✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Positive ETIAW Thread

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave it a 5 or 6 earlier. But here's pretty much the best thing I can say about it. My day turned out to be pretty shitty, and listening to the song just now made it miles better. It does have that quality of making you feel good, if you can let go of your pretensions for four minutes and have fun.

Thank you for making this thread :)

im gonna hang out here for a while now. Although I did make some criticism about the song, i still do like it and im listening to it to let it grow on me. I need to read a positive thread to help me focus on the positives :D

Don't be ashamed if you like it.

Honestly I like it less and less everytime I listen to it, so I'll save my positive comments for the rest of the songs. I still think the live version will be fun but that's all I can say about the song :blank:

:) This song is so UP it's fantastic. Perhaps it is affecting people in a similar way to one of those annoying guys who walks into the room when you're feeling down and says "Cheer up, it can't be that bad". I know that doesn't always work :)

Eeeehmm look at the rating results!

The GREAT majority give ETIAW 7-10 points and this is absolutely ok.

Or better: Look at the start page of coldplaying and this poll: The great majority give ETIAW 10 (!!!) points!

So the thread must be: The negative ETIAW - because its prooved, that the majority really like the song.

Exactly, this morning I was almost afraid to post that I liked it. :uhoh:

But I feel bad that Debs and whoever else is reading our posts are going to be put down by all the negativity, so we need to show them that there are many of us who are enjoying it!

Well debs already read them :(

Which made me feel like crap! I was criticising the song too :( and I think I sounded like I hated the song which I dnt! I just think its ok song. Its growing on me though. Just that I was focusing on the negatives of the song a lot. And I was scared of the new era. But im going to give it a second chance :D

^Is that something you're telling yourself to avoid the fact that it's not that good?

??? Look at the results!

This song is brilliant.

I enjoy every listen to it.

And its not important for me what others say.

If I like a song I like him...

haha that's why I read the username next to the posts, because some people will praise the song even if it's just chris burping (haha just reminded someone said this a few days ago).

The opinions aren't really that positive. Lots of people disliked the song

??? Look at the results!

This song is brilliant.

I enjoy every listen to it.

And its not important for me what others say.

If I like a song I like him...

haha yeah, numbers represent awesomeness. Rebecca Black then, must be awesome cos she got almost 160 million views right?

Like so many fans say CP are the biggest cos they got 1 billion fans on FB. BIG LOL.

From what I can see even the people who like it, it's like they want to like it, for example this is a thread that focuses on positive elements of the song and the only compliments so far is that it makes people feel good, nobody has mentioned lyrics, progression, the vocals, bass/guitar/drum parts, it's just made you feel good.

And the reason it's made you feel good is because it's Coldplay and it's familiarity.

I think the song is the sound of four people playing very tightly together and is actually a magnificent celebration song. If it is indeed the last song on the album, what a great way to end what could still be a rather intimate affair (we have heard only ONE song!). Also, in understanding Chris' statement about making a final push to be the biggest band in the world, I think they have succeeded in making an organic sounding, yet large, pop song along the lines of U2.

Love the energy, and am completely intrigued by their promotion (or lack thereof) for the album. Bands get tired of their tour/record cycle and want to switch up their sound and their strategy. They have redesigned everything, from stage, to clothes, to sound, and haven't spoken one word about it like in previous campaigns. They dont need to repeat themselves or build hype after months of magazines and reporters living with them at the studio in building to the album release. They will simply let the music speak for itself. When a band the size of Coldplay say they want an album to come out with less fan fair, it's hard to imagine how, but somehow, in typical Coldplay style, they have achieved just that. A large affair without any fan fair! Kanye tried this promotion style with his last album and in some respects it failed, the gamble didn't work out with regards to album sales. But Google Coldplay and see how many sites are making the story up for the band. They haven't had to do interviews with anyone and yet EVERY music source is writing long articles about the new single and forthcoming album. They are already getting all the promotion they need. It will be interesting to see if this works out for Coldplay.

I hope it does. Good job boys. Haters gon hate!

haha that's why I read the username next to the posts, because some people will praise the song even if it's just chris burping (haha just reminded someone said this a few days ago).

The opinions aren't really that positive. Lots of people disliked the song

That's funny u used that as an example.

That was me, someone told me that I would love anything they did even if they did a song burping :lol: I still think it would be an interesting song to hear! And I can't imagine the sing along for that :P

I think the song is the sound of four people playing very tightly together and is actually a magnificent celebration song. If it is indeed the last song on the album, what a great way to end what could still be a rather intimate affair (we have heard only ONE song!). Also, in understanding Chris' statement about making a final push to be the biggest band in the world, I think they have succeeded in making an organic sounding, yet large, pop song along the lines of U2.

Love the energy, and am completely intrigued by their promotion (or lack thereof) for the album. Bands get tired of their tour/record cycle and want to switch up their sound and their strategy. They have redesigned everything, from stage, to clothes, to sound, and haven't spoken one word about it like in previous campaigns. They dont need to repeat themselves or build hype after months of magazines and reporters living with them at the studio in building to the album release. They will simply let the music speak for itself. When a band the size of Coldplay say they want an album to come out with less fan fair, it's hard to imagine how, but somehow, in typical Coldplay style, they have achieved just that. A large affair without any fan fair! Kanye tried this promotion style with his last album and in some respects it failed, the gamble didn't work out with regards to album sales. But Google Coldplay and see how many sites are making the story up for the band. They haven't had to do interviews with anyone and yet EVERY music source is writing long articles about the new single and forthcoming album. They are already getting all the promotion they need. It will be interesting to see if this works out for Coldplay.

I hope it does. Good job boys. Haters gon hate!

what a long post and you just said that ETIAW is a happy song :lol:

Well they're having a lot of attention but the media isn't actually being that nice. I don't think that's good for them.

That's funny u used that as an example.

That was me, someone told me that I would love anything they did even if they did a song burping :lol: I still think it would be an interesting song to hear! And I can't imagine the sing along for that :P

I remember it was you :P

The results still don't make it a good song.

And if you don't care that much what others say, then why do you keep trying to convert everyone and tell us we're wrong?

You say that ETIAW is a bad song, but why so many like it?!

Its ok for me if someone don't like the track but it just false that we have a "positiv ETIAW"-thread because it says indirectly that nobody loves the song.

But the results show a other picture than you always create.

Why your voice is more worth than others?

So if I take a look at the poll I just can't understand this thread, because most of us seems to like the new song at least in way. For guys like you we need a special thread in which you can critizice ETIAW all day long.

I didn't want to say: Look at the poll, so youre wrong when you say its a bad song. But I don't check why we have such a thread!

EDIT. And the media gives mostly positive reactions.