✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why So Much Hate for Chris and Coldplay?

kittybitty

Guest howyousawtheworld
Grasp of reality? A grounded person would be any of the other CP members except for him. They just seem pretty genuine. They don't have to go around like (can't come up with a better adjective) attention whores like Martin.

Yeah, Thom is excessively arrogant and egotistic but that's him, he's not faking it.

Noel Gallagher - he criticises, he praises, he's arrogant, he's rude but he's not a miserable, hypocritical, elitist arse hole. Yorke's a millionaire, in one of the most successful bands of our generation and all he can do is go around the world writing music and making crazy statements trying to make everyone feel sorry for themselves. It's just a little attention seeking act using his position in one of the worlds leading bands to try and be different.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noel Gallagher - he criticises, he praises, he's arrogant, he's rude but he's not a miserable, hypocritical, elitist arse hole. Yorke's a millionaire, in one of the most successful bands of our generation and all he can do is go around the world writing music and making crazy statements trying to make everyone feel sorry for themselves. It's just a little attention seeking act to try and be different.

Yeah what?

I was perusing Popeater.com yesterday and there is a silly story on how Chris acted antisocial at Gwyneth's book party, how he didn't want to speak to anyone or certainly give any interviews. A story like this is to be expected but then I read the comments and was, wow--so much hate for Chris and Coldplay! I was especially disappointed at how people who probably don't even listen to their music (ok, NOT probably--they don't!) write how Chris is gay and how their marriage is a sham. It was quite ugly. Has anyone pinpointed why the Chris-Coldplay hate? Shouldn't it be, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?"

Coldplay is only my second faveorite band so I am not too crazy about them. But when someone is famous like chris is people will hate them. and each person has a different reason.

Gosh dang it, I want to try to respect your opinions and all, but you make it so hard by saying things that are just flat out not true at all. How is he an attention whore?! The fact that he keeps to himself and stays out of the spotlight as much as possible, never saying or doing "bad" things....oh yeah, what an attention whore...

Yeah, not true at all.

Haha what? How is that bad? Did he insult you saying you're shit cos you drive a car? Come on, you're just being ridiculous.

And tbh, you pay far a lot of attention to him, and from what I know those interviews are fairly recent, so why so obsessed?

I haven't seen a single CP interview in about 2 years, when I got sick of his attitude. I prefer to watch Guy Berryman giving an interview than listening to that hypocrite, and arrogant guy talking for 10 minutes cos he's a lie.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Haha what? How is that bad? Did he insult you saying you're shit cos you drive a car? Come on, you're just being ridiculous.

And tbh, you pay far a lot of attention to him, and from what I know those interviews are fairly recent, so why so obsessed?

I haven't seen a single CP interview in about 2 years, when I got sick of his attitude. I prefer to watch Guy Berryman giving an interview than listening to that hypocrite, and arrogant guy talking for 10 minutes cos he's a lie.

Did you read the articles? As I said - what an arsehole!

Noel Gallagher - he criticises, he praises, he's arrogant, he's rude but he's not a miserable, hypocritical, elitist arse hole.

Another good point. I don't mind Noel, as it happens. When he takes the p*ss, he's usually pretty humorous with it.

And he definitely isn't dull or pretentious.;)

Well , hating Chris is not that hard I suppose ,

He wants to get in touch and collaborate with anyone ,

and wants to be good is everthing and don't say a bad word..

I know , you can't really hate him for being a nice guy ,

but collaborating with big-pop artist (like Jay-z) and saying good stuff about everything ...

It might enoy some people ...

As for Coldplay , If you hate them , you hate them , you can't argue about a music taste , can you ?

I'm not looking for explanations about his attitude, I just stated what I dislike about him.

well, he was just stating his opinion as well... it's not really fair for you to complain about the people who seem to like Chris for no reason and then dismiss those who do explain their reasons.

Gosh dang it, I want to try to respect your opinions and all, but you make it so hard by saying things that are just flat out not true at all. How is he an attention whore?! The fact that he keeps to himself and stays out of the spotlight as much as possible, never saying or doing "bad" things....oh yeah, what an attention whore...

i can understand where the attention whore view comes from, though i don't agree with it. Chris tries to sneak around and such, but doing so kinda makes him stick out more. but i think that's just something that happens with people in general; those who try to avoid too much attention go about it in a way that actually attracts more attention or makes them more noticable, you know?

for example, i am not such a social person, and so most of the time i like to stay quiet. then i always get people talking to me about how quiet i am, because they notice that i don't talk as much as everyone else does. :P

but that's just the way i see it. :shrug:

well, he was just stating his opinion as well... it's not really fair for you to complain about the people who seem to like Chris for no reason and then dismiss those who do explain their reasons.

I agree.

i can understand where the attention whore view comes from, though i don't agree with it. Chris tries to sneak around and such, but doing so kinda makes him stick out more. but i think that's just something that happens with people in general; those who try to avoid too much attention go about it in a way that actually attracts more attention or makes them more noticable, you know?

for example, i am not such a social person, and so most of the time i like to stay quiet. then i always get people talking to me about how quiet i am, because they notice that i don't talk as much as everyone else does. :P

but that's just the way i see it. :shrug:

Nobody can really understand what it's like to be Chris Martin (or anyone equally as famous) 24 hours a day, unless they happen to be in that situation themselves.

I reckon that, particularly in the circumstances, the way he is with his fans is fantastic.

Ask anyone who's actually met him, and I'm pretty sure they'll all say the same.;)

I reckon that, particularly in the circumstances, the way he is with his fans is fantastic.

Ask anyone who's actually met him, and I'm pretty sure they'll all say the same.;)

ah, yes, that is a good point. to me, it sort of counters the argument that he's so self-deprecating in interviews that he comes off as arrogant. i'm sure he does realize how successful the band is and such, and so i can see why certain comments of his may seem condescending, but he is at least appreciative of fans and he doesn't seem to take any of it for granted.

ah, yes, that is a good point. to me, it sort of counters the argument that he's so self-deprecating in interviews that he comes off as arrogant. i'm sure he does realize how successful the band is and such, and so i can see why certain comments of his may seem condescending, but he is at least appreciative of fans and he doesn't seem to take any of it for granted.

Having been fortunate enough to have met him twice, I can definitely confirm this.:smug:

I'm one of those people who has a very low tolerance for BS, and when I first started using the internet, I got really frustrated by the crap that some people would come up with. They don't seem to understand that there is a difference between critiquing an artist/performer/entertainer's work/behavior versus verbally insulting people they don't know and sometimes for no valid reasons. Nowadays, I've come to the conclusion that they are probably just voicing their malcontent in general. The way they conduct themselves, even in anonymity, says more much more about them than the people they are slagging or at least that's the way I look at it now.

Coldplay fans should be nothing but proud of all the ban members. Chris, however people might want to judge him, does his work and stay out of the limelight as much as he can, one might even say too much. He is smart in the sense that he understands that you need the press and public, but you should never get too close or divulge too much information. He gives the fans enough to keep them interested without nauseating them with too much details. Stay mysterious is how he put it, if I remember correctly. We can argue until the cows come home that he's this or that, but bottom line is no one knows for sure.

Chris is probably laughing at the haters all the way to the bank. The man said that what he loves is making music, and for whatever it worth, that's exactly what he does. Let them hate while Coldplay continue to create a legacy through music that have inspired, uplifted or entertained millions!

The point is that someone asked me to post my opinion, then he comes and tries to justify his attitude, which wasn't something I cared about.

I don't know if it makes sense at all.

Also I can't actually take him seriously when he can insult other people all he wants but Bono and Coldplay are untouchable =D

Generally there are a million and one reasons that people don't like him/them...many already discussed.

In terms of that article alone I can see the critisism to be honest, there's really no excuse for that kind of behaviour...I know he has issues with celebrity and press attention on his marriage, but to be rude and grumpy like that at a party in celebration of his wife and her achievements and in front of all her friends and famiy...

I am a fan of his, but I'm not a blind fan and yes he has been lovely when I've met him, but that doesn't mean he's perfect and that kind of behaviour in its various forms (storming out of interviews for example) certainly contributes to the negative opinion of him and the band.