✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Vinyl Freaks and Geeks

MrMagpie

I just bought a record player last week.

I've been building up a record collection slowly. Right now it is pretty tiny but I plan on gradually expanding it.

Do you buy records?

How big is your collection?

Are they mostly your parents records or yours too?

Post pictures of your album covers etc. if you want. I think one of my favourite parts about them is having big pieces of artwork.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some random records I got for my birthday from my friends when they bought a record player for me (which was pretty cool)....other than that I don't have that many records yet---- 3 records by the Doors and Radiohead, Hail to the thief

I want to buy more records in the future when I have enough money

I just bought a record player last week.

I've been building up a record collection slowly. Right now it is pretty tiny but I plan on gradually expanding it.

Do you buy records?

How big is your collection?

Are they mostly your parents records or yours too?

Post pictures of your album covers etc. if you want. I think one of my favourite parts about them is having big pieces of artwork.

I'm guessing this thread is aimed at me.

Yes, I buy records, all of them online because I actually don't have record store where I live. My collection is getting pretty big, I've got 11 since about 10 months ago. I usually buy them two or three at a time. They are all mine, seeing as my parents didn't buy any vinyl whatsoever. And, I think I have a picture of me somewhere with High Violet that I sent Ivet... http://cl.ly/2g3O2U092U360A3N201L

I like getting vinyl records I have quite a few of them. My dad has a big collection but I don't really listen to his much

here's my vinyl collection thus far:

download1ig.jpg

What I have from Left to Right

Row 1 (Singles):

Nude/4 Minute Warning-Radiohead

All For The Best/Ciao My Shining Star-Thom Yorke/Mark Mulachy

Violet Hill/A Spell A Rebel Yell-Coldplay

Row 2:

Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses/The Hollow Earth (Single)-Thom Yorke

Parachutes-Coldplay

Merriweather Post Pavillion-Animal Collective

Row 3:

Pablo Honey-Radiohead

Amnesiac-Radiohead

In Rainbows (Box Set)-Radiohead

Row 4:

The Bends-Radiohead

Kid A-Radiohead

Teen Dream-Beach House

Row 5:

OK Computer-Radiohead

Hail to the Theif-Radiohead

Oracular Spectacular-MGMT

I feel kind of bad because last year I went to the trouble of replacing my record player (I liked the one I had, but the turntable was starting to get wobbly and I couldn't fix it), but now I've barely even used the new one. :disappointed:

I have a bit of a Coldplay collection of vinyls (& etc. :tongue:) which I posted in the Coldplay forum about a year ago, but other than that I have quite a few of my parents' old vinyls. Actually I really wish I had my parent's old record player, I loved it. I'm pretty sure they gave it away several years ago though.

Here's some of my parents' vinyls that they gave to me:

29ekn4k.jpg

Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago)

Neil Diamond

Billy Joel

Crosby, Stills and Nash

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

The Bob Seger System

2mfx5cp.jpg

Elton John

Doobie Brothers

Saturday Night Fever soundtrack :lol:

The 5th Dimension

Chicago

Neil Diamond

2hgekk9.jpg

Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (I should probably add that to the best bassline thread)

Michael Jackson - Thriller

15cblf4.jpg

2 Jim Croce + 2 Muppets + 1 Smurfs = :wtf:

I only have one vinyl (and even that one's actually Dad's). It's Something Stupid by Frank and Nancy Sinatra but I've never listened to it because we don't have a record player any more. I intend to buy it as soon as I get my TKOL and possibly Suppercollider and/or The Queen Is Dead vinyl.. I need to listen to those and not just have them.

I have a few vinyls that my parents bought for me, but I've never bought any myself, mainly because I don't have a working record player. I have a few vinyls of horn players that I should probably listen to (e.g. Barry Tuckwell...that guy was goooood), and not too long ago, my parents bought me two Mannheim Steamroller vinyls. ("Fresh Aire III" and "Fresh Aire VI"...I was really excited to get those. :cheesy:)

There have been many times, though, when I wish I had money to buy a record player and vinyls. There was one particular visit to Hastings that reminded me of just that. Finding The National merch of any sort here is rare enough. Imagine my surprise, then, when I found a "Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers" vinyl. I freaked out hardcore. My mom was looking at me strangely and made a comment about how uncouth the album title was. Due to funds being low, I had to leave that poor little vinyl, and I'm afraid I'll never see it again. :bigcry:

It's funny... when I got into electronics one of my motivators was that I wanted to be able to fix old audio equipment like record players because honestly, 70s stuff usually sounds better.

And then my record player did die. And now I knew how to take it all apart and find out what was going on, but it was a proprietary control chip that was toast, so I couldn't replace it. :facepalm: :( *sigh* At least Dad's still works so I can listen to stuff.

I have a fair but not huge number of records. A few special ones are new, and most of the rest are from yard sales. Lucked out at finding lots of Beatles, Blondie, and 80s era U2. For the new I have Funeral, Parachutes, and a couple of others. And then when I want to listen to something classical I snitch one of Dad's old records.

that's my favorite album ever too I think, or Funeral, well Abbey Road and Funeral is a close 2nd :P
I have both of those on vinyl. :D :p

I have some vinyl. Most interesting ones being

There Is Love In You - Four Tet

Halcyon Digest - Deerhunter

Crazy For You - Best Coast

i can't remember

i have a bunch of 7"s and 12" singles too. (I have pretty much every Four Tet 12"...hmm)

I sample records for my music too so I have heaps of weird $0.50 R&B 12"s and some really nice classical records.

Sounds Of Manhattan 10" from 1948. So nice.

Sadly the best record store here (for sampling records and new vinyl) is closing down at the end of may :( :(

Well i do buy vinyls and visit record stores is my hobbie :P so my collection is growing, no idea how many i have.. ill show ( or try to list my collection to post here :) )

P.s - im not posting the 7´singles i have :P most are from coldplay and editors..