✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin on Ryan Seacrest 29 June 2011

wolstenfierce

I think Chris was joking when he said the title would be hard to spell, because he followed up with, "in all honesty..." and because, well, he's Chris.

He sure got frustrated when Ryan mentioned Gwyneth. I'm wondering how Ricky Gervais ever got Chris to utter that line in Extras about Gwyneth making drumsticks!

It sounds like little Moses has his daddy's English accent, exactly. Very cute.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny interview!!

Chris is too weird about his wife, just don't understand why a simple "Sure thing" couldn't have been said:rolleyes: I mean he acknowledges his kids in interviews, where the hell does he think they appeared from???? 20 something hours of labor from his wife is where!!!:P

Guest howyousawtheworld
he's kind of crazy but in a good way I think.

you give a finger to the media these days and they try to grab your whole arm.

Yeah I see what you mean. I think Chris is always quite shy and sensitive when talking about things that are personal to him - that's why we don't get much out of him when discussing Coldplay. Being Chris Martin he's clearly very weary of what the media says about what he says which is completely understandable.

The most important things now are that they will reveal the album title in about six weeks and that it will be finished in two weeks. And hey, he just said that they have THOUGHT about the name and that they think that it's hard to spell, but this doesn't mean that it's a definitive thing.

I think it will be different and I am not worried about it. After listening to the ETIAW single (along with the other two songs on it) on my Ipod and hearing Charlie Brown and UATW I have great hope. I keep seeing people complaining (not always on this board) that Coldplay should go back to their Parachutes sound. Really? You want every album and every song to sound like Parachutes? I love Parachutes but a band has got to grow. It seems each album gets louder and more boisterous as Chris gains more confidence as a singer and songwriter. He's really singing out on every song. I like to see the changes and while I love the quiet songs like "For You" and the piano ballads, let's let them do more diverse songs. You can have a Coldplay song for every occasion! I'm sure, too, that Chris is tired of people saying they listen to Coldplay when they're depressed!

I love the new songs we've heard and it makes me excited for the new album. But im still nervous but I kinda always feel this way for a new album I have high hopes for. So im nervous excited :D

I love coldplays old stuff and I miss it sometimes but we can't want the samething again and again. I love that they do new things while keeping it coldplay :P

All I would ask for is that they play their old stuff at concerts more. And it seems they may want that too since they played everythings not lost and they're bringing back shiver :)

long story short: im a happy fan :P

Asked about the new Coldplay album and if it was finished, he said that there was a lot of jazz, saxophone and bagpipes and a lot of weird chanting.

d00d bagpipes and saxophone would be super awesome

/listening to too much ska and celtic punk lately

I think it will be different and I am not worried about it. After listening to the ETIAW single (along with the other two songs on it) on my Ipod and hearing Charlie Brown and UATW I have great hope. I keep seeing people complaining (not always on this board) that Coldplay should go back to their Parachutes sound. Really? You want every album and every song to sound like Parachutes? I love Parachutes but a band has got to grow. It seems each album gets louder and more boisterous as Chris gains more confidence as a singer and songwriter. He's really singing out on every song. I like to see the changes and while I love the quiet songs like "For You" and the piano ballads, let's let them do more diverse songs. You can have a Coldplay song for every occasion! I'm sure, too, that Chris is tired of people saying they listen to Coldplay when they're depressed!

yes but me I am depressive :\

Celtic punk?

yeah man~

Celtic punk is punk rock mixed with traditional Celtic music. The typical Celtic punk band includes a rock instrumentation as well as traditional instruments such as bagpipes, fiddle, tin whistle, accordion, mandolin, and banjo. Like Celtic rock, Celtic punk is a form of Celtic fusion.[2] The term Celtic punk is usually used to describe bands who base their music in Irish or Scottish traditional music. It is considered part of the broader folk punk genre, but that term tends to be used for bands that use English, American and other forms of folk music as inspiration.

/wikipedia

yeah man~

Celtic punk is punk rock mixed with traditional Celtic music. The typical Celtic punk band includes a rock instrumentation as well as traditional instruments such as bagpipes, fiddle, tin whistle, accordion, mandolin, and banjo. Like Celtic rock, Celtic punk is a form of Celtic fusion.[2] The term Celtic punk is usually used to describe bands who base their music in Irish or Scottish traditional music. It is considered part of the broader folk punk genre, but that term tends to be used for bands that use English, American and other forms of folk music as inspiration.

/wikipedia

:wideeyed:

My sentiments exactly. There is plenty variation for all tastes and I'm also glad Coldplay evolve and do not stagnate into just one sound.

I think it'll be about as memorable as X&Y, the only things people will really remember from these sessions are Charlie Brown and Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall. :shrug:

I respect your opinion. But. New songs>most of X&Y (Save maybe Fix You, Speed of Sound, Talk, and a Message). In my view.