✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why So Much Hate for Chris and Coldplay?

kittybitty

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^awww, i don't think it's fair to include fans in something to dislike about a band. the band can't necessarily control who likes them. :P

I haven't seen much of your posts but I can tell you're a way too different CP fan. I mean you're not over defensive, you're rational and keep an open mind.

But certain individuals are just ridiculous.

ok, good. :P and for the record, i don't think you are a hater or anything, even though i do disagree with your views on Mr. Martin.

yeah, sometimes people can be ridiculous... on both sides, actually. i guess that's just life. :shrug:

Guest howyousawtheworld
Everytime someone questions your 3 precious bands you do insult people. Not just me, though I couldn't care less if you insult my taste or me, it's fun.

I'm reading all the responses, but my post wasn't directed to you, and yet, you, as well as Mark, always feel the need to question and dismiss non CP fans' opinion about Coldplay in a demeaning way, or just you, Mark only liked to agree with posts and hardly ever comes with a good argument. You can never quite stablish a constructive discussion with the "arrogant, miserable, immature, low life ****s" we are. It's one thing for me to mock someone from time to time, and another to actually look for answers like right now.

Sometimes my mocking is well founded (at least in my opinion) when people say things like the one quoted in my signature or really outrageous stuff that doesn't even seem possible. I do respect if people love Coldplay so much to actually only stay in this part of the forum, a part I rarely visit/read.

While my intentions weren't mocking (and I actually don't give a crap if anyone believes me, cos I know I'm honest) I know this thread comes off as provocative, specially considering who made it. If I truly wanted to take the piss out of you I could have easily wrote something entirely different and actually provocative, like "Radiohead's balls is all Chris Martin wants to lick but sucks so much that he'll never be worthy of it". Did I do that? Nah.

Like always, your dislike for me distorts any possible interaction you could ever have with me, which is a shame since you, unlike Mark, can actually make good points and don't quite ignore what's being said to you.

If you think that my favorite singer is a miserable **** then good for you, it's lovely to see how hard you always try to bring him up to discussion, as if it was something that would offend me or any other fan. I don't quite express my opinion about Martin as often as you might think, and my mocking is directly towards comments like I've mentioned. Does that make me a bad person? Not necessarily, but sometimes comments are just funny. Would you actually respond immaturely with a "42" after you implied you want to hurt me cos I'm not a CP fan? I don't think so.

Will you call me a hypocrite after this post? I think you will, like I said, your judgement is clouded by the venom you feel everytime I make a CP related post.

Still, this thread was made in all honesty.

I don't think I have ever questioned the presence of non Coldplay fans on this site. In fact if you'd read my previous posts you'd have seen that I fully accept the presence of non Coldplay fans because it's a very very big music forum and bigger than anything out there. I just think in your criticism of people you should provide a reason for it which admittedly you did but after some while!

I don't think I have ever questioned the presence of non Coldplay fans on this site. In fact if you'd read my previous posts you'd have seen that I fully accept the presence of non Coldplay fans because it's a very very big music forum and bigger than anything out there. I just think in your criticism of people you should provide a reason for it which admittedly you did but after some while!

And I didn't imply you questioned their presence, I merely stated that while I have mocked several people, you've also insulted non CP fans, which isn't the same as questioning their presence. I don't know if I made myself clear...

Like I've said before, I don't find it annoying if people like Coldplay, it is immensely ok for me, or any other band I don't happen to like.

The thing here is that I don't accept that some people can't just take a critic towards them. As if they were absolutely brilliant and perfect, like Gods. Or responses like "Non CP fans make me want to kill people", how is that good? I have never implied I'd like to hurt you or anyone who insults Thom Yorke, or preach all over that he's cute and a doll when I know he's possibly an absolute piece of shit human being, cos I can't know for sure. I dislike that to no end. Even from some Radiohead fans too. Sometimes I opt to not visit that thread so I don't get tired of it.

Hell, even I feel inclined and open minded to say my favorite band's first album is an absolute piece of shit in my opinion and I don't hesitate to admit the frontman is a douche. I just don't wanna go all over the world dismissing every other opinion because I have a sick obsession with a band. That is why I like the WoM sometimes. Some guys over there don't mind to admit some things.

Last year, a certain member of this forum, with all the intention, went to a Glasto thread to make fun of U2 cos they were headlining and not Coldplay, and I admit I don't like U2, but I never understood why he bashed the band with the weak argument of "U2 IS OLD, BONO HAS BACK PROBLEMS". That same fanboy invaded my vm page with pathetic attempts of getting me into Coldplay. That was going over the top, I have never gone that far to mock someone or irritate someone. Can you see my frustration now?

Yes, this is out of place, since this is the CP section, and I've been here a few times just to check out some things, never even posted, but I'm trying to explain why I make fun of some people sometimes.

Guest howyousawtheworld
And I didn't imply you questioned their presence, I merely stated that while I have mocked several people, you've also insulted non CP fans, which isn't the same as questioning their presence. I don't know if I made myself clear...

Like I've said before, I don't find it annoying if people like Coldplay, it is immensely ok for me, or any other band I don't happen to like.

The thing here is that I don't accept that some people can't just take a critic towards them. As if they were absolutely brilliant and perfect, like Gods. Or responses like "Non CP fans make me want to kill people", how is that good? I have never implied I'd like to hurt you or anyone who insults Thom Yorke, or preach all over that he's cute and a doll when I know he's possibly an absolute piece of shit human being, cos I can't know for sure. I dislike that to no end. Even from some Radiohead fans too. Sometimes I opt to not visit that thread so I don't get tired of it.

Hell, even I feel inclined and open minded to say my favorite band's first album is an absolute piece of shit in my opinion and I don't hesitate to admit the frontman is a douche. I just don't wanna go all over the world dismissing every other opinion because I have a sick obsession with a band. That is why I like the WoM sometimes. Some guys over there don't mind to admit some things.

Last year, a certain member of this forum, with all the intention, went to a Glasto thread to make fun of U2 cos they were headlining and not Coldplay, and I admit I don't like U2, but I never understood why he bashed the band with the weak argument of "U2 IS OLD, BONO HAS BACK PROBLEMS". That same fanboy invaded my vm page with pathetic attempts of getting me into Coldplay. That was going over the top, I have never gone that far to mock someone or irritate someone. Can you see my frustration now?

Yes, this is out of place, since this is the CP section, and I've been here a few times just to check out some things, never even posted, but I'm trying to explain why I make fun of some people sometimes.

I'm not one for clouded fanboyism. I've posted many threads on this section saying what I like and dislike about Coldplay/Chris Martin. I've criticised those, what you presume, two other favourite bands of mine (which I would take as Oasis and U2) time and again so I don't counter anything that is criticised. But if people are going to criticise then criticise with an argument and not some ridiculous comment like 'LOL they are so shit'. That I will counter to.

And my like for a band does not depend on liking a frontman from the band. I love The Police but I think Sting is a big arsehole really. I've got a couple of albums of his but I still think that. But I'm glad you cleared that up over why you make fun of people.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Were my opinions based on "They're shit"? Don't think so. Also if you noticed how many people I make fun of and who, you'd see it's all about what I said before.

Glad to know you can actually respond.

I didn't say it was you as I've never seen you do that. It's just as I said if people are to criticise a band or artist in general they should make it known why.

because they can't accept the fact that someone so down to Earth and self-aware has reached so much success. people forgive everything,except the success of the others. more success,more hatred. but we shouldn't care - cause these guys are really hard workers and are really devoted to MUSIC rather than being stupid public icons. and thank God for that.

because they can't accept the fact that someone so down to Earth and self-aware has reached so much success. people forgive everything,except the success of the others. more success,more hatred. but we shouldn't care - cause these guys are really hard workers and are really devoted to MUSIC rather than being stupid public icons. and thank God for that.

:cool:

I haven't seen much of your posts but I can tell you're a way too different CP fan. I mean you're not over defensive, you're rational and keep an open mind.

But certain individuals are just ridiculous.

god i hate pretentious radiohead fans coming here on coldplay section and judging us

go get a life coz believe me being cool is not so important :)

and the pity is that u ppl come here as crazy coldplay fans and to be accepted into the cool crowd u start hating the band you once liked and start making threads abt deleting all the coldplay from ur itunes:rolleyes:

god i hate pretentious radiohead fans coming here on coldplay section and judging us

and the pity is that u ppl come here as crazy coldplay fans and to be accepted into the cool crowd u start hating the band you once liked and start making threads abt deleting all the coldplay from ur itunes:rolleyes:

That post well deserves my mocking.

You are another example of why I dislike many CP fans and Coldplay. You can't come up with a rather rational, well grounded opinion cos this is what many do: Say we're pretentious and that we judge you, well guess what, your stupid attitude makes you earn it. Coldplayisawesome is a member, who unlike you, likes the band and happens to be rational, cares to have a respectful conversation, you don't seem to do that.

Do you have a complex of inferiority? Do people make fun of you that much for you to come with such pityful comment? Why on earth and how am I "trying to be cool" by not liking them? Can't I just not enjoy them anymore?

I didn't join being a 100% fan. I still liked them a bit, and didn't join cos I liked the band, just joined cos someone invited me. So that invalidates your silly comment. What if I did want to delete it? Is that a sin? If I haven't even bothered to delete their songs was because I was very fond of their music in years prior, but know what? I think I might as well forget about it.

You just prove once again, that Coldplay, like many other bands, has many horrible fans. Such a shame, I liked the other 3 members of the band.

Yeah, Muse is shit btw.

I never claimed to know how the world works or that I'm some insanely clever person.

Implication

I'll do whatever I damn please, and if that includes being immature.

As shall I mercilessly make fun of you for it!

[...] And besides, with my 42 comment, I had not been asked a question. Therefore I could not answer with IDK.

Therefore' date=' whenever I am asked a question that I don't know the answer to, I say "42."[/quote']

derrrrrf

Stop being like the American government and nosing your way into problems that don't concern you.

This topic is a "problem"? I see it as a non-problem. One that doesn't deserve to exist, because of how utterly silly and non-important it is.

"NO BUTTING IN!!!1"? Lulz.

Have a nice day.

I am having quite the ball with this thread.

That post well deserves my mocking.

You are another example of why I dislike many CP fans and Coldplay. You can't come up with a rather rational, well grounded opinion cos this is what many do: Say we're pretentious and that we judge you, well guess what, your stupid attitude makes you earn it. Coldplayisawesome is a member, who unlike you, likes the band and happens to be rational, cares to have a respectful conversation, you don't seem to do that.

Do you have a complex of inferiority? Do people make fun of you that much for you to come with such pityful comment? Why on earth and how am I "trying to be cool" by not liking them? Can't I just not enjoy them anymore?

I didn't join being a 100% fan. I still liked them a bit, and didn't join cos I liked the band, just joined cos someone invited me. So that invalidates your silly comment. What if I did want to delete it? Is that a sin? If I haven't even bothered to delete their songs was because I was very fond of their music in years prior, but know what? I think I might as well forget about it.

You just prove once again, that Coldplay, like many other bands, has many horrible fans. Such a shame, I liked the other 3 members of the band.

Yeah, Muse is shit btw.

this just proves wht i was saying before

:lol:

You can't even respond cos you're that weak.

Pathetic.

maybe i am but ur post just proves me rite

u're making fun of us not accepting new music or different artists but u urself are typical pretentious radiohead fan who thinks that coz u love radiohead u are superior

happy now

:nice:

maybe i am but ur post just proves me rite

u're making fun of us not accepting new music or different artists but u urself are typical pretentious radiohead fan who thinks that coz u love radiohead u are superior

happy now

You're simply stupid. I'm making fun of comments like yours, I don't give a shit if you don't like the bands I like. I make fun of your attitude towards criticism of your favorite band cos you guys can't accept it: not everyone loves them.

When did I ever say I am superior cos I like Radiohead? Again, you are an idiot.

rite[/color]

happy now

Seriously, how old are you?

You're simply stupid. I'm making fun of comments like yours, I don't give a shit if you don't like the bands I like. I make fun of your attitude towards criticism of your favorite band cos you guys can't accept it: not everyone loves them.

When did I ever say I am superior cos I like Radiohead? Again, you are an idiot.

jaani i except that they are not loved by every1 but do u see me going on a radiohead forum and making judgments abt their fans there

plz try to understand that every band has variety of fans and don't judge any1

and btw i never made fun of bands u did

and im proud to be an idiot

^At least you admit being an idiot. And initally I posted here to express my opinion, which, another narrow minded fangirl like you OBVIOUSLY took it the wrong way cos she hates me and basically stated she wanted to hurt me just cos I don't like Coldplay.

That makes you even worse.

Seriously, how old are you?

Her profile says 26. Weird.

Are you quite alright there? You seem to be of the assumption that anyone whom dislikes Coldplay likes Radiohead, although this is probably true for the most part on this forum I don't think that would translate well into real life. Especially with this weird tinfoil theory that they are all "pretentious" and "LOL HATAZ"!

jaani i except that they are not loved by every1 but do u see me going on a radiohead forum and making judgments abt their fans there

plz try to understand that every band has variety of fans and don't judge any1

and btw i never made fun of bands u did

and im proud to be an idiot

Her profile says 26. Weird.

LEARN TO SPELL.

I'm not really in the argument, but the way you type makes me cringe.

You're almost 30 and you type like that?

YOU'RE, YOUR, YOU ARE, BECAUSE, I IN CAPITAL WHEN IT'S BETWEEN SPACE, ANYONE, SOMEONE, CAPITAL LETTER WHEN YOU START A SENTANCE, AND PERIOD WHEN YOU END IT.