✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why So Much Hate for Chris and Coldplay?

kittybitty

I was perusing Popeater.com yesterday and there is a silly story on how Chris acted antisocial at Gwyneth's book party, how he didn't want to speak to anyone or certainly give any interviews. A story like this is to be expected but then I read the comments and was, wow--so much hate for Chris and Coldplay! I was especially disappointed at how people who probably don't even listen to their music (ok, NOT probably--they don't!) write how Chris is gay and how their marriage is a sham. It was quite ugly. Has anyone pinpointed why the Chris-Coldplay hate? Shouldn't it be, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?"

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^that's the world of idiots for you :shrug: not much one can do to stop it. they're all like that because they are in denial. they are just saying these things either because the really do hate Coldplay's music or they don't want to face the truth: the fact that Coldplay is actually good music and that Chris is just that much better than them. they're all bullies looking for something to vent at.

^that's the world of idiots for you :shrug: not much one can do to stop it. they're all like that because they are in denial. they are just saying these things either because the really do hate Coldplay's music or they don't want to face the truth: the fact that Coldplay is actually good music and that Chris is just that much better than them. they're all bullies looking for something to vent at.

Plus they're jealous, of course.:smug:

Who's always in the spotlight? Chris.

Who married dat actress? Chris.

Who's hanging out with the "cool" (lol srsly) musicians? Chris.

The rest of the band aren't really that.. exposed? I guess.

That's why it's all on Chris.

I personally dislike him (not hate) and his music and find the hate towards Gwyneth Paltrow from the CP fangirls unnecessary and ridiculous.

I don't hate them though, and I'm in no way jealous (really? Jealousy?). I liked them for a fair amount of time but my dislike towards Martin grew so much that I can't stand his voice anymore.

Plus they're jealous, of course.:smug:

Of course :rolleyes:

Who's always in the spotlight? Chris.

Who married dat actress? Chris.

Who's hanging out with the "cool" (lol srsly) musicians? Chris.

The rest of the band aren't really that.. exposed? I guess.

That's why it's all on Chris.

I personally dislike him (not hate) and his music and find the hate towards Gwyneth Paltrow from the CP fangirls unnecessary and ridiculous.

I don't hate them though, and I'm in no way jealous (really? Jealousy?). I liked them for a fair amount of time but my dislike towards Martin grew so much that I can't stand his voice anymore.

Now I know why I'm constantly inclined to feel hostile towards you...

Now I know why I'm constantly inclined to feel hostile towards you...

I didn't even insult them. In every topic there will always be more than one opinion, if you're so narrow minded to believe that there should only be good opinions about them then I am deeply sorry for you.

I stated my opinion as a non fan, non hater, cos I honestly don't hate them. It's incredibly boring to see every single post as "They're awesome, people are dicks" cos it doesn't really work like that. It is impossible for a band to be loved by every single person in the world.

This is why I'm constantly inclined to be anything but happy in your presence. Not because you don't like Chris, but because of coments like that.

42 to you too.

Can I cry now? :(

You 42'd me. I'm shit!

Do you think I honestly care about your feelings towards me? No. I think you're giving me too much attention, or any other "haters". Coldplay isn't the best band for everyone, so you should just start understanding that reality.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Back to the OP - I wouldn't get upset or irritated about it. Clearly the sites you read these stories from are not worth your time reading. It's the nature of this world today I'm afraid. It really is a non topic.

only to have it dismissed by narrow minded individuals

The "narrow-minded individuals" are the ones who seem to find it necessary to waste their time slagging off Chris and Coldplay on a forum designed for Coldplay fans.

You'd think they'd have something better to do with their time.:dozey:

The "narrow-minded individuals" are the ones who seem to find it necessary to waste their time slagging off Chris and Coldplay on a forum designed for Coldplay fans.

You'd think they'd have something better to do with their time.:dozey:

This is the first time in months that I've come to this part of the forum to actually express my opinion about them in an honest way, not in a "bully" way.

Why would I bother? You always do that. Dismiss any opinion that doesn't look similar to yours. That's just sad. I understand if someone loves them, but not if someone can't accept they've got people who just don't like them.

But yes, I'm wasting my time with people like you. If there's anyone else just like you.