✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin on Ryan Seacrest 29 June 2011

wolstenfierce

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohoooo!!!! Finally some legit news!

edit. Oh I think Chris will never speak with him again. "Say hi to Gwyneth!" Not something you should say to Chris Martin.

if people can talk without saying anything?

example

http://www.dramarama.ca/2011/03/divorce-watch-gwyneth-paltrow-and-chris-martin.html

there is a divorce because Chris has a band. they are rich and bored :inquisitive:

well sure me is the divorce because my boyfriend is in a band then so ?

Me better time made party time have fun with Gwyneth because become me the best friend, i am better of Madonna :dozey:

if people can talk without saying anything?

example

http://www.dramarama.ca/2011/03/divorce-watch-gwyneth-paltrow-and-chris-martin.html

there is a divorce because Chris has a band. they are rich and bored :inquisitive:

well sure me is the divorce because my boyfriend is in a band then so ?

Me better time made party time have fun with Gwyneth because become me the best friend, i am better of Madonna :dozey:

hahahaha kashdasknASDLsdkHJAdfHSKLDjfhkjf

*acting like Chris at the end of that interview*

PLEASE. Could we summarize the interview and the main points with the new album and Glasto?!

It was very hard to understand Chris, especially for me... :(

I understood:

- very hard to finish the new record (good or bad sign, what do you think?)

- hopefully before 2020 and the new year... :P

- seriously, hopefully in the next 2 weeks finish of the new record

- in the next 6 weeks reveal of the album title

- album title hard to spell, also native speakers have some difficulties (Mutagenix Xylobrytes)

- this means for sure: Major Minus isn't the album title and I think not on LP5, also.

- no olympic games for Coldplay

- new record guitar-y - all Johnny, new sound.

What else?

What did he say about ETIAW besides the story about the movie?!

They "missed" a song and they heard it 2 months before... so they heard this piece of music and turned it into a new song and released it one month ago?! This means they haven't enough stuff?! O.O

Why it is hard to finish? Hard to find the last piece to create a new masterpiece? Or that the album won't sound ridiculous?! O.O

They "missed" a song and they heard it 2 months before... so they heard this piece of music and turned it into a new song and released it one month ago?! This means they haven't enough stuff?! O.O

well, just because there may have been a song "missing" doesn't mean that they didn't have enough stuff, just that they needed something different to fit in, you know? :P

well, just because there may have been a song "missing" doesn't mean that they didn't have enough stuff, just that they needed something different to fit in, you know? :P

Yeah, thats true, but I have to think pessimistic, than the whole album will be a huge masterpiece for me. So I seriously think that Chris Martins voice is replaced by Kesha on the new album. :P

I would summarize the news as following:

Chris Martin was recently interviewed by Ryan Seacrest, a U.S. radio host. At the beginning of the interview, Chris said that he was tired since he had recently landed from Sweden, but he was in the studio 10 minutes before the interview started.

Asked about the new Coldplay album and if it was finished, he said that there was a lot of jazz, saxophone and bagpipes and a lot of weird chanting. He further clarified the album was not yet finished and it was hard and difficult to finish an album, comparing such duty to getting to final of American Idol.

Later on, he was asked by the radio host, what needed to be in his life to make a great record. He confirmed love, distance, heartache, returning to his roots plus some sort of a strange drive which comes from different sources, like someone being mean, someone being fantastic or something on the news. Just anything that makes him feel alive. He also confirmed the news that he was inspired by a scene on the film Biutiful starring Javier Bardem to write the band's new single - Every Teardrop is A Waterfall.

Chris said that he gets scared by shows like American Idol, stating that he feels bad for people being kicked out. Such situation reminded him of being turned down by girls at school. He also said that he has to deal with rejection in music all the time, just switching on the Internet. Although, he doesn't looks at the Internet anymore.

He also hoped that the album will be revealed before the end of this year. He praised Beyonce and U2 performances on Glastonbury. Asked about which advice he gave to Beyonce before Glastonbury, he joked by saying that his advice to her was not to play any Coldplay songs. He also joked about and denied the rumors of Coldplay's appearance in the 2012 London Olympics inauguration.

Regarding LP5 again, he said that the title of the album was hard to spell and it was going to probably be revealed in about 6 weeks.

He went further on saying that "in all honesty" he thinks LP5 will be finished in about two weeks time and that the band have worked a long time on it, trying as hard as they possibly can on the next album. In relation to new things fans can expect of the next album, he finally said that there is going to be a lot of guitar since finally the guitarist of the band, Jonny Buckland, was playing as good as they always thought he was going to play.