✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay endorse 'Freedom for Palestine' single on Facebook

Guest howyousawtheworld

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Osaka Sun
Hey Osaka Sun, I hope that wasn't directed at me, because I certainly didn't accuse anyone of anti Semitism. Also, am I to understand that you support both the Right to Return and Israel as the Jewish homeland? Cause those are pretty much contradictory (as I said in the previous post, I'm all for a two state solution, but this is not what the video - and apparently, Coldplay - are backing.)

Where is the video advocating the right to return? :stunned:

I'm particularly intrigued by Einstein's solution - a bi-national state still under the banner of Israel. Don't know if that can happen, but one can dream, right?

I'm particularly intrigued by Einstein's solution - a bi-national state still under the banner of Israel. Don't know if that can happen, but one can dream, right?

The groups behind the video stand for the right of return which is 'code' for the destruction of Israel.

Coldplay are not endorsing peace or a peaceful solution, they're endorsing one side's victory over the other.

As for a bi-national state - you're welcome to go and live in a majority Muslim country (as that is what Israel would then become in a bi-national state) but most Israelis that I met would not welcome national suicide as some European commentators from a safe distance suggest they should do.

Israel was created as 22% of the UN mandate of 'palestine'. Palestine was not a nation state. It was a geographical area of land under UN control, not run or governed by Palestinians (who throughout history have never had a country). 78% would go to the Arabs who later became 'palestinians'.

The Arabs refused and wanted 100%.

What can I tell you, they lost three wars they started and still complain of injustice. Like a mugger who keeps attempting to steal your phone only for you to punch him on the nose, then off he goes crying to the cops about his nose.

Zionist claptrap made up of lies and the distortion of history. Like the man who murdered his parents and pleaded for clemency on the grounds that he was an orphan.

People are not swallowing this any more. FREE FREE PALESTINE!!!

As I explained in my original post (which nobody bothered to read, it seems *sigh*. And I was being all eloquent!), this is one of the campaign aims according to the website. I also explained why a bi national state is a bad idea. The Jewish people need a homeland, as anyone who's had a history lesson in his life should know. The Palestinians should get one too - *alongside* the Jewish one.

Guest Osaka Sun

As for a bi-national state - you're welcome to go and live in a majority Muslim country (as that is what Israel would then become in a bi-national state) but most Israelis that I met would not welcome national suicide as some European commentators from a safe distance suggest they should do.

Israel was created as 22% of the UN mandate of 'palestine'. Palestine was not a nation state. It was a geographical area of land under UN control, not run or governed by Palestinians (who throughout history have never had a country). 78% would go to the Arabs who later became 'palestinians'.

The Arabs refused and wanted 100%.

What can I tell you, they lost three wars they started and still complain of injustice. Like a mugger who keeps attempting to steal your phone only for you to punch him on the nose, then off he goes crying to the cops about his nose.

Actually, no, not really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_Palestinian_territories

Proposed UN 1947 solution:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:UN_Partition_Plan_For_Palestine_1947.svg

Now:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/Is-wb-gs-gh_v3.png

I know a single-state solution won't happen, it's idealistic at best. And Ruqayyacp, enough with the Zionism crap. You're not helping anything out either.

Guest Osaka Sun
As I explained in my original post (which nobody bothered to read, it seems *sigh*. And I was being all eloquent!), this is one of the campaign aims according to the website...the Jewish people need a homeland, as anyone who's had a history lesson in his life should know. The Palestinians should get one too - *alongside* the Jewish one.

Yet you also have these groups involved:

http://www.greenbelt.org.uk/

http://jfjfp.com/?page_id=2

http://www.icahd.org/?page_id=68

http://www.justpeaceforpalestine.org/peace_what_we_stand_for_4580.aspx

http://www.foa.org.uk/about

Nothing there saying "GTFO Israel from the Middle East."

The best thing for the band is to just clarify their position so everyone can get on with their lives.

Not sure why you're arguing the demographics case. Over 20% of Israel's population is Arab and there's millions of palestinians who could get into Israel if Coldplay's ideas came true.

As for the partition plan, I should clarify that under the BRITISH mandate they proposed 22% to Jews and 78% to Arabs. Modern day Jordan would have been part of Palestine if they had not gone to war - so your map is of the wrong era.

Essentially, modern day Jordan (called Transjordan back in those days) is Palestine.

The best thing for the band is to just clarify their position so everyone can get on with their lives.

I agree, but to be honest, I very much doubt they have one - in fact, I'll bet they don't even know what the Right to Return is. Not that I blame them - I know practically nothing about the Troubles in Northern Ireland, for example. But that's why I don't make statements about them.

Blueberry girl - The Palestinians HAD a homeland - they just want it back.

Osaka Sun - enough of telling me what I can or cannot say. You'll be saying that anti-Zionism = anti-semitism next, which is ironic when you realise that the Palestinians are more semitic than the settlers who migrated from Europe and the US.

Osaka Sun - enough of telling me what I can or cannot say. You'll be saying that anti-Zionism = anti-semitism next, which is ironic when you realise that the Palestinians are more semitic than the settlers who migrated from Europe and the US.

jesus you can talk shit its uncanny

Er. Maybe I was wrong to say this wouldn't be news. Just searched Coldplay on twitter expecting excitement/news about ETIAW. At least 50% of the tweets are about this, most of them wrongly claiming Coldplay is somehow involved in the making of the song (and even in a Jihad against Israel. :lol:)

Guest Osaka Sun

:laugh3:...If you take the time to read the last page you could see that I'm very critical of Israel's actions and how Zionists equate that to be anti-semitic. Just don't go all Alex Jones saying it's some kind of Jewish conspiracy to take over the world, that's all.

And speaking of the Troubles in Ireland, there are some similarities, actually. People want civil rights from the British, IRA/UDA gain political power, and then a certain massacre shocks the world.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFM7Ty1EEvs]YouTube - ‪U2 - Bloody Sunday‬‏[/ame]

:guitarist:

Guest Osaka Sun
Now you're just putting words into my mouth - I never mentioned anything like "Jews wanting to take over the world"!

"Zionist claptrap made up of lies and the distortion of history."

EDIT: Actually, yeah, over-exaggerated a bit, sorry. I've just seen the word endlessly thrown out everywhere that it's almost a knee-jerk reaction (aka. "Jews did 9/11").

Nah, not having that. "Over-exaggerated a bit"??? Made-up a lot, I'd say. Anyway, I'm not arguing any more, and should not have allowed myself to get dragged in. I came to make a point in defence of Coldplay.

I will just say to Lutzno - You need to learn how to debate without making personal and insulting remarks to those you disagree with. It is not funny or clever, just silly.

At no point in the history of this world, have Palestinians had a country or state.

At no point in the history of this world, have Palestinians governed their own territory (until Israel gave them autonomy)

At no point in the history of this world, have Palestinians or any Arabs had Jerusalem as their capital.

These are simply irrefutable historical facts.

Er. Maybe I was wrong to say this wouldn't be news. Just searched Coldplay on twitter expecting excitement/news about ETIAW. At least 50% of the tweets are about this, most of them wrongly claiming Coldplay is somehow involved in the making of the song (and even in a Jihad against Israel. :lol:)

Well, the groups behind the song all support the right of return which as explained already, is a euphemism the Arabs use for the destruction of Israel. i.e. by overpopulating Israel with Arabs to outnumber the Jews.

So Coldplay have given their backing to this which is very disappointing.

Especially as you'd have thought his wife who has Jewish connections and named her son MOSES might have something to say about it.

Does Chris Martin know who Moses was?

it's just e video of some of their friends are involved in such an action, they can't act as what we like or what we think is true , they are complete adults, having their own beliefs and thoughts that may be true or not but 4 sure they have searched about it,

and in this specific case it's not a question of hammas or Netanyahu or any other fool person or group; it's a question of humanity, Coldplay and Chris Martin and whoever can explicitly state their idea,,,

and at last if you see the flag under my name, it's Iran, Persia; don't want to insult any tribe but I'm not Arab anyway,,,

sorry for poor english

At no point in the history of this world, have Palestinians had a country or state.

At no point in the history of this world, have Palestinians governed their own territory (until Israel gave them autonomy)

At no point in the history of this world, have Palestinians or any Arabs had Jerusalem as their capital.

These are simply irrefutable historical facts.

we have two hundred and ... countries around the world, what are you talking about man...?

I'm not Palestinian and I don't want to defend them since they have for sure big mistakes but I know Israel and Zionism will not let me freely fly in my own blue sky,,,

Guys, the Jewish people is the greatest on earth for the people they have given, but I think we need to find a solution to the horror, I do not know what it is, I have not thought about it. I always thought that Chris is Jew by his name and talent.

I'm so sorry for the pain that causes you, love, maria

+++

I think Maria had the best opinion toward this issue,,,