Chris Martin on Ryan Seacrest 29 June 2011

wolstenfierce

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Martin was recently interviewed by Ryan Secret

Seacrest

Asked about the new Coldplay album and if it was finished, he said that there was a lot of jazz, saxophone and bagpipes and a lot of weird chanting.

That was a joke

I would summarize the news as following:

Chris Martin was recently interviewed by Ryan Secret, a U.S. radio host. At the beginning of the interview, Chris said that he was tired since he had recently landed from Sweden, but he was in the studio 10 minutes before the interview started.

Asked about the new Coldplay album and if it was finished, he said that there was a lot of jazz, saxophone and bagpipes and a lot of weird chanting. He further clarified the album was not yet finished and it was hard and difficult to finish an album, comparing such duty to getting to final of American Idol.

Later on, he was asked by the radio host, what needed to be in his life to make a great record. He confirmed love, distance, heartache, returning to his roots plus some sort of a strange drive which comes from different sources, like someone being mean, someone being fantastic or something on the news. Just anything that makes him feel alive. He also confirmed the news that he was inspired by a scene on the film Biutiful starring Javier Bardem to write the band's new single - Every Teardrop is A Waterfall.

Chris said that he gets scared by shows like American Idol, stating that he feels bad for people being kicked out. Such situation reminded him of being turned down by girls at school. He also said that he has to deal with rejection in music all the time, just switching on the Internet. Although, he doesn't looks at the Internet anymore.

He also hoped that the album will be revealed before the end of this year. He praised Beyonce and U2 performances on Glastonbury. Asked about which advice he gave to Beyonce before Glastonbury, he joked by saying that his advice to her was not to play any Coldplay songs. He also joked about and denied the rumors of Coldplay's appearance in the 2012 London Olympics inauguration.

Regarding LP5 again, he said that the title of the album was hard to spell and it was going to probably be revealed in about 6 weeks.

He went further on saying that "in all honesty" he thinks LP5 will be finished in about two weeks time and that the band have worked a long time on it, trying as hard as they possibly can on the next album. In relation to new things fans can expect of the next album, he finally said that there is going to be a lot of guitar since finally the guitarist of the band, Jonny Buckland, was playing as good as they always thought he was going to play.

A+ on summation

I would summarize the news as following:

Chris Martin was recently interviewed by Ryan Seacrest, a U.S. radio host. At the beginning of the interview, Chris said that he was tired since he had recently landed from Sweden, but he was in the studio 10 minutes before the interview started.

Asked about the new Coldplay album and if it was finished, he said that there was a lot of jazz, saxophone and bagpipes and a lot of weird chanting. He further clarified the album was not yet finished and it was hard and difficult to finish an album, comparing such duty to getting to final of American Idol.

Later on, he was asked by the radio host, what needed to be in his life to make a great record. He confirmed love, distance, heartache, returning to his roots plus some sort of a strange drive which comes from different sources, like someone being mean, someone being fantastic or something on the news. Just anything that makes him feel alive. He also confirmed the news that he was inspired by a scene on the film Biutiful starring Javier Bardem to write the band's new single - Every Teardrop is A Waterfall.

Chris said that he gets scared by shows like American Idol, stating that he feels bad for people being kicked out. Such situation reminded him of being turned down by girls at school. He also said that he has to deal with rejection in music all the time, just switching on the Internet. Although, he doesn't looks at the Internet anymore.

He also hoped that the album will be revealed before the end of this year. He praised Beyonce and U2 performances on Glastonbury. Asked about which advice he gave to Beyonce before Glastonbury, he joked by saying that his advice to her was not to play any Coldplay songs. He also joked about and denied the rumors of Coldplay's appearance in the 2012 London Olympics inauguration.

Regarding LP5 again, he said that the title of the album was hard to spell and it was going to probably be revealed in about 6 weeks.

He went further on saying that "in all honesty" he thinks LP5 will be finished in about two weeks time and that the band have worked a long time on it, trying as hard as they possibly can on the next album. In relation to new things fans can expect of the next album, he finally said that there is going to be a lot of guitar since finally the guitarist of the band, Jonny Buckland, was playing as good as they always thought he was going to play.

thanks

example Every Teardrop is A Waterfall have much bagpipes too

I hope Chris is not crying in his cave because it's a real good singer and has a beautiful voice comes from heart :thinking:

I can't hear the interview while at work, when did he talk to Moses? Did Moses interrupt him or something?

Moses asked Chris something when he was doing the interview, it sounds really cute!

Oh, I love Chris' interviews...there is never really anything said :P

Maybe he was being honest when he said that he hopes it will be done in 2 weeks and the title will be revealed in 6 weeks. He sounded somewhat sincere.

Now why can't he just answer:

"Can you say hi to Gwyneth for us?"

"Sure thing."

THIS!!

This was such a cute interview then he ruins it at the end...yes it's great he draws a line between personal and professional but it's not like he was asked anything personal and it not like no one knew they were married before that, just say yes! He takes it too far.

That being said the Moses thing was super cute

Guest howyousawtheworld
THIS!!

This was such a cute interview then he ruins it at the end...yes it's great he draws a line between personal and professional but it's not like he was asked anything personal and it not like no one knew they were married before that, just say yes! He takes it too far.

That being said the Moses thing was super cute

THIS!

Found it a bit awkward myself.

i think i found it more awkward that Ryan would even ask that. :P

Me too, because I'll bet he knew it'd make Chris act weird.

I agree he should've just said "Sure thing." But his answer was sort of hilarious...