✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why So Much Hate for Chris and Coldplay?

kittybitty

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
I dislike him. Yes. He's always kissing everybody's ass, Jay Z, Simon Pegg (but they're friends so I guess that doesn't count) and lots of people and I wonder "why on earth does he do that?" He doesn't need to do that. His expressions of modesty and "hey, Coldplay is shit" and the way he expresses about certain people might come for you guys as a joke but I take it as hypocricy, he knows well they're a pretty well known band across the globe, he knows their last album was a huge success, he knows they're fucking big and yet, he acts like that? He is just overdoing it, which he contradicts with his arrogance in interviews, even implying "his balls" are fantastic. I mean.. why? Can't he just be a serious musician? He's the only one in the band who acts like that and I certainly dislike it to the top. As for the rest of the band, I only respect them. I don't dislike them.

Also OMG the copy on AF's singing between the crowd with the C stage thing. Seriously.

If this isn't reasonable then I'm sorry. At least my reasons are not "He's married to Gwynnie".

I recognise what you are saying about his modesty or as you take it his "false modesty" but I just take that from someone who is clearly naturally shy and bashful. He's clearly very eccentric but I think he's just like that because he's a very self conscious human being like a lot of us. It ain't as easy as it looks.

As for the bolded part is that actually a crime? I don't look at Muse live and think OMG they are totally ripping U2 off! Arcade Fire weren't the first band to do that and as Coldplay have shown they aren't the last ones to do it. I guess every band that has performed in a stadium is ripping off The Beatles after what they did at Shea Stadium.

I recognise what you are saying about his modesty or as you take it his "false modesty" but I just take that from someone who is clearly naturally shy and bashful. He's clearly very eccentric but I think he's just like that because he's a very self conscious human being like a lot of us. It ain't as easy as it looks.

As for the bolded part is that actually a crime? I don't look at Muse live and think OMG they are totally ripping U2 off! Arcade Fire weren't the first band to do that and as Coldplay have shown they aren't the last ones to do it. I guess every band that has performed in a stadium is ripping off The Beatles after what they did at Shea Stadium.

Well said.;)

Saying his balls are fantastic = joke, not arrogance.

Saying Coldplay isn't that great = modesty, one of the most respectable traits a person can have.

Unserious musician = thank goodness, who the heck wants to watch interviews of a guy who never jokes. He said it himself, "You can't take yourself too seriously." That'd be a terribly bleak way to live.

Saying Coldplay isn't that great = modesty, one of the most respectable traits a person can have.

Unserious musician = thank goodness, who the heck wants to watch interviews of a guy who never jokes. He said it himself, "You can't take yourself too seriously." That'd be a terribly bleak way to live.

Exactly. Unfortunately, it just goes right over some people's heads.:dozey:

Guest howyousawtheworld

This. They can't all be miserable hypocritical ****s like Thom Yorke.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Aw, I like Thom too.

Granted, I like Morrissey too who's often called miserable etc but he's got some sort of unique humour going on there. Yorke is Morrissey lite.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Thom Yorke? He barely gives interviews.

Yeah and when he does he's a miserable, arrogant little ****.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I've only seen one full interview and he seemed.. polite. Another one with him being an ass to an interviewer cos he implied Radiohead was over thanks to The Eraser. I know he's a ****, but he seems a lot more genuine to me than Chris Martin.

No. Chris Martin has got a grasp of reality which makes him grounded. Yorke seriously believes everything he thinks and is just a rude ****. The way Yorke thinks is the most deluded pile of utopian bullshit ever.

No. Chris Martin has got a grasp of reality which makes him grounded. Yorke seriously believes everything he thinks and is just a rude ****. The way Yorke thinks is the most deluded pile of utopian bullshit ever.

Well that's one way of putting it....................... :P

Chris's self-deprecating style is actually one of his best traits. I generally can't stand musicians who are too puffed up with their own importance.:dozey:

Grasp of reality? A grounded person would be any of the other CP members except for him. They just seem pretty genuine. They don't have to go around like (can't come up with a better adjective) attention whores like Martin.

Yeah, Thom is excessively arrogant and egotistic but that's him, he's not faking it.

Gosh dang it, I want to try to respect your opinions and all, but you make it so hard by saying things that are just flat out not true at all. How is he an attention whore?! The fact that he keeps to himself and stays out of the spotlight as much as possible, never saying or doing "bad" things....oh yeah, what an attention whore...