✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Positive ETIAW Thread

Unfortunately, the vast majority aren't as coherent as you. Forgive me I've been drinking, but I can't remember this website featuring entire threads dedicated to insulting others for their beliefs. Surely, no one dislikes it purely to insult others, however, their continued presence on this forum is a testament to the fact that many just feel like lashing out because they somehow feel let down. I'm just asking that they fuck off to another venue an not ruin the forum for the rest of us.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, the vast majority aren't as coherent as you. Forgive me I've been drinking,

haha, sorry, I'm so tempted to sig this.

Surely, no one dislikes it purely to insult others,

agreed.
however, their continued presence on this forum is a testament to the fact that many just feel like lashing out because they somehow feel let down.
exactly.
I'm just asking that they fuck off to another venue an not ruin the forum for the rest of us.

This is what I don't understand. How is disliking a song ruining the forum? The very fact that so many coldplay fans have negative opinions toward the song illustrates that you might me the minority in this case, and thus have no right to argue that you should have a privileged position on this forum.

haha, sorry, I'm so tempted to sig this.

agreed. exactly.

This is what I don't understand. How is disliking a song ruining the forum? The very fact that so many coldplay fans have negative opinions toward the song illustrates that you might me the minority in this case, and thus have no right to argue that you should have a privileged position on this forum.

Please do make it your sig if you wish. I am no apologist, the song isn't the best, but it's still not terrible if you approach it with an open mind. All I am asking for is a bit of decorum, this forum used to be all warm and fuzzy. There is nothing wrong with expressing a dissenting opinion, however, the manner in which most of the people who don't like the song are acting is positively disgraceful. Insulting and degrading one another over one song is shameful. I know I sound like someone's mother but I'm honestly more disappointed in this forum than I am with the song.

ETIAW is incredible live! There is so much energy in the performance, and they all really seem to love the song. Chris kept smiling and even Guy (who I always find looks very serious on stage!) seemed really into it. It makes it an even better performance when the band is excited about what they are playing!

Since it's been released, I've listened to Live 2003 a couple of times, Rock Am Ring live yesterday evening and ETIAW - in other words, I've listened to ETIAW probably more times than would be recommended, but I still love it!

I don't think I'llever set my virtual foot in the negative ETIAW thread!

Compared to some of the older songs, I think ETIAW stands proud in the Coldplay catalogue... To me there's real passion, and happiness for life that inspires this track, which makes it really enjoyable.

I think the track could do without the bit that was sampled... But it goes well with the track, it doesn't remove anything from it. If Chris wrote ETIAW or was inspired to write after hearing the original song, it makes some sense to include the sampling. That said, I'd like to hear an official version without it.

I'm watching the Rock am Ring concert again (it took me 6 hours to download!) and I'm definitely looking forward to Every Teardrop is a Waterfall!!

ETIAW is incredible live! There is so much energy in the performance, and they all really seem to love the song. Chris kept smiling and even Guy (who I always find looks very serious on stage!) seemed really into it. It makes it an even better performance when the band is excited about what they are playing!

I completely agree with you. Like you, I noticed how Chris was so into it while singing the song. The song was a perfect closer to the show. :D

I'm really, really baffled by everyone's negativity towards it. Sure, it's very radio friendly, but it's also bloody fantastic. Very uplifting and happy, which in my eyes is a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I love my For You/Scientist/Everything's Not Lost Coldplay but ETIAW is one hell of a song

I'm really, really baffled by everyone's negativity towards it. Sure, it's very radio friendly, but it's also bloody fantastic. Very uplifting and happy, which in my eyes is a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I love my For You/Scientist/Everything's Not Lost Coldplay but ETIAW is one hell of a song

I completely understand what you mean. I am baffled as well. :confused: I guess you can't please everyone. :\ Unlike some of the comments here, I love the lyrics. They are definitely very uplifting and in my opinion are in line with the theme of other coldplay songs such as Low, Amsterdam, Everything Is Not Lost, The Scientist, Lost? and How You See The World which focus on someone going through a difficult/bad time yet hanging on to hope that some how things will turn out ok.

I am baffled as well. I like it. Is it The Scientist? No. Is it Clocks? No. But it's really, really catchy, and that's what Chris is best at, giving us songs to hum and sing along with. No, he doesn't write Arcade Fire type lyrics. But give him a break. Will it be on the album? We don't know, but I think Coldplay fans saying they're going to give up the band completely if it's on the album is a bit shortsighted. It's ONE SONG, people. Enjoy it, dance to it, exercise to it, listen while you're driving (Chris writes great driving songs). It's really not that bad. We're still Coldplay fans, after all.

The first line of the song left me in a state of WTF? but then as it went on I found myself tapping my foot, and replayed it about 20-30 times. I know this song doesn't capture the sound of the next LP, which is good I think, but it's a damn good make-you-happy song. I'd love to see it live. Comparison to a Tao Cruz song stung however.

@kittybitty + 1. The alternate unreleased version of 'Talk' is the greatest night time driving song I've ever heard.

Well guys, I really love this song, I gave it 10/10, but this thread is really, really going nowhere. Haters gonna hate, Lovers gonna love.

HOWEVER

I really would like to see a HATER IN A CONCERT and I'm Very Very Very Very Very pleased to say that NO ONE who is misunderstanding this song is capable of being STOPED in the show when they play ETIAW.

Brand new member and relative latecomer to the Coldplay cause. Very surprised that there seems a strong dislike for this song - I think it's excellent. I think they really stepped up a gear and took a great new direction on Viva La Vida - this song seems to continue that trend and I hope the album has many more like it. Just my opinion of course...

Brand new member and relative latecomer to the Coldplay cause. Very surprised that there seems a strong dislike for this song - I think it's excellent. I think they really stepped up a gear and took a great new direction on Viva La Vida - this song seems to continue that trend and I hope the album has many more like it. Just my opinion of course...

I Just Think you are absolutely right