✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Final Conclusion on The New Singles and LP5 after Research.

Okay Guys, So I did lots of research and found the following things.

Before Viva La Vida and Death to All His Friends:

The only single released BEFORE the album was "Violet Hill"

In this single "A Spell A Rebel Yell" and "Lost?(The "?" Indicating it is the version of Lost! with only Chris and a Piano) were b-sides included with Violet Hill.

NEITHER B-Sides were in the album.

Before X&Y:

The only single released BEFORE the album was "Speed Of Sound".

In this single "Things I Don't Understand" and "Proof" were the b-sides included with Speed of Sound.

NEITHER B-sides made the album.

Before A Rush of Blood to the Head:

The only single released BEFORE the album was "In My Place"

In this single "One I Love" and "I Bloom Blaum" were b-sides included with In My Place.

Neither made the album.

Before Parachutes:

The singles released BEFORE the album were "Shiver" and "Yellow". Shiver included B-sides "For You" and "Careful Where You Stand", while Yellow included B-sides "Help is Round the Corner" and "No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground (Which was also on the Safety EP)".

Once again, none of these four B-sides made the album.

Kind of a pattern don't you think?

I think "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" will indeed be on the album, and "Major Minus" and "Moving to Mars" will be simple B-sides. I'm not so pleased with ETIAW as I was with other songs, but after hearing Major Minus on the radio today I almost gagged. I hope Moving to Mars is better. Charlie Brown and Princess of China and Hurts Like Heaven are GREAT and I'm expecting those songs WILL make the album.

Another Pattern I noticed is the band seems to release the first single of the album just about from 2 weeks- a month before the album hits shelves.

Violet Hill: 9 May 2008, Album: 11 June 2008

Speed of Sound: 23 May 2005, Album: 6 June 2005

In My Place: 5 August 2002, Album: 26 August 2002

Yellow: 26 June 2000, Album: 10 July 2000 (Shiver was first single, but it was the first one they released through Parlophone/EMI, meaning it was their "start" with them, so more songs were pending on the success of "Shiver".)

HMMM :D

I think....with the sort of reinvention period they're supposed to be going through, you can't rule anything out. I do believe the album isn't coming out until late August though (Guy confirmed in an interview that some songs are getting mixed and mastered NOW so that means at least a month or two until they're supposedly ready for release). I actually think Will's assessment, when some fans met him, was spot on - why would he say early autumn was the release time if it wasn't?

My opinion is that the songs which were premiered at the festivals were completed first, along with some extra songs (like Moving to Mars). Remember a year ago how Roadie says there were literally tens of songs in the mix? I'm sure they've been extra -productive this time, because they've had more than enough time to produce.

So, my conclusion is we're going to have at least another single out in a month or two; complete with at least one b-side, and then start building up the attention: slowly, but surely.

PS - don't think ETIAW will be on the album, think it was what they call a 'standalone' single specifically for the festivals plus it's on EP. But the NEXT single should be on LP5! ;)

That wasn't really my case. My case is that the B-sides of the first single or EP never get put on the album... Did you see any of the songs on Prospekt's March on Viva la Vida (Other than the Lovers In Japan without Reign of Love)? Actually for that matter, look it up, ANY B-SIDE Coldplay has ever made has NEVER made the album. "Moving to Mars" and "Major Minus" ARE B-sides obviously. So my theory stands (:

I think....with the sort of reinvention period they're supposed to be going through, you can't rule anything out. I do believe the album isn't coming out until late August though (Guy confirmed in an interview that some songs are getting mixed and mastered NOW so that means at least a month or two until they're supposedly ready for release). I actually think Will's assessment, when some fans met him, was spot on - why would he say early autumn was the release time if it wasn't?

My opinion is that the songs which were premiered at the festivals were completed first, along with some extra songs (like Moving to Mars). Remember a year ago how Roadie says there were literally tens of songs in the mix? I'm sure they've been extra -productive this time, because they've had more than enough time to produce.

So, my conclusion is we're going to have at least another single out in a month or two; complete with at least one b-side, and then start building up the attention: slowly, but surely.

PS - don't think ETIAW will be on the album, think it was what they call a 'standalone' single specifically for the festivals plus it's on EP. But the NEXT single should be on LP5! ;)

Hmm, that's a good possibility as well. Considering EMI is probably trying to juice as much possible out of the guys right now, they probably would change the patterns and just release EP's and such to make money...

They would be B-sides if they were part of the ETIAW single that was released on 3 June 2011. That's not the case, they are part of the ETIAW EP that will be released on 26 June 2011. I think that's a big difference.

Time will tell :)

They would be B-sides if they were part of the ETIAW single that was released on 3 June 2011. That's not the case, they are part of the ETIAW EP that will be released on 26 June 2011. I think that's a big difference.

Time will tell :)

Actually, I get what you're saying, and everything is apparantley possible now according to the Oracle

"Q. Hello, Oracle

Please answer me, this is like my seventh question, and this time I'm sure it's not illogical.

I read that Major Minus is gonna be released as a B-side of ETIAW. I think that Major Minus is a beautiful song, and is a track that must be on the album. But I obviously know that B-sides are usually not included on other albums than special editions. Is it going to be included on the album?

The Oracle replies:

You raise a good point. I must admit I thought the same as historically you're correct; b sides haven't appeared on the album.

All I can say is that there have been even more changes to how things (and what) are released since the last album so I wouldn't rule it out.

That said, I swear I don't know the final track listing of the album and as you already know what I am about to say... even if I did, I couldn't provide the definitive answer to your question."

Oh well, time will tell :confused:

You can't really compare these songs to Major Minus. Lost? was an alternate take on an existing song and A Spell A Rebel Yell was just something to keep busy in the meantime. Unless there's another take on Major Minus and Moving To Mars is experimental filler bullshit...

My conclusion:

EP =/= Maxi-single

Just because something is on an EP doesn't mean it's not gonna be on the album. Before they released their debut album late last month, Foster the People released a 3-song EP, and all three songs ended up on the album. That point is invalid.

I actually hope none of these songs will make it to the album, we have 7 songs at the moment so that would mean there would only be 3-4 new songs on the album. I really hope we get an album with 9-10 new songs and probably ETIAW

I don't think we've seen the first single from LP5 just yet, just an EP which is only related to LP5 because it hints at the direction it will take. Other than that it will be totally separate. My theory anyway. If the band follow the pattern of releasing a single a month before the LP then we should get the first single in September (if the rumours about an October release are true).

As well as this we don't even know the name of the LP, it seems strange to release a single from an album that nobody knows anything about.

It just doesn't fit that they release Every teardrop Is A waterfall so early. If we can trust coldplay's twitter, teh oracle and R42 the album isn't finished yet. Which means the album will wait a month or two (I;m still thinking september/october, because autumn is now mentioned so many times). So this is EP is to bridge that time.

And Chris was still creating new songs? Maybe they have so many cool songs now that they decided that this three songs are awesome, but that their more awesome songs that will be on the album.

I think album in October without any of this tracks. And the first single Charlie Brown in September, with a new B-side.

Just because something is on an EP doesn't mean it's not gonna be on the album. Before they released their debut album late last month, Foster the People released a 3-song EP, and all three songs ended up on the album. That point is invalid.

That's them. Coldplay has NEVER done that with exception to Brothers and Sisters, which two or three songs ended up on parachutes, but considering that was their first work for Parlophone/EMP, go figure...

It just doesn't fit that they release Every teardrop Is A waterfall so early. If we can trust coldplay's twitter, teh oracle and R42 the album isn't finished yet. Which means the album will wait a month or two (I;m still thinking september/october, because autumn is now mentioned so many times). So this is EP is to bridge that time.

And Chris was still creating new songs? Maybe they have so many cool songs now that they decided that this three songs are awesome, but that their more awesome songs that will be on the album.

I think album in October without any of this tracks. And the first single Charlie Brown in September, with a new B-side.

This is my new theory :3. Will mentioned something about it being a good time to release new stuff since the festivals were coming up, and since these songs are part of an EP, they probably WON'T make the album..

I could have sworn a couple of Blue Room EP tracks made it onto Parachutes. ;)

I just checked, You're completely correct, my apologies (:

I actually hope none of these songs will make it to the album, we have 7 songs at the moment so that would mean there would only be 3-4 new songs on the album. I really hope we get an album with 9-10 new songs and probably ETIAW

That's what I'm thinking is going to happen now. Maybe not with ETIAW, Even though I loved "Moving To Mars" :confused:

I don't think we've seen the first single from LP5 just yet, just an EP which is only related to LP5 because it hints at the direction it will take. Other than that it will be totally separate. My theory anyway. If the band follow the pattern of releasing a single a month before the LP then we should get the first single in September (if the rumours about an October release are true).

As well as this we don't even know the name of the LP, it seems strange to release a single from an album that nobody knows anything about.

This raises a really good point, because I remember Will said something like "With all the festivals and stuff going on, it seems like a good time to release some new stuff"...

Maybe these are just songs that didn't make the album, and are now festival/EP songs to release in the meantime.

Since ETIAW is now an EP along with Major Minus and Moving to Mars, these three songs probably won't make the album now that I think of it. :\

We're gonna get a double album:smug:

It was announced by Chris Martin, I believe, that this wasn't their masterpiece, so I think it will be more or less like in the Viva La Vida era.

Blue Room is way different, as it was before their first album. But nothing would surprise me. I wouldn't mind a reworked (less produced) version of Major Minus. :p Like they did with Don't Panic.

It seems unlikely, because this all happened around 10 years ago. But, even though it seems unlikely, it doesn't mean it is impossible.

What I believe is that this Teardrop Is A Waterfall EP is just a new way of marketing/fan debating theories move from EMI and Parlophone, just to stimulate us to get the real album, so it seems unlikely that most of these songs will appear on the album. Maybe some will go as B-Sides. And, as it was said previously, the band has a lot more to offer us so, keep your expectations high.

ETIAW is a one-off EP I reckon. An appetizer for the album, if you will. I don't think any songs from it will appear on the album. It's just been released to signal the start of this era. That's what I believe anyway. Whether any of the other tracks that have been performed live so far will make it to LP5 - who knows?

The album may still be called Major Minus, but not have a title track. A few albums are known to be named after a b-side or unreleased track from the era. Like Muse's Origin of Symmetry, Foo Fighters' The Colour and the Shape, there are a few others as well but I can't really think of anymore right now...