✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Whats your favourite lyric out of all the new songs?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's so many amazing lyrics it's hard to choose. Every single one has lyrics that just plain rock, even though ETIAW does drag in places. It's really incredible! :D So stokedddd for this album, finding out the tracklist and title, just everything. Loving life thanks to Coldplay!!!

edit: that was probably a cop out. I'll try my hardest to pick a definite one. Though it is kinda hard because it seems the guys are still tweaking the lyrics, you can sort of tell between Rock am Ring and the latest few concerts some of the lyrics sound a bit different.

Eight to nine, nine to ten

We are meeting for the first time- we might never meet again

You and me

We are meeting for the first time can't you see?

Seven, six, five, four, three

We are meeting for the first time, singing this space symphony

:D I really really really love this part of Moving to Mars so I'll have to choose this. Out of all of the new lyrics it's been the hardest to get out of my head and what I find myself singing the most out of the new stuff by a good margin. Plus, I couldn't stop humming it/singing it under my breath all graduation day and so it has a special intrinsic meaning/significance to me! [[[: I could give a whole explanation but of how I connected it but I'll save you the zzzz's. haha

"Maybe I'm in the black, maybe I'm on my knees

Maybe I'm in the gap, between the two trapezes

But my heart is beating and my pulse start

Cathedrals in my heart" :dance:

"And it's true

When you use your heart as a weapon

And it hurts like heaven" :dazzled:

"They got one eye watching you

One eye on what you do

So be careful cause nothing they say is true

No d, -don't believe a word

It's jus-ust-us against the world

And we just got to turn up to be heard" :sunny:

"And I heard it on the radio that

One day we'll be living in the stars

And I heard it on a tv show that

Somewhere up above and in my heart

They'll be tearing us apart

Maybe moving us to Mars" :love:

"Like a river to a raindrop, I lost a friend" :cry::sad2:

The best lyric of any of the new songs is easily from Charlie Brown;

"My scarecrow dreams

When they smash my heart into smithereens

I'll be a bright red rose combusting the concrete

Be a cartoon heart

Light a fire, light a spark

Light a fire, a flame in my heart

We'll run wild

We'll be glowing in the dark"

Agreed :sunny:

I really love all the new lyrics. Maybe apart from ETIAW (but I do like the trapezes bit). It's so hard to choose, and it changes all the time!

But I somehow have a huge weak spot for Chris doing stutters, so right now I would say:

'no d, -don't believe a word

its jus-ust-us against the world

and we just got to turn up to be heard

hear the crocodiles ticking round the world

hear the crocodiles ticking, they go ticking round the world'

And then that GUITAR :dazzled:

This line would make so much more sense if "river" and "raindrop" switched places. :inquisitive:

I completely agree and I'm glad you pointed this out. I've been thinking the same thing for some time now but I wasn't sure if it was just me or what. Hopefully they'll change it. It would sound a lot better; it's still a great song regardless though. [:

I completely agree and I'm glad you pointed this out. I've been thinking the same thing for some time now but I wasn't sure if it was just me or what. Hopefully they'll change it. It would sound a lot better; it's still a great song regardless though. [:

I agree with this as well, since the raindrop would be disappearing into the river. Maybe Chris just thought it flowed better the other way.

I agree with this as well, since the raindrop would be disappearing into the river. Maybe Chris just thought it flowed better the other way.

That's possible. But you know, now that I think about it- it really could make sense. :idea2: Because the raindrop loses the river when it's evaporated back out from it and up into the atmosphere to make clouds. You know?

Like a river to a raindrop, I lost a friend.

It's talking about how many raindrops get lost when they fall into the river, and when you look at it from the raindrop's perspective, it's sad.

Makes sense to me.

Written in graffiti on a bridge in a park: "Do you ever get the feeling that you're missing the mark?". It's so cold, it's so cold. It's so cold, it's so cold. Written up a marker on a factory sign: "I struggle with the feeling that my life isn't mine...". It's so cold, it's so cold. It's so cold, it's so cold.

I just get chills when I listen to this :D

I like

I'm coming 'round to get us/I'm coming 'round when they don't know the facts from Hurts Like Heaven.

When I first heard it I thought it was a reference to the Viva La Vida Satriani lawsuit i.e Satriani had no proof that Coldplay ripped him off, he didn't know the facts. It's probably not to do with that but that was my first impression.

I like

I'm coming 'round to get us/I'm coming 'round when they don't know the facts from Hurts Like Heaven.

When I first heard it I thought it was a reference to the Viva La Vida Satriani lawsuit i.e Satriani had no proof that Coldplay ripped him off, he didn't know the facts. It's probably not to do with that but that was my first impression.

Those aren't the lyrics, they don't make sense at all.

It's "How come they're out to get us? How come they're out when they don't know the facts?"

Very, very clear in this video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9OE2vwwH9c]YouTube - ‪(HD) Coldplay Hurts like Heaven / Yellow/ In My Place Live on Rock Werchter 2011‬‏[/ame] at around 3:45

I like

I actually like this version of the lyrics now that you put it that way. Before I didn't care for it. But I still def. prefer the other version better because it fits the whole "nervous" and "can't relax" theme in the two lines preceding. 'How come they're out to get us?/How come they're out when they don't know the facts?' It's a very paranoid-infused line and I think it just works really well. Plus I know whenever I'm really nervous I constantly ask questions, whether in my head or out loud. Why is this person doing this? Why are they doing that? And so on. Chris may not be the best lyricist in the world. But I think Hurts Like Heaven is some pretty great stuff as far as Coldplay goes. His lyrics paint the situation well- especially during the stanza in question. I always feel like I'm living his feelings/concerns during that part.

Written in graffiti on a bridge in a park: "Do you ever get the feeling that you're missing the mark?". It's so cold, it's so cold. It's so cold, it's so cold. Written up a marker on a factory sign: "I struggle with the feeling that my life isn't mine...". It's so cold, it's so cold. It's so cold, it's so cold.

I just get chills when I listen to this :D

I love that one too :)

Those aren't the lyrics, they don't make sense at all.

It's "How come they're out to get us? How come they're out when they don't know the facts?"

Firstly, since when do lyrics need to make sense? Secondly, both 'I'm' and 'how come' have been sung at the festivals. 'How come' sounds better but nobody can be sure on what the official lyrics are until it's released on an album and the lyrics get put on coldplay.com

• 2 weeks later...
Like a river to a raindrop, I lost a friend.

It's talking about how many raindrops get lost when they fall into the river, and when you look at it from the raindrop's perspective, it's sad.

Makes sense to me.

I know that's what it's trying to say, but the way is prased...to lose a river to a raindrop would imply that the raindrop itself absorbed the river, thus making it impossible to find. Obviously, you can't exactly lose a full-sized river inside a typical raindrop. No raindrop is quite that big. :lol: HOWEVER, you could lose a raindrop to a river...once that little droplet of water hits the surface of the river, you won't be finding it again...ever.