✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why So Much Hate for Chris and Coldplay?

kittybitty

The point is that someone asked me to post my opinion, then he comes and tries to justify his attitude, which wasn't something I cared about.

I don't know if it makes sense at all.

Also I can't actually take him seriously when he can insult other people all he wants but Bono and Coldplay are untouchable =D

it makes sense. i just thought it was a bit unfair of you to simply dismiss what he said, since it seems like he was just trying to carry on a discussion and his argument was valid and such.

and honestly, i didn't really read his other posts. :P

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right there is no excuse, but unfortunately, that's Gwyneth's battle to fight and only she can stand up for herself in that particular situation. Anyone who follows anything or anyone blindly is not thinking critically. And the expectation that Chris is perfect, or anyone for that matter, is irrational.

I don't trust those press people because they spin stories however they want to (the yellow press that is).

Guest howyousawtheworld
The point is that someone asked me to post my opinion, then he comes and tries to justify his attitude, which wasn't something I cared about.

I don't know if it makes sense at all.

Also I can't actually take him seriously when he can insult other people all he wants but Bono and Coldplay are untouchable =D

Insult people? You're making things up again aren't you.

Why post this thread if you don't want to read what people say? You've got to justify what you say and that is something you simply cannot do.

All you have in place is immaturity and petulance.

Why post this thread if you don't want to read what people say?

I assume you mean "in this thread", but good point nevertheless.

People, people don't get so butt hurt by people hating Chris Martin. Who cares? Chris doesn't give a shit. Why should we? I'm going to go on liking Coldplay's music.

Amen! :cool:

42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything. Therefore, whenever I am asked a question that I don't know the answer to, I say "42." It works well for situations that I don't know how to get out of, too.

Have you even read the book that that's from?

^that's the world of idiots for you :shrug: not much one can do to stop it. they're all like that because they are in denial. they are just saying these things either because the really do hate Coldplay's music or they don't want to face the truth: the fact that Coldplay is actually good music and that Chris is just that much better than them. they're all bullies looking for something to vent at.

42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything. Therefore, whenever I am asked a question that I don't know the answer to, I say "42." It works well for situations that I don't know how to get out of, too.

WHAT

I'm sorry, this is just too retarded. Your thinking process appears to be very dysfunctional that everything must relate to Coldplay, and everyone must suck their hairy sweaty balls until they splurt what is referred to as "new creative albums" out of their dong and all on the fans' faces. I am sorry, but that is not how the world works.

Also, that last post.... it works well in making people think you are a deranged idiot, sure. What's so wrong with saying "I don't know"?! But no, you have to try and be "clever" and fall flat on your face. Jeeeeeeez.

The "narrow-minded individuals" are the ones who seem to find it necessary to waste their time slagging off Chris and Coldplay on a forum designed for Coldplay fans.

You'd think they'd have something better to do with their time.:dozey:

not_this_shit_again.jpg

People, people don't get so butt hurt by people hating Chris Martin. Who cares? Chris doesn't give a shit. Why should we? I'm going to go on liking Coldplay's music.

^ I like this one. In fact, :hug:

Have you even read the book that that's from?

I own every book in that series, and I've read them each twice or more.

WHAT

I'm sorry, this is just too retarded. Your thinking process appears to be very dysfunctional that everything must relate to Coldplay, and everyone must suck their hairy sweaty balls until they splurt what is referred to as "new creative albums" out of their dong and all on the fans' faces. I am sorry, but that is not how the world works.

Also, that last post.... it works well in making people think you are a deranged idiot, sure. What's so wrong with saying "I don't know"?! But no, you have to try and be "clever" and fall flat on your face. Jeeeeeeez.

I never claimed to know how the world works or that I'm some insanely clever person. I'll do whatever I damn please, and if that includes being immature. The 42 I was referring to was not 42 as in the song, but instead it was a Hitchhikker's Guide to the Galaxy reference. And besides, with my 42 comment, I had not been asked a question. Therefore I could not answer with IDK.

Stop being like the American government and nosing your way into problems that don't concern you.

Have a nice day.

Generally there are a million and one reasons that people don't like him/them...many already discussed.

In terms of that article alone I can see the critisism to be honest, there's really no excuse for that kind of behaviour...I know he has issues with celebrity and press attention on his marriage, but to be rude and grumpy like that at a party in celebration of his wife and her achievements and in front of all her friends and famiy...

I am a fan of his, but I'm not a blind fan and yes he has been lovely when I've met him, but that doesn't mean he's perfect and that kind of behaviour in its various forms (storming out of interviews for example) certainly contributes to the negative opinion of him and the band.

:heart:

OMG SHUT UP.

I'm probably a hypocrite because I like Chris, and in interviews I respect his opinions ,agree with them, or I'm interested. In others or in the same, I cringe when he says lame ass things or jokes, etc.

Just like when in the picture thread, in some pictures I'm all :dazzled: And in others he looks just plain UGLEH.

There are some down moments, but.. up moments :thinking:

Good and bad, right and wrong.

Like Chris, the fans, the music, this thread and this whole forum.

^that's the world of idiots for you :shrug: not much one can do to stop it. they're all like that because they are in denial. they are just saying these things either because the really do hate Coldplay's music or they don't want to face the truth: the fact that Coldplay is actually good music and that Chris is just that much better than them. they're all bullies looking for something to vent at.

0006htgk

Insult people? You're making things up again aren't you.

Why post this thread if you don't want to read what people say? You've got to justify what you say and that is something you simply cannot do.

All you have in place is immaturity and petulance.

Everytime someone questions your 3 precious bands you do insult people. Not just me, though I couldn't care less if you insult my taste or me, it's fun.

I'm reading all the responses, but my post wasn't directed to you, and yet, you, as well as Mark, always feel the need to question and dismiss non CP fans' opinion about Coldplay in a demeaning way, or just you, Mark only liked to agree with posts and hardly ever comes with a good argument. You can never quite stablish a constructive discussion with the "arrogant, miserable, immature, low life ****s" we are. It's one thing for me to mock someone from time to time, and another to actually look for answers like right now.

Sometimes my mocking is well founded (at least in my opinion) when people say things like the one quoted in my signature or really outrageous stuff that doesn't even seem possible. I do respect if people love Coldplay so much to actually only stay in this part of the forum, a part I rarely visit/read.

While my intentions weren't mocking (and I actually don't give a crap if anyone believes me, cos I know I'm honest) I know this thread comes off as provocative, specially considering who made it. If I truly wanted to take the piss out of you I could have easily wrote something entirely different and actually provocative, like "Radiohead's balls is all Chris Martin wants to lick but sucks so much that he'll never be worthy of it". Did I do that? Nah.

Like always, your dislike for me distorts any possible interaction you could ever have with me, which is a shame since you, unlike Mark, can actually make good points and don't quite ignore what's being said to you.

If you think that my favorite singer is a miserable **** then good for you, it's lovely to see how hard you always try to bring him up to discussion, as if it was something that would offend me or any other fan. I don't quite express my opinion about Martin as often as you might think, and my mocking is directly towards comments like I've mentioned. Does that make me a bad person? Not necessarily, but sometimes comments are just funny. Would you actually respond immaturely with a "42" after you implied you want to hurt me cos I'm not a CP fan? I don't think so.

Will you call me a hypocrite after this post? I think you will, like I said, your judgement is clouded by the venom you feel everytime I make a CP related post.

Still, this thread was made in all honesty.

OMG ALEXA I'VE MET CHRIS 50 TIMES (for a sec though) AND HE WAS VERY NICE (he only said hi or whatever) SO I KNOW HIM PERFECTLY AND I KNOW HE'S ALWAYS NICE AND BLA BLA BLA

lol @fans thinking they really know any of the band members just because they saw them once or twice.

OMG ALEXA I'VE MET CHRIS 50 TIMES (for a sec though) AND HE WAS VERY NICE (he only said hi or whatever) SO I KNOW HIM PERFECTLY AND I KNOW HE'S ALWAYS NICE AND BLA BLA BLA

lol @fans thinking they really know any of the band members just because they saw them once or twice.

LORE I TOUCHED HIM FOR A SECOND AND GOT HIS SWEAT ON MY FINGERS, I KNOW HIM MORE.

LORE I TOUCHED HIM FOR A SECOND AND GOT HIS SWEAT ON MY FINGERS, I KNOW HIM MORE.

OH YEAH WELL ONCE I TOUCHED MATT DALLY FOR LIKE 10 SECONDS AND GOT HIS SWEAT ALL OVER MY HAND SO NOW I KNOW HIM MORE THAN ANYONE TAKE THAT :phu:

I mostly did it because shoving through to touch him with everyone else gave me an excuse to shove my way to the front though haha. :|

if it's not OK for people to like him based on just what they know from interviews and possibly if they've met him, then why is it OK for people to dislike him based on the same information?

i mean, i guess that's not exactly what you guys were trying to say, but still...

I think you can like what you know of him but can't assume he's perfect in every way just because you've seen a few interviews/meet him once or twice (specially when "meeting him" just means saying hi and asking for a pic). Also think haters who criticize everything about him are kinda wrong because they are just generalizing from one or two things they've seen/read but saying something in particular is annoying about him based for example in the info in this thread isn't a big deal really. And of course not liking something about Chris or any coldplay member doesn't makes you a hater as some people love to claim.

For me the annoying thing is that here you're called a hater or are asked to leave the site every time you say you dislike a certain album or etc. It's like being a fan means you must love everything about coldplay when honestly they are far from being perfect. Blind fans are so stupid.

if it's not OK for people to like him based on just what they know from interviews and possibly if they've met him, then why is it OK for people to dislike him based on the same information?

i mean, i guess that's not exactly what you guys were trying to say, but still...

In other words you're saying "double standards" are being indulged in, and of course, you're right.;)

I think you can like what you know of him but can't assume he's perfect in every way just because you've seen a few interviews/meet him once or twice (especially when "meeting him" just means saying hi and asking for a pic. Also think haters who criticize everything about him are kinda wrong because they are just generalizing from one or two things they've seen/read but saying something in particular is annoying about him based for example in the info in this thread isn't a big deal really.

sorry can't explain myself in english today :P

i think you explained yourself very well. :wacko:

and i do agree. no one is perfect, so it is ridiculous to think that he could be perfect anyway.

And of course not liking something about Chris or any coldplay member doesn't makes you a hater as some people love to claim.

For me the annoying thing is that here you're called a hater or are asked to leave the site every time you say you dislike a certain album or etc. It's like being a fan means you must love everything about coldplay when honestly they are far from being perfect. Blind fans are so stupid.

yeah, i guess some fans around here can get overly defensive.

although, sometimes it also seems like if you don't say critical things about Coldplay, then you're called a "blind fan" or fangirl or whatever.

but this is just the way i see it, though, because i will definitely admit that they are not perfect, but i do love mostly everything about them. :P

I think it's mocking a certain individual.

ah, i kinda figured. :P

i guess it's just that when people do mock others like that, i get worried that they might be referring to me as well. i'm just a paranoid person. :P

ah, i kinda figured. :P

i guess it's just that when people do mock others like that, i get worried that they might be referring to me as well. i'm just a paranoid person. :P

I haven't seen much of your posts but I can tell you're a way too different CP fan. I mean you're not over defensive, you're rational and keep an open mind.

But certain individuals are just ridiculous.