✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Positive ETIAW Thread

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the live version from Germany the best, and the way it is produced with the sounds standing out more. They should put that one one the CD or one sounds like that one.

Why is Chris wearing his guitar very high up on his body? He should wear it lower because it looks much better and cooler, like he used to.

I love the background singing :heart::heart::heart:

OUUUUUUUUUUU :dance:

Cathedrals in my heart[/color][/b]

Do we need say more? this is a pure expression of passion and love. Just try to picture it

yes I can totally picture this and it gives such an utterly joyous imagery and feeling like now my feet wont touch the ground after listening to it :heart:

So I'm majorly late to this thread but I do love the song, therefore this is the right place for me.

It may not be their best lyrically etc but it's a good upbeat song which live, sounds great and should get the crowd going. I will admit, it's grown on me A LOT since the first listen. I was a bit worried at first about the direction they seemed to be taking. After properly giving this a chance and hearing some of the new tracks they've been doing live, my excitement for LP5 has returned!

I don't like to start comparing new stuff to previous work before I've even heard it properly, so I'll wait for the album and then decide if I prefer the new style or old.

Yeah, I LIKE ETIAW!! :D

So I'm majorly late to this thread but I do love the song, therefore this is the right place for me.

It may not be their best lyrically etc but it's a good upbeat song which live, sounds great and should get the crowd going. I will admit, it's grown on me A LOT since the first listen. I was a bit worried at first about the direction they seemed to be taking. After properly giving this a chance and hearing some of the new tracks they've been doing live, my excitement for LP5 has returned!

I don't like to start comparing new stuff to previous work before I've even heard it properly, so I'll wait for the album and then decide if I prefer the new style or old.

Yeah, I LIKE ETIAW!! :D

^^^^^^^ this :dance: :dance:

So I can't stop listening to ETIAW! It's already on my Top 25 Most Played playlist on my iPod and in iTunes.

After listening to it that much, a couple of things really stand out to me.

First, I think it's really rather bold of the boys to release a single that doesn't have a chorus. A chorus is the hook--it's what draws the listener in and makes a song memorable. The closest thing to a chorus in Teardrop is Jonny's guitar solo. Yet ETIAW is already extremely successful. Here in the US it's already become Coldplay's third most successful single.

Second, Jonny's repeated riff is what really stands out to me after so many listens and what keeps me coming back. Not the main riff that acts like a chorus. What I'm talking about you can first start to hear at the 1:13 mark (it runs from about 1:13-1:15), and then repeats every few measures for the rest of the song. It's a very simple riff, but I find it entrancing for some reason.

Maybe I'm in the black, Maybe I'm on my knees; You can hurt, hurt me bad, But still I raise the flag! :drummer: :dance: :dance:

I like the live version from Germany the best, and the way it is produced with the sounds standing out more[/color]. They should put that one one the CD or one sounds like that one.

Why is Chris wearing his guitar very high up on his body? He should wear it lower because it looks much better and cooler, like he used to.

yes and this is the best version the Rocck IM and the best part is 3:05 until the end

tumblr_lml7syqDox1qe8i4y.gif

tumblr_lmatlnFaYU1qfvfb9.gif

tumblr_lmat6jzeIS1qfvfb9.gif

tumblr_lmatteEIzl1qfvfb9.gif

I like the live version from Germany the best, and the way it is produced with the sounds standing out more. They should put that one one the CD or one sounds like that one.

I don't know if you've ever played guitar standing, but it's hard to find the right hight to still be able to play the chords properly, especially barree chords. Although Chris does have a lot larger hands than I have so I suppose it doesn't matter as much for him:P

But the reason is probably that it plays comfortably.

k2nw2u.jpg

DEAL WITH IT !!!!!!!!

David :heart: Love that whole episode :lol:

I admire your bravery my fellow Coldplayer. :) Especially considering all the things people have been saying about it for the last month. I really don't think it's half as bad as some people to make it out to be. ;P And no one should have a thread with 0 replies. Seriously. That's bunk.