✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay given up on princess of China?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahaha They did it on purpose. It's not a coincidence that poc wass played at rock Im park which also wasn't televised meaning no great tv recording, leaves it somewhat mystique

The Oracle?????????????????????????????????????????

Guest howyousawtheworld

I'd be surprised if this wasn't brought back sooner rather than later

• 4 weeks later...

I think it makes nosense that Coldplay have stopped playing PoC just because of the "spiring" mural behind them in The Rock am Ring Festival. They won't have finished it yet. As "Bach" says, they will probably want to change some things from the song and try new experiments.

But don't worry beacuse in the new album Princess of China will have the best quality of all!!!!!!!!!

They're just holding back so the new album isn't spoiled. The release date would be kind of anti-climactic if everyone already knew all the songs on the album. They saw how the videos went viral and knew anything they played at any venue was going to be out there in a big way.

Guest howyousawtheworld
It will most probably be on the album, Chris seemed excited about it. But maybe they thought 7-8 new songs is a bit too much considering they don't want to spoil everything on the album

For sure. Especially to festival crowds who aren't there just to see Coldplay. Only hardcore fans want to see Princess of China again with other new songs but if you were in Coldplay's shoes dropping old classics for new songs at festivals would seem like a very silly thing to do. They've found the perfect balance between satisfying harcore fans who want to hear new stuff at every gig and more casual fans who just want to sing along to the likes of In My Place and Yellow at these festivals.

For sure. Especially to festival crowds who aren't there just to see Coldplay. Only hardcore fans want to see Princess of China again with other new songs but if you were in Coldplay's shoes dropping old classics for new songs at festivals would seem like a very silly thing to do. They've found the perfect balance between satisfying harcore fans who want to hear new stuff at every gig and more casual fans who just want to sing along to the likes of In My Place and Yellow at these festivals.

Or they just like Germans and hate the rest of us:P

It's crazy how everyone is going nuts over a song that they didn't even hear correctly. I don't and can't understand why it has become some people favorite new song.

Let's wait until we hear it the way it should be heard not these crappy Youtube videos. It make you lose all music credibility.

It's crazy how everyone is going nuts over a song that they didn't even hear correctly. I don't and can't understand why it has become some people favorite new song.

Let's wait until we hear it the way it should be heard not these crappy Youtube videos. It make you lose all music credibility.

You can hear definetely some little details which will be clearer on the studio version. But the melody, the chinese-touch, the lalalala-parts...I love it! I imangine a great studio version which is really different to all the pop songs in the radios.

I'm agree, the intrumental seems to be very beautiful :heart: but I think the lyrics is average, maybe the original of album will be different than the live version :)

I would have prefered Princess Of Kingdom for title than Princess Of China but I think they've chosen this title because on every album they chose a country theme...

The first song that comes to mind when I hear it (and I've only heard it once) is Yes. I may be way out on that, but I'm sure the band are looking for more of a Viva La Vida vibe this summer, with say Charlie Brown and Hurts Like Heaven. When Coldplay fans are paying especially to see Coldplay, they'll drop the favourites in the set, but at Glasto etc, they have to crowd-please, let's be honest.

As for the screen theory, I don't buy it. I would let nothing stop me from playing a song I enjoy live.