✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Major Minus

Humma

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loving what they did with GPASUYF. Not better than the VLV Tour version, but pretty good.

I think the remixed beginning of GPASUYF was bad, but it made the rest of the song sound even better than ever before, as it should be.

I quite like the comparison of those two songs. Good point there.

Most people don't seem to understand my musical similarity connections :lol:. I get immediately instantaneously reminded of other songs or bands when I hear something new, and then I write/post about it, and most people are like "OMFG what are you on :sick:."

Really, though, Arcade Fire. I'm serious. And I think that's why I love it.

But if the lyrics are actually "crocodiles ticking around the world" or whatever, I think it loses some points in my book :lol:

Most people don't seem to understand my musical similarity connections :lol:. I get immediately instantaneously reminded of other songs or bands when I hear something new, and then I write/post about it, and most people are like "OMFG what are you on :sick:."

Really, though, Arcade Fire. I'm serious. And I think that's why I love it.

But if the lyrics are actually "crocodiles ticking around the world" or whatever, I think it loses some points in my book :lol:

I'll give it another listen to see if I find something :P

I think the guitar in Charlie Brown sounds a bit like Human (The Killers)

this part:

:uhoh:

I didn't pay attention to the MM lyrics, but I like the music.

ps: Lovely avatar... Albert :dazzled:

I'll give it another listen to see if I find something :P

I think the guitar in Charlie Brown sounds a bit like Human (The Killers)

this part:

:uhoh:

I didn't pay attention to the MM lyrics, but I like the music.

ps: Lovely avatar... Albert :dazzled:

Nah, it's almost definitely just me :lol:. Seriously, no one ever agrees with my musical analogies.

I'm not *really* hearing the Human connection either, but I kind of see what you're getting at! :D

(And you know how much I love Albert :heart: :heart: :heart:)

MM is so full of energy and my favourite new song by far. I am always astonished about the fact that they manage to create such super sounds with such a limited number of vocals and instruments. Whoaa, that is pure talent! Take Chris' voice and his superb acoustic guitar sound, Jonny superlicking on his guitar,Guy taking (obviously effortless) care for great baseline and Will orchestrating the rhythm and some vocaling and you have the recipie for superb music. I really, really, really like MM!! (as of all other Coldplay songs, including ETIAW that needed some adjusting for me but is brilliant in it's way and superb for live performances).

Has anyone else noticed the Peter Pan references in both Major Minus and Charlie Brown?

Charlie Brown: "Took a car downtown where the lost boys meet” (lost boys = boys who fall out of their prams when the nurse isn't looking)

Major Minus: "I hear those crocodiles ticking around the world” (In Peter Pan, Captain Hook is followed around by a crocodile who ate his arm and a clock).

What could this mean?

Has anyone else noticed the Peter Pan references in both Major Minus and Charlie Brown?

Charlie Brown: "Took a car downtown where the lost boys meet” (lost boys = boys who fall out of their prams when the nurse isn't looking)

Major Minus: "I hear those crocodiles ticking around the world” (In Peter Pan, Captain Hook is followed around by a crocodile who ate his arm and a clock).

What could this mean?

Yeah, I noticed both of them, in fact, I pointed them out in another thread . . . . not sure why Chris is referencing Peter Pan, though