✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay endorse 'Freedom for Palestine' single on Facebook

Guest howyousawtheworld

It is much harder than it looks I really feel bad now ...

I just can not not love Coldplay I'm connected to them but they hurt ... And after I found out I stayed almost alone

And they shall come no longer to my country

Well one day is not easy ...

I just have the exact bad and bad and bad feeling once I heard sth bad (in my opinion) about Chris (probably from sth opposite of why you are disappointed), I think that would be the end of my lovely lovely Coldplay and I thought all those good feelings and days have came to the very very bad ending but,,,

Time goes on my friend and wounds will heal....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am so proud of coldplay. soooooo proud of them. ever since i fell in love w/ them, i always wanted to know their opinions on palestine, & i love them just 1000000000 times more since i know they support a truly humanitarian cause, wanting peace and justice for the palestinian people.

i can't emphasize this enough, pro-palestine DOES NOT MEAN anti-jews.

i love you coldplay. i love you so much i can't even measure it. you stick to your convictions, and that just makes you incredible.

Blueberry girl - The Palestinians HAD a homeland - they just want it back.

The details are debatable, but let's say they did. I'm all for giving them part of it back, but unless you have another homeland for us (you see anybody volunteering to give us some land?), I think we're staying put.

The details are debatable, but let's say they did. I'm all for giving them part of it back, but unless you have another homeland for us (you see anybody volunteering to give us some land?), I think we're staying put.

I've always felt that because Jerusalem and the surrounding area is very important to three major religions, it would be wiser to declare it a state called "the Holy Land", and set up a power sharing democratic government for all the inhabitants, with strong guarantees for religious freedom, respect for human rights regardless of culture or religious affiliation, and economic opportunity for all. Maybe in time this will happen - it seems like a better alternative than the continuous struggle for control.

At present this ideal has yet to be realized, so for the land issues, I think what can be returned back to the 1967 borders agreed upon by the U.N. should be, and for what cannot be returned, then those families should be fairly compensated for the loss of their land and homes. Land swaps, mutually agreed upon, would work well to correct the mistakes of the past.

The route to real security is through mutual respect, fair dealings, and economic justice. If the Palestinians are treated respectfully and have fair economic opportunity, there will come eventual peace. What we see in others is a reflection of our own actions; let us not be rivals, but rather be brothers and sisters to one another.

History

The groups behind the video stand for the right of return which is 'code' for the destruction of Israel.

Coldplay are not endorsing peace or a peaceful solution, they're endorsing one side's victory over the other.

As for a bi-national state - you're welcome to go and live in a majority Muslim country (as that is what Israel would then become in a bi-national state) but most Israelis that I met would not welcome national suicide as some European commentators from a safe distance suggest they should do.

Israel was created as 22% of the UN mandate of 'palestine'. Palestine was not a nation state. It was a geographical area of land under UN control, not run or governed by Palestinians (who throughout history have never had a country). 78% would go to the Arabs who later became 'palestinians'.

The Arabs refused and wanted 100%.

What can I tell you, they lost three wars they started and still complain of injustice. Like a mugger who keeps attempting to steal your phone only for you to punch him on the nose, then off he goes crying to the cops about his nose.

Balfour Declaration. THANK YOU for pointing this out.

Future

I've always felt that because Jerusalem and the surrounding area is very important to three major religions, it would be wiser to declare it a state called "the Holy Land", and set up a power sharing democratic government for all the inhabitants, with strong guarantees for religious freedom, respect for human rights regardless of culture or religious affiliation, and economic opportunity for all. Maybe in time this will happen - it seems like a better alternative than the continuous struggle for control.

At present this ideal has yet to be realized, so for the land issues, I think what can be returned back to the 1967 borders agreed upon by the U.N. should be, and for what cannot be returned, then those families should be fairly compensated for the loss of their land and homes.

The route to real security is through mutual respect, fair dealings, and economic justice. If the Palestinians are treated respectfully and have fair economic opportunity, there will come eventual peace. What we see in others is a reflection of our own actions; let us not be rivals, but rather be brothers and sisters to one another.

On paper, this looks great. I know. A land where the three big religions can abide peacefully... And it may happen one day for a few years... But only for a few. I speak of this Biblically, though. If peace were to ever come in Israel and harmony was to break out amongst the groups, biblically speaking, that means the end is near and I'd be getting ready for the end. Then again, I understand not everyone believes the Scriptures and I will not force that on anyone, but it's something to keep in mind. If peace ever comes to Israel, in 3 1/2 years time, take note of if it remains peaceful or if chaos breaks out. Just something to hold onto for future reference, regardless of belief. I didn't believe we would be raptured on May 21st 2011, but I still kept it in mind to see what would happen (nothing at all). I'm just promoting that the same concept be applied with this situation. It would be interesting.

Brotherhood is very important, but in a world full of brothers and sisters, sometimes we seem to forget who our brothers and sisters are and, instead, look to our own personal interests and gains. Love is the key to the survival of mankind. If we don't love, we won't live. What does that have to do with Coldplay? Well... Not much, really. But I just hope this is a political move and not a personal one by them. They were supporting the song, after all, due to a number of their friends being in it...

I just have the exact bad and bad and bad feeling once I heard sth bad (in my opinion) about Chris (probably from sth opposite of why you are disappointed), I think that would be the end of my lovely lovely Coldplay and I thought all those good feelings and days have came to the very very bad ending but,,,

Time goes on my friend and wounds will heal....

Man really difficult situation in the country now Coldplay really disappointed people curse me because I still love them :(

Can be wounds heal but it will take a long time

A true fan to see his friends were throwing discs destroy this very difficult and that's what happened to me :( :cry::cry::cry::cry:

we have two hundred and ... countries around the world, what are you talking about man...?

I'm not Palestinian and I don't want to defend them since they have for sure big mistakes but I know Israel and Zionism will not let me freely fly in my own blue sky,,,

Oh wait, you're Iranian.

Iran - a country which declared 'death to Israel' in 1979 for no other reason than on religious grounds.

I've always felt that because Jerusalem and the surrounding area is very important to three major religions, it would be wiser to declare it a state called "the Holy Land", and set up a power sharing democratic government for all the inhabitants,

A bit of research would have shown you that the UN partition plan made Jerusalem an international city under the control of the UN.

The Jews agreed to this, the Arabs refused and went to war. A war which they lost.

coldplay♪♫♪ - you're overreacting a little bit. Relax :).

At present this ideal has yet to be realized, so for the land issues, I think what can be returned back to the 1967 borders agreed upon by the U.N. should be, and for what cannot be returned, then those families should be fairly compensated for the loss of their land and homes. Land swaps, mutually agreed upon, would work well to correct the mistakes of the past.

No arguments from me on any of these points, but trust me - easier said than done. Much, much easier.

*sigh* I'm disappointed about this. I'm not going to tell my parents, because they would most likely boycott the band, sadly.

I'm VERY much in support of a two-state solution, always have been and always will be. Palestinians have been treated as poorly throughout history as Jews. However, there doesn't seem to be enough info on this campaign for me to support it... There's barely any info on that site, which is very misleading. I can't tell if it's going for a two-state solution, but it doesn't seem to be. In that case, I can't support it. I support the creation of a Palestinian state, but not at the cost of Israel.

Noway, it likes Glenn Beck.

speaking of mr. beck, check this out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVg7XV1AOu0]YouTube - ‪Freedom for Palestine Nazi Style Coldplay Terror Propoganda‬‏[/ame]

complete with a good cry at the end!

he does mention coldplay but i don't think he calls them any names, he does claim the makers of the video are 'being used as useful idiots' though

This will probably offend some people....fair warning.....

If you have the same opinion as Glenn Beck about anything, you should probably check to make sure your brain is functioning properly. Just saying.

Also, the cause they are supporting is not trying to bring harm to Israel in any way. It's just a desire for both sides to be at peace. Some of the views here are CLEARLY biased, and I wouldn't doubt that this has something to do with government propaganda.

This will probably offend some people....fair warning.....

If you have the same opinion as Glenn Beck about anything, you should probably check to make sure your brain is functioning properly. Just saying.

Also, the cause they are supporting is not trying to bring harm to Israel in any way. It's just a desire for both sides to be at peace. Some of the views here are CLEARLY biased, and I wouldn't doubt that this has something to do with government propaganda.

I agree with you.

a lot of American seem to be more sympathic to Isarel and think that all Palestinians are terrorist it's really sad :(

I don't know if they'll be welcome in Israel anytime soon. I'd have preferred for them not to do this but they have so that is just that.

Gorillaz perhaps isn't allowed in israel because they have been in Lebanon

(There is a rule for Lebanon and israel: any person who has been to israel cannot enter Lebanon and if he does he goes to jail for more than a year!!The same is applied in israel)

Coldplay please do it but not in Israel!!!