✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Get-well wishes pouring in for E Street Band saxophonist Clarence Clemons

mc_squared

Get-well wishes pouring in for E Street Band saxophonist Clarence Clemons

icon-comments.gif[/url]

June 15, 2011 | 2:06 pm

6a00d8341c630a53ef01538f36bc60970b-400wi

The family of E Street Band saxophonist Clarence Clemons has set up an email address for anyone wishing to send messages to Clemons in the wake of the massive stroke he suffered over the weekend at his home in Florida.

Additionally, Bruce Springsteen posted his first message to fans about Clemons’ condition, describing the stroke as “serious.”

“While all initial signs are encouraging, Clarence will need much care and support to achieve his potential once again,” Springsteen wrote on his website, Twitter and Facebook. “He has his wonderfully supportive wife, Victoria, excellent doctors and health care professionals, and is surrounded by friends and family.”

Clemons recently played on Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” album, prompting her to Tweet a request to her fans to send in get-well video greetings, many of which have been edited into a 13-minute collage that can be viewed [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMsthqAonoc]here[/ame].

The Springsteen fan site Backstreets.com quotes a source identified as “a close friend” of Clemons from the hospital on Tuesday saying, "It's sort of status quo right now, but the status quo is good. We're amazed — the doctors are amazed at the advances he's made. Bear in mind, he's still machine-assisted. But his vital signs continue to improve, and the goal is to wean him off each machine as he gets stronger."

The report continued: "It's going to be a long haul. There's a lot he'll have to relearn. But we're hopeful for a full recovery. We don't yet know if it's possible, but the movement and responsiveness on his left side is a good sign. More than anything, we want people to know how much we appreciate their prayers, all the fans keeping Clarence in their thoughts. It's coming in from all ends of the earth. And right now, those prayers are coming true."

Messages for Clemons may be sent to [email protected].

can't say i know much about Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band aside from the fact that they were one of the biggest things to happen to music since the Beatles. but after watching this video i can see what all the fuss is about.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PTJHhUeAfc]YouTube - ‪Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Jungleland (PROSHOT)‬‏[/ame]

amazing musician!

RIP brother.

Sad to see the Big Man go. I really can't imagine the E Street Band without him. He provided the heart and smiles in that band. Glad to have seen him live a couple of times. Even during his last shows, where he was sitting down most of the time, he still sounded BIG.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH_NvYPBDY0]YouTube - ‪Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Jungleland‬‏[/ame]

My heart goes out to his family and to the band. I've been a fan ever since I was very young; my dad has been a fan for many years so I grew up listening to them. I'm glad I got to see them live once. Very sad news indeed. :(