✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay given up on princess of China?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling part of the reason they're not playing it anymore is because of the animation that played in the background during the live shows... that little clip could contain information that they don't want released yet... :)

I have a feeling part of the reason they're not playing it anymore is because of the animation that played in the background during the live shows... that little clip could contain information that they don't want released yet... :)

Lol,we kind of agreed they could've just kicked out whatever it was in the background and still play the song :smug:

I hope they don't drop it :uhoh:

I imagine the guys have scratched it from their concert setlist for reasons other than the fact that they don't like it. As another poster said above, maybe they're just tweaking the fine details a bit.

Or maybe they just thought it didn't fit well with their setlists? :shrug:

I asked the Oracle about why they didn't play it anymore and if they disliked the song, 2 times, and he has not answered. Then I remembered someone asked which were their favorite songs from LP5 era, and the oracle answered "Princess Of China" and "Major Minus". Maybe it's because everyone saw the M xylobrytes. If WE shutted up about the M-Xylobrytes, maybe Coldplay would still be playing it, or I think so.

it did fit the setlist very well :dozey: i hope it is just because they dont want to play all the hits of the new album before the release.

I thought it fit the setlist nicely also :nice: but maybe the guys didn't see it that way (after all, they did just add ENL and Shiver back into their setlists :dance: )

But this is Coldplay we're talking about, so it could be any number of reasons :laugh3:

I think it's most likely because they haven't nailed the specifics of how they want to perform the song for two main reasons that I can think of - 1. Chris might not yet be confident with his vocals. You guys know how Coldplay can be so perfectionist and self-critical. Maybe Chris doesn't know all the words yet for all we know (or hasn't written them :p). 2. They might not have agreed on what Jonny will do. He seems to be switching, a little randomly, between acoustic guitar and synthesizer. Maybe he's thinking about playing electric guitar on the song too but hasn't got that 100% ready to go.

Part of why I thought of this is that if you watch the Gothenburg performance of Major Minus, Jonny switches up the way he plays the interlude harmonics - he makes the rhythm a lot more complicated (like the drums/acoustic guitar strum rhythm) which suggests to me that all of these songs remain works in progress. Which is okay, because they'll all sound really good live and on album. :)

I thought it fit the setlist nicely also :nice: but maybe the guys didn't see it that way (after all, they did just add ENL and Shiver back into their setlists :dance: )

But this is Coldplay we're talking about, so it could be any number of reasons :laugh3:

well that was a good thing to add two more parachutes to the setlist :nice:

maybe they just wanted to play something special for me in nuremberg only :smug2::p

my opinion:

Rock im Park was the first comeback concert of the Lp5 era. They decided to play new songs, but the next day it turned out that people had uploaded pretty decent quality video of these songs on Youtube, and you know how this works, these videos have begun to circulate very fast around the web. The only new song that surprisingly didn't have a good video recording was Princess of China, and maybe they seized the opportunity to take a step backward and not spoil another new song of LP5.

just my 2 cents.

last thought: maybe, like you've said, they're tweaking some details, maybe the lyrics are incomplete (i.e. where chris sings "You sing Love, la la la la la la la la etc.")

no. from the first gig (@ rock im park) there only exist bad quality videos.

the good quality videos are all from the next day (@ rock am ring).

they could have solved that bad quality problem easily if they would care about that!

they still could solve that by just playing it again^^

but you are right: maybe they just don't want to spoil too many songs of the new album..