🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Radiohead

Has any one received their seat assignments from WASTE? Ticketbastard has already printed and shipped my Dallas ticket and I still don't know where I'm sitting for Houston.
so tix for US have been shipped already.:angry::dozey:

yup I did :) still stressed about the fact that we don't have the flights or accommodation booked yet' date=' though.[/quote'] do it asap ;)

I am in complete disbelief at the lack of respect for Pink Floyd... especially from Radiohead fans. If it weren't for Floyd, Radiohead would not sound the same at all.

And honestly, if you think that a track is bad because of being 25:00, then you either:

a)Haven't heard 'Echoes',

or

b)Have the attention span of a squirrel.

Well..i like pink floyd and they are really good! Theyve got some brilliant songs.

But i like radiohead more :nice:

New post on DAS:

how did you hear about us?

*guardian unlimited

*irritating style magazine

*wallpaper

*yellow pages

*financial advisor

*mum

*dad

*your students

*the frog in the garden

*reform school

*you hear these things

*a german pen-pal

*semaphore

*parish magazine/church notice board

I wish we could reply on that.

New post on DAS:

how did you hear about us?

*guardian unlimited

*irritating style magazine

*wallpaper

*yellow pages

*financial advisor

*mum

*dad

*your students

*the frog in the garden

*reform school

*you hear these things

*a german pen-pal

*semaphore

*parish magazine/church notice board

I wish we could reply on that.

:laugh3: well. it was by myself when i was digging through my cousin's cds (he's a dj), but there was only creep that i liked it, but i forgot about the whole band thing quite soon

and then there was this crazy friend of mine who just started sending me songs off kid a and okc. :D

Whooo! now we have more posts then the muse thread :dance:

My cousin told me about radiohead and he showed me a concert..and i didnt like it :\ After a week or so i tried to listen to it again and downloaded some songs..

Then the internet crashed..and ive been listening for 3 months! to only 6 of their songs..and i was so addicted to it!

My opinion on PF

I've heard Echoes many times and its pretty good but theres some bits of that song that drag, its not a lack of an attention span on my part its that PF are over zelious, especially here and their instrumental passages just sometimes don't give enough back to the listener.

RH are like a less self obsessed and condensed version of PF, instead of making an album of 3 15 minute masterpeices, they create one with 12, that don't all drag at some point.

And tell me sometimes PF (looking at Animals and Dark Side) sometimes just stretch their songs for the sake of it. Im looking at Dogs right now with its vocal feedback and dog barking that stretches for minutes unneccasarily.

Now PF were a template for RH yes but they hardly stand for anything more than bloated arena rock in this day and age, a phase that rightfully died out. Its like the Beatles or Queen (the cheif inspiration of Muse), they made a style to copy but over time people have improved on this style.

The music is still entertaining, but they made mistakes and should be achnolaged as doing so. RH have perfected my definition of good music PF can be boring at times.

i got into radiohead through this board. i'd always been vaguely aware of them and thought the bandname was cool, but from OK computer which my friend burned me (saying that it was really, really weird and that she wasn't a huge fan) i wasn't really into anything besides "airbag." then one day i bought pablo honey and the bends at a used CD sale and loved them, but i knew OKC was a bit too far-out for me, as was everything else after it. i gave OKC and beyond two more tries because of the radiohead enthusiasm on coldplaying, but still didn't get it. then i got in rainbows and was BLOWN AWAY. somehow, after hearing IR, everything else that they've ever done clicked into place and made perfect sense. it was like when someone finally explains some scientific concept to you in school in a way you understand and you feel like a moron for not getting it before.

though i'm still not enthusiastic about HTTT (besides there there) or amnesiac. i like them, but i'm just not blown away by them, at least not in the same way as all the other albums.

My opinion on PF

I've heard Echoes many times and its pretty good but theres some bits of that song that drag, its not a lack of an attention span on my part its that PF are over zelious, especially here and their instrumental passages just sometimes don't give enough back to the listener.

RH are like a less self obsessed and condensed version of PF, instead of making an album of 3 15 minute masterpeices, they create one with 12, that don't all drag at some point.

And tell me sometimes PF (looking at Animals and Dark Side) sometimes just stretch their songs for the sake of it. Im looking at Dogs right now with its vocal feedback and dog barking that stretches for minutes unneccasarily.

Now PF were a template for RH yes but they hardly stand for anything more than bloated arena rock in this day and age, a phase that rightfully died out. Its like the Beatles or Queen (the cheif inspiration of Muse), they made a style to copy but over time people have improved on this style.

The music is still entertaining, but they made mistakes and should be achnolaged as doing so. RH have perfected my definition of good music PF can be boring at times.

Good post. I agree completely with every part of it. Just one more thing: Radiohead triumphs over Pink Floyd in good original musical and lyrical content.

i got into radiohead through this board. i'd always been vaguely aware of them and thought the bandname was cool, but from OK computer which my friend burned me (saying that it was really, really weird and that she wasn't a huge fan) i wasn't really into anything besides "airbag." then one day i bought pablo honey and the bends at a used CD sale and loved them, but i knew OKC was a bit too far-out for me, as was everything else after it. i gave OKC and beyond two more tries because of the radiohead enthusiasm on coldplaying, but still didn't get it. then i got in rainbows and was BLOWN AWAY. somehow, after hearing IR, everything else that they've ever done clicked into place and made perfect sense. it was like when someone finally explains some scientific concept to you in school in a way you understand and you feel like a moron for not getting it before.

though i'm still not enthusiastic about HTTT (besides there there) or amnesiac. i like them, but i'm just not blown away by them, at least not in the same way as all the other albums.

To me Radiohead for me was an instantly gripping thing, they're so dam intresting. The further I got into them the more I found RH's outlook and vision similar to my own. Radioheads the band for people who like films like Taxi Driver!

---------

The wall and Wish you were here are my fav floyd albums, followed by Animals. DSOTM to me isn't anything amazing, in the big wide world most lyrics arn't philosophical poetry so those that are stand out. Roger Waters had an amazing vision don't get me wrong but this is his least intresting expressing of it. Its so dam self indulgent to the band (rather than the real masterpeices when Roger controlled) with all these dam instrumentals. Whatever color you like, is supposed to be an important philosophical pointer, with no lyrics its just needless. Its as pointless as Hunting bears!