✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Positive ETIAW Thread

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I. Adore. This. Song.

I've been a fan of Coldplay's since Parachutes, and I've been an obsessed fan since A Rush Of Blood To The Head and this is my favourite.

I love everything about it, but I love the change in beat and the burst of the song after the "waaaaaaaterfall" part. It makes me want to dance like nothing else.

• 3 weeks later...
Exactly, this morning I was almost afraid to post that I liked it. :uhoh:

But I feel bad that Debs and whoever else is reading our posts are going to be put down by all the negativity, so we need to show them that there are many of us who are enjoying it!

Dont be afraid to post this my friend. ETIAW is my favorite song. Am i ashamed no. Dont be afraid to voice your own opinion. There are always people who will never agree or like something in life. Its a fact. I think Coldplay did good with ETIAW. Heading into a different direction of music is a risk, but has a lot of potential. To all of you who hate it, whats so bad about it really? If Coldplay made the same music over and over, same style, same structure it would be the same. This is what makes Coldplay, Coldplay! They put every strand of effort into their songs. They make the music they want because they aren't afraid of what people think. They make it because they want to. So in conclusion, i like how they head in a different direction every album(so to speak). I hope you all seemy point. :)

Dont be afraid to post this my friend. ETIAW is my favorite song. Am i ashamed no. Dont be afraid to voice your own opinion. There are always people who will never agree or like something in life. Its a fact. I think Coldplay did good with ETIAW. Heading into a different direction of music is a risk, but has a lot of potential. To all of you who hate it, whats so bad about it really? If Coldplay made the same music over and over, same style, same structure it would be the same. This is what makes Coldplay, Coldplay! They put every strand of effort into their songs. They make the music they want because they aren't afraid of what people think. They make it because they want to. So in conclusion, i like how they head in a different direction every album(so to speak). I hope you all seemy point. :)

I do see your point, but for me some of the hate started to drag me down and made me feel bad for liking it.

^Same here.

However, these days I see more people liking it than hating it. I read a lot of "I didn't like it at first, but now I do, it's not that bad" etc.

Yeah, I accept the ones who say that they don't like it, but I see also less people with this attitude than at the beginning.

I love it, with every note of the song, from the beginning (to the end). ;)

But I hope that these guys who dpn't like it, still accept that the band wants to break down the frontiers. Nobody has to love or like it, but you should accept and respect it .

So it may just be me, but I've always thought that etiaw's beginning is actually continuation from the song before it. it seems that they altered the single so it doesn't appear that way. so while listening to charlie brown live @ lollapalooza, i noticed the ending to it sounded really similar to how they began etiaw @ lollapalooza. so maybe charlie brown is the prelude to the finale that is etiaw? comments?

I love love love it :) When the drums join, I get excited and then after the 'waaaterfall'part (just like you said Kaime), I go crazy and jump, sing and laugh, it's great :D

Am I happy to read this! I almost killed myself over my earphones cable yesterday as I could not stop jumping like crazy! I thought it was just me being weird, but I am glad I am not alone performing dangerous gravity-defying moves while listening to this song :D

Yesterday there was a farewell party for a good friend of mine and it was 5 o clock in the night , everyone was tired, nobody was dancing. Then, they played Every Teardrop is a Waterfall and it was magic. Everyone moved onto the dancefloor and jump and dance around, talking about this "wonderful song"... it was mind-blowing!

^Such a nice story! I am glad a lot of other people also feel this songs is like magic! :)

There are tons of positive reactions from my friends. Some of them are coldplay fans, some not but like the song. I never heard any negative reaction except some users here - but most of them accept ETIAW after some days/weeks. :)

I'm really happy with this song.

There are tons of positive reactions from my friends. Some of them are coldplay fans, some not but like the song. I never heard any negative reaction except some users here - but most of them accept ETIAW after some days/weeks. :)

I'm really happy with this song.

I'm guessing that the fans on Coldplaying are/were fans for a longer period of time than your average listener. I'm also guessing that because of this they are uncomfortable with the change from the Parachutes days to now. That's understandable but calling it the worst song ever is hyperbole.

For the record, I this song does not fit on my top 5 songs but more importantly, its not on my bottom 5/10/15/etc either. It would be near the upper echelon if I were to rank it.

I'm guessing that the fans on Coldplaying are/were fans for a longer period of time than your average listener. I'm also guessing that because of this they are uncomfortable with the change from the Parachutes days

Yes that's probably why but then it makes you wonder why sticking to and following a band that has apparently disappointed you for over a decade. There is no way I would waste time keeping up and be involved in a band whose recent music I dislike in the hope of them coming back to do another the first album. I don't get them :)

I'm guessing that the fans on Coldplaying are/were fans for a longer period of time than your average listener. I'm also guessing that because of this they are uncomfortable with the change from the Parachutes days to now. That's understandable but calling it the worst song ever is hyperbole.

Maybe this is one reason, but two of my friends are "hardcore" fans since Parachutes and they absolutely love this song. Of course the band changes their style in the past with Viva, but generally speaking also X&Y, AROBTTH were changes with regard to the previous records. Of course the "Viva-change" was bigger than the ones before.

For me another reason for some criticism is that ETIAW was the first single for the new record/era after three long years (Christmas Lights won't be on the record) and its more a up-beat sommer and live tune and partially a cover. I'm really sure that ETIAW would have many more lovers if its only a album song, not the first single after this period.