✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop might NOT be on LP5! (The Oracle Answers)

Guest Osaka Sun

Guest Osaka Sun

http://coldplay.com/oracle.php#!prettyPhoto/0/

The Oracle replies:

As you rightly notice there is no video - at the moment. That doesn't mean that whoever told you there'll be "no video" is correct. There MAY be a video. There may not. Oooh I'm annoying aren't I? It must appear that everything is shrouded in secrecy right now but it's not meant to be.

I just want to clear up that no album track listing has been announced so whether ETIAW appears on the album remains to be seen and is not for me to speculate upon. Until the album is mastered and totally ready it would be pointless.

ETIAW is a single. It's irrelevant whether it's a lead single or not as the album is still a while off. A single does not have relate to an album or appear on one, it can stand alone (as Christmas Lights did) but that doesn't mean that it will or won't.

Ah sorry for being slightly cryptic guys, you know I couldn't say even if I knew (which I don't).

Well the questions is, will other songs be on this album? Yeah they played a few songs in Germany, but I bet at the end only 2-3 songs will be on the album... I think maybe Charlie Brown and Major Minus... because the other songs are not as good as I would think for a Coldplay Album. Because at the moment we all think every new song is an album song... which I bet is not.

What do you think? Why should they leak half of LP5 when the release is not near... not even the title is clear... also Chris Martin said that they have like 50 songs and they had to decide which to put on LP5... and if not even EtiaW is clear... then I guess we will see a whole new album.

AH, come on Coldplay... just tell us what it´s all about and when to expect LP5... this here sucks -.-

Puuuh... LP5 not far? Thats a huge suprise for me...maybe the great new songs aren't at LP5 or at least not every one? Consequently LP5 is going to be purely awesome! :P

But nearly everyone said the new songs are great... hmmm...

Well I think Charlie Brown und Major Minus will be on LP5 for sure... if not, the album must be awesome if they throw those songs away... but it´s really bad to hear the album is far away :(

Really was hyped for it and thought of a july / august release :(

Wow this is great... and he really helps... first I thought you will only get answers like "no comment", but no :)

This is almost the same as "no comment". All he does is practically confirm our doubts about everything.

But now we know that the release of LP5 won't be for soon, which is quite a bummer. The good thing about it is that it probably means that ETIAW is not the lead single, as it would be too soon for that. It's some kind of "Brick By Brick", if you're into Arctic Monkeys.

Well I think the festival songs are all 'standalones' - don't really think more than one or two will be on the album itself. Perhaps it's still coming out around October (which is plausible, now that the Oracle has confirmed it has NOT BEEN FINISHED yet). As they obviously haven't decided on tracklisting yet, finishing it or the new song Chris wrote days ago, could easily take another month with all the touring they have to do. Then, add another two months for mastering and marketing it. So September seems likely.

In my opinion, they've gone the right way, giving us a few new songs while on the other hand keeping entirely mum about LP5, keeping us all guessing. My guess is that only two out of five new songs will actually be on the album and not more. Perhaps not even two, perhaps it'll be an entirely new thing :)

You are right... maybe really none of the new songs are on LP5. These songs were a bit "rocky" and this makes sense for those rock festivals in Germany and others in Europe. So maybe thats not even the style of LP5...

oh gosh I should not think about it too much...

You are right... maybe really none of the new songs are on LP5. These songs were a bit "rocky" and this makes sense for those rock festivals in Germany and others in Europe. So maybe thats not even the style of LP5...

oh gosh I should not think about it too much...

But that would be in a way awful because the new songs seem to be a huge number.

In the light of this recent question, I think my guess of LP5 dropping in October may not be far off. I don't think ETiaW will be included, if this is the case, and the other songs may be scrapped beforehand also--why give away so many songs unless a) LP5 will have more songs than normal, i.e. around 15 or more or b) none of these songs will actually appear on the album.

I also have some doubts about Major Minus. The guys know how deeply we Coldplayers delve into every little clue they give us, and this one just seems too easily given away. I would think that they would make us work harder to puzzle out the title of LP5--after all, look at all the stuff we had to put together for ETiaW!

Something's just not quite right about these circumstances . . . . :inquisitive:

The Oracle did not say the song was or was not going to be on the new CD. If the Oracle did know the answer, he is not allowed to say it. I like the live version of it better. I think Wedding Bells will be on the CD, because it reminds me of Christmas Lights which will not be on there. I do not have I tunes, so I hope Coldplay come up with a box set with these other releases.

Well I think Charlie Brown und Major Minus will be on LP5 for sure... if not, the album must be awesome if they throw those songs away... but it´s really bad to hear the album is far away :(

Really was hyped for it and thought of a july / august release :(

they said something like "new songs will not be played at the festivals", and then 7 songs has been played @ the first festival date.

don't believe everything they said

This is almost the same as "no comment". All he does is practically confirm our doubts about everything.

But now we know that the release of LP5 won't be for soon, which is quite a bummer. The good thing about it is that it probably means that ETIAW is not the lead single, as it would be too soon for that. It's some kind of "Brick By Brick", if you're into Arctic Monkeys.

Brick by Brick is on the album...

Brick by Brick is on the album...

I know, and I am not saying ETIAW won't be on the album either. But Brick By Brick was released several months before their album, and it wasn't their official first single, because that was Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair.