engraved on to it. You can see every groove and it's cool to think that those grooves translate to this full picture. There is something satisfying about hearing the spinning and the record and watching the record, it's almost hypnotizing. Also vinyls themselves are pretty awesome and amazing to look at in my opinion. Also don't forget 80s as well... CDs weren't invented until 1982 and only popularly used in the late 80's early 90s really.

I agree with what Jay said above about the "music engraved" part. I´ll list a few more reasons why I am into vinyl. And for the record (no pun intended) I am too young to have 60s nostalgia haha I was born when cassettes were popular, not vinyls hehe

* The artwork on vinyl is amazing. You really get to see the beautiful covers, the colours, etc instead than having them in the mini CD version

* They are just awesome to hold and browse through! So tangible in your hands :) Vinyl shops have great knowledgable personel.

* The experience of playing a vinyl is radically different than CD or digital. Because it requires steps like putting the disc on, turning it, dusting it off, etc, you totally need to chill, lie down and enjoy the music! No distractions. Just the music 100%.

* I must say the process of putting the vinyl on and all that has a calming effect on me! Probably because we tend to live very busy lives these days where everything moves so fast, it quiets the mind to watch the vinyl slowly spin :)

* The sound is analogue and just "warmer" (hard to describe), it´s closer to what it would sound like being in the studio with the artists.

* I must admit I love the low hiss sound of the vinyl spinning! :)

* They look gorgeous in your collection, especially coloured vinyls are a real treat.

* These days they nearly all come with free digital downloads, so you get the best of both worlds. Convenience and a beautiful collection :)

May I ask what player you have ahaha

Meh a cheap one...looks a lot like a Crosley, just the danish version of it. hehe It was a good beginner player for me, though I saw Barnes has a whole vinyl player + speakers (good quality one too) for like $150. I would totally want that for Christmas from my future girlfriend *lol*

Meh a cheap one...looks a lot like a Crosley, just the danish version of it. hehe It was a good beginner player for me, though I saw Barnes has a whole vinyl player + speakers (good quality one too) for like $150. I would totally want that for Christmas from my future girlfriend *lol*

Yepp mines a Crosley, and this is my first player so not complaining. It produces good enough sound and it looks cool so I'm happy for now :)

Yepp mines a Crosley, and this is my first player so not complaining. It produces good enough sound and it looks cool so I'm happy for now :)

My thoughts exactly. The cool part is that it´s portable and so retro. The bad part is that the sound is quite sub par, but even with this cheap player listening to vinyl is a pleasure. It kinda gives your ears a much welcome respite from the loud mixing of CDs and Digital :)

Ok vinyl aficionados, can we get some love for the gorgeous vinyl edition of "A head full of dreams"? I mean it´s stunning it is :) Both the discs, the sleeve, the nice poster, heck even the download card !

Fantastic job on every little detail :)