✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Positive ETIAW Thread

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a quote by Adam Levine, the guy from Maroon 5

"When a healthy percentage of your fans hate your "New Direction" I can't help but think we're doing something right."

So true. I am a big Beatles fan and when Sgt. Pepper, now widely regarded as the best album ever made, was released it was met with much criticism and many complained about their "new sound". Obviously though those people soon faded away into oblivion.

And I believe that you're wrong here.

I don't know why I even bother, but if you can give me one good reason why this song as a whole is a good musical arrangement other than your "It's up-beat and good for the summer", then we'll talk again.

I read a quote by Adam Levine, the guy from Maroon 5

"When a healthy percentage of your fans hate your "New Direction" I can't help but think we're doing something right."

So true. I am a big Beatles fan and when Sgt. Pepper, now widely regarded as the best album ever made, was released it was met with much criticism and many complained about their "new sound". Obviously though those people soon faded away into oblivion.

Coldplay is not the Beatles though, that's what you're forgetting.

Imke, I don't know why I have to give you any reason? Its your opinion, its ok for me but I just see different. And I just wanted to state that. Wasting time isn't one of my favorite leisure activities so I won't give you any reason to think different about ETIAW - I'm sure you are very biased (like me) so its definitely a waste of time for me...

Then why are you wasting your time trying to convince each and everyone of how great this song is?! That is exactly what you are doing.

The reason why I confront you is because I'm a stubborn person and sometimes I have problems keeping my mouth shut although I shouldn't waste my time, but your attitude is quite simply arrogant and know-it-all, not your opinion, your ATTITUDE.

Think about that for a change. Now I'm out of this thread.

Then why are you wasting your time trying to convince each and everyone of how great this song is?! That is exactly what you are doing.

The reason why I confront you is because I'm a stubborn person and sometimes I have problems keeping my mouth shut although I shouldn't waste my time, but your attitude is quite simply arrogant and know-it-all, not your opinion, your ATTITUDE.

This!

Major_Love, everyone knows what you think of the new stuff.

You haven't left out a single opportunity to let everyone know!

Now please do also accept that not everyone simply has to agree.

You won't change people's feelings, no matter how hard you try.

Please?

Look at the title of this thread:

"THE POSITIVE ETIAW THREAD" - I don't want to convince some people, this is in first order a place for the ones who like the new song.

I ask you what you are doing here?!

Look at my postings - I just share some emotions and situations I had while listening to the song.

Its childish to leave the room now, but thats just the way how you present yourself.

This!

Major_Love, everyone knows what you think of the new stuff.

You haven't left out a single opportunity to let everyone know!

Now please do also accept that not everyone simply has to agree.

You won't change people's feelings, no matter how hard you try.

Look at the posting below.

This is a room for the ones who like the song, so please what do you want from me?

Imke had to post her opinion in other threads like "the negative ETIAW thread" - that would have been better.

It was she who said that the musical quality of the song is crappy - it wasn't her opinion it was a general statement. THIS is arrogant but the same time she said to me I am arrogant.

And I gave my opinion in all the threads where there was the discussion about the "good old" vs. the "crappy new" stuff and I know that I can express my point of view here.

*points to "mod.gif" under her user name*

Yes, even we have opinions and feelings we can't hide all the time. :kiss:

Thats not the problem but hopefully you can understand why I don't understand that she said I want to convince people - look at the title. Primary its for people who like the song and nobody should be suprised if there are many positive situations or postings about ETIAW.

But with regard to your signatur and the way how mods collaborate in this forum I'm not surprised about your attitude towards the debate.

Its okay for me...I'm going to read the new roadie...

I am kinda with Major on this one...I can understand the thread was created to share positive impressions on ETIAW as clearly a lot of negative opinions were already posted. That said, I find it baffling to say the least that people can not state their opinion without belittling others. I am afraid to break it to anyone out there but there is no truth when it comes to music taste: just opinions. So let´s respect one another. If we can not do that in a forum for Coldplay lovers, where else can we? We Coldplay fans are often abused enough elsewhere, don´t you think? :)

I have no problem when she say that she doesn't like the song and believe that there isn't any musical quality. But I hate it when people truely think that there is only their opinion and no room for other points of view.

Consequently I said to her:" I THINK you are wrong".

I wish people would stop comparing anyone to the Beatles. As a band they found themselves in a time where pop musical territory was unexplored and set out to revolutionize music as we know it. No modern band can ever have that advantage again. That said, any band that boldly reinvents itself can be rightly compared to the Beatles and I think Coldplay continue to be very very brave.

I wish people would stop comparing anyone to the Beatles. As a band they found themselves in a time where pop musical territory was unexplored and set out to revolutionize music as we know it. No modern band can ever have that advantage again. That said, any band that boldly reinvents itself can be rightly compared to the Beatles and I think Coldplay continue to be very very brave.

yeah thats exactly what I mean, none of Coldplays albums have been the same

• 1 month later...